1. General Electric Unicycle Forums

1. Forum Rules (and topics relating to this forum)

Bug reports, questions and suggestions about using this forum can go here.

For brand-specific discussion check the Brand-Specific Forums category instead.  All other brands or non-brand-specific posts go here.

A place for videos about electric unicycles.

Electric unicycle reviews and first impressions.  All brands go here.

Buying your first electric unicycle? Thinking of upgrading, or adding to your collection? Find the best wheel for you!

Find a dealer, and discuss and review your commercial sellers.

How-to's, tips, tutorials, videos, questions about learning to ride.

From trail-riding and off-roading to riding backwards, jumping curbs, going down stairs, and tons of cool tricks.

Everything safety-related, from helmets, wrist guards and other protective gear to defensive driving and staying safe while riding.

OEM apps, alternative apps, smart watches, speedmeters, etc.

Electric Unicycle Repair and Modifications. We are not responsible for the safety of anything posted in the forum. Please do your own research.

Everything tire (tyre) related can go here.

For euc lovers to arrange meet ups for group rides or creating threads in your local language.  Please at least state the country in your title.

Buy and Sell secondhand eucs by owners.  Must be related to electric unicycles.  We are NOT responsible for any transactions made between buyers and sellers.

Must be related to electric unicycles.  electricunicycle.org has zero income and is not affiliated with any business entities. There are no fees for posting here. We are NOT responsible for any transactions made between buyers and sellers nor are we liable for the safety of whatever is being sold. You must be a "Full Member" to post in this section which means you need to be active on the forum for a while.

Sharing your rides: filming, editing and storytelling skills; cameras, drones, gimbals, selfie sticks and other video gear.

For discussions unrelated to electric unicycles. Posting rules.

For members to test out forum functions. Posts here will be deleted periodically.

1. 55.9k

1. 541

This is NOT for the "Ninebot Mini" (which is two-wheeled).  That belongs in the Ninebot Mini Forum

1. One-Wheeled Skateboards

One-Wheeled Skateboards such as Onewheel

1. Ninebot Mini, Segway MiniPRO, Xiaomi Mini, Airwheel S8 or equivalent

For all "hoverboards" that have a short steering column in the center.

General forum for hoverboard aka self-balancing scooter

4. Commercial Advertisements (Ninebot Mini & equivalent only)

electricunicycle.org has zero income and is not affiliated with any business entities. There are no fees for posting here. We are NOT responsible for any transactions made between buyers and sellers nor are we liable for the safety of whatever is being sold.

1. 1.7k

• One last thing. Jumping and dropping the wheel seems like fun. Everyone is doing it on youtube. Stairs up/down.  If you want your wheel to last you treat it nicely. New wheels can fail and wheels that look like they've been to hell and back can keep on going. It depends on luck and who's riding/doing maintenance.
    • For comfort you just need to practice and increase the time spent on the wheel incrementally.  5min.... next day 10min...  Eventually you'll be able to do hours but at first you'll think it's impossible. It's like that for everybody.
    • I could write up a longish post on this but I'm going to avoid that. I made a lot of time destroying mistakes when learning to ride because many of the videos I watched I found were basically just wrong. #1 Learn outdoors, preferably on a great lawn that is preferably firm and not squishy. Solid surfaces are going to be incredibly tempting and you may have to use them but a great lawn is a better initial learning platform. The whole point of using a lawn is to get away from the fear of banging up the wheel and yourself. You will drop the wheel and possibly yourself in the initial stages. #2 Do not use "helper" objects like poles, fences, friends etc. You will be very tempted but don't do it. Using them will handicap your progress to various degrees. #3 Figure out which leg is your preferred leg for staying on the wheel while you hop along with the other leg but try both anyway. #4 You will be learning to ride by first teaching your body to know the weight and momentum of the wheel this is done through repetitive mounting & dismounting. Mounting & dismounting is THE core skill from which you learn to ride. Put your preferred leg on the wheel and hop with the other leg while moving forward. IE the hopping leg is NOT coming up on the pedal until the initial body and brain conditioning is done. You bring the hoping leg up on the pedal for only very short moments as you progress. As you get better at this the distances get longer, at some point you will be testing your ability to ride a few feet and then a few yards, etc. Also it is critical that the tire is inflated correctly for your weight. Assuming that this is a suspension wheel, you should also attempt to get that dialed in enough so that it is not feeling too soft or too stiff, if it crushes a lot under your weight it is probably too soft. If it has no give it is too stiff. You can always adjust it later as experience grows. Good luck and welcome to the world of EUC'ing.
    • You’re just lengthening the spring on the assembly thread, so the bar stays the same length. You could just use a wrench on the ring, but I preferred to twist the whole assembly to avoid rubbing between the spring and the ring
    • Manual shows 25.4 kg == 56 lbs, but I see 53 lbs on floor scale. V8F show 35 lbs, which I'm pretty sure is correct. Manual shows 18L at 21.6 kg == 48 lbs. For 18L to 18XL, going from 80 cells to 120 cells adds about 4 lbs, and there would be some weight for the metal tabs used to link the cells, so it's not clear why there should be an 8 lb difference instead of a 5 lb difference. I'm wondering if anyone here has or could weigh their 18XL, and post the weight they measured in this thread. 
    • @Rawnei designed some 3D printable  extension ones for the Lynx toe hooks if I recall.
    • Thinking back, the early Airwheels had some really robust solutions for beginners. Even the 1 wheel ones came with attachable under-pedal stabiliser wheels that allowed riders to be stationary and get their early moves right without needing stuff to hang on to, although they provided that as well in the form of a grab strap ! After the first day the stabilisers became something of a liability, but did rest slightly off the ground, so some limited movement was possible. But I think they are the only company I saw that ever had beginners so much in mind until I saw the E20... So even though it is difficult for 'proper' riders to take these wheels seriously, they do represent a nice easy way into the hobby, and invariably lead to the purchase of proper wheels later once the shortcomings of the starter jobbies becomes clear - at least they still can impart enough of a fun time to prompt people to go on to better things...
    • I only spend about a few minutes on an E20. Although there are two wheels side-by-side, the E20 is made such that the euc is not that stable, but stable enough. The rider still has to balance the wheel side-to-side. I think that is why it is still a relevant learning tool for someone who wants to ride an euc. For a complete beginner, all this rider will be doing is going straight. But the rider can go very slowly if that is the preference. I think after the rider has reach a certain point, it would probably be better to transition over to a single-wheel euc to continue the learning process.
    • The one group ride I ever did locally was with a couple who had matching 2-wheel Q Series Airwheels. The width of 2 tyres goes a long long way to removing a big element of skill from riding these things but I think I would still call them unicycles. Contrary to what it looks like, those wheels turned quite nicely, albeit in a rather track-y sort of way, but it was very easy to master and get used to, and of course because anyone could just get on it and go that made parents of curious children a lot happier about letting them try. It was a good job they didn't go over 11 kph, because the very second one wheel encounters something the other doesn't (like a large stone, a dip or difference in camber etc) rider got pretty much shit-mixed every time !  As I recall those double wheels HATED any sort of terrain that wasn't level asphalt !  
    • Today I received my first EUC, the InMotion V14 50s and I wanted to give some first impressions both for the wheel itself and my first EUC experiance. A little about me, I am 6'3 287lbs and have never ridden an EUC. This was literally my first go ever. My biggest fears have been am I too heavy to ride and, if so, will I be able to go even moderatly fast. The V14 pads arrived first, and today the wheel itself arrived. Still in the box, this thing is HEAVY, 90lbs of wheel. 90lbs doesnt sound that bad until its between your legs. Secondly, the quality of this thing was very apparent. The only thing that feels cheap is the trolly handle, but it does the job. There was no instructions to speak of other than a pamphlet telling me to charge it and download the app, so I had to figure out how to mount the kickstand on my own. *Important note*: DO NOT TURN IT ON INSIDE! I already scratched my floors when the thing started spinning. Ah well. You learn. After this I had a heck of a time trying to get the pads just right. This was WAY more difficult than I expected. Once the pads were on it was time to try it, so I went out behind my apartment and tried to see if i could at least stand on it. Again, way more difficult than I thought, but Im working on it. Suns gone down so I guess Ill try tomorrow. Overall the wheel is what Id hoped for. If feels quality, it absolutely can hold me with ease, and does not feel too small at all. I can tell its got loads of torque, and im a little intimidated tbh. Excited, but intimidated. For a big guy I feel very happy about going with the V14. I would appreciate any tips on hiw to get comfortable with riding, and am happy to send more photos or answer any questions as I know its a new model.
  • Recent Topics (euc only)

• Recent Off-Topic Topics

• Featured Topics