Leaperkim Lynx 2700wh: 151V, 20" tire, suspension, 89lb

RagingGrandpa

33 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

151.2V 2700Wh makes sense, it's 36s4p, so that part works out.

What exactly does 18'' mean here? 12 inch rim (like Patton, which is often called "18 inch") or 14 (like Sherman-S, with the traditional "18/20 inch" tires)?

Any other information?

image.png

• Like 1

Oh so it's 20 inch. Cool. And understandable - the most popular tire size (at least among enthusiasts) but they have no "normal" battery size, just the expensive Sherman-S which not everyone may want.

I hope they offer a 4000Wh 6p version, too. Would be a nice Sherman-S successor with a much higher voltage.

• Like 2

No, rush.

No CGI even yet.

Any new wheel leaked or announced now won't be available until 2024.

In fact, I think Inmotion made another mistake. They announced their wheels too late in the year, or too early for the following season. Inmotion's competitors always seemed to be able to push out wheels that are more appealing by the time the wheels are available for purchase.

The key is for new wheels to be available when most riders are wanting to buy a wheel, and also, is a wheel the market is interested in buying. And right now through winter, unless you are in Australia, it isn't peak season. The problem is that after see Inmotion's offering, the competitor can make some changes if required to better compete before announcing theirs.

151.2 V, 4P, 20" wheel from Leaper Kim is looking good on paper, and must be catching some people's attention.

Begode don't need to rush. They need to get it right. It doesn't look like Begode is caught with their pants down since Chance said that Begode has been working on a system that is higher than 150V, so on paper, it looks competitive.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2

As much as it's funny to meme on begode that they now scrambling to put out 3 new models in response it's kind of scary that they probably are.. With higher voltage I'm quite expecting either the new LK wheel or the BG response wheels to start pushing 100km/h riding speeds. And i'm not sure i trust BG to deliver that in safe manner lol.. 

• Like 1

No worries. As before, plenty of people will share their highest top speed runs on YouTube, and whether they crashed or not.

Over time, we will have an idea which wheel can go how fast.

Crashes over 100 km/h have already been shared. So it is survivable. 

Moreover, there will be someone who will mod the wheels to go even faster.

Since, motorcycle tires can be use on these electric wheels, at least we know the tires can easily handle 100+ km/h speeds. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, techyiam said:

And right now through winter, unless you are in Australia, it isn't peak season.

It gets so damn hot down there in summer they probably prefer to ride in winter so they don't have to worry about their wheels self emulating in 45°C temperatures.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, DavidB said:

It gets so damn hot down there in summer they probably prefer to ride in winter so they don't have to worry about their wheels self emulating in 45°C temperatures.

@Forwardnbak, is this true?  :)

In any case, I'm pretty sure in Canada and US, peak season isn't around Christmas. I suspect ditto for France and Poland. 

Edited by techyiam

7 hours ago, DavidB said:

this is true the summer is getting ridiculous. Velcro glue is melting off everything.

There was a road we all rode our bikes on and last year the road started melting.

"Another case is the recent roadworks on the western approach to Mt Glorious, South East Queensland. Less than a month after the roadworks were finished and the road returned to 80km/h, hot weather caused the road to literally melt. This left the new roadworks treacherously slippery for motorcycle riders."

• Like 2

20 hours ago, techyiam said:

In any case, I'm pretty sure in Canada and US, peak season isn't around Christmas. I suspect ditto for France and Poland. 

The record in Adelaide is 47.7 and Perth just a bit less. I think last year a small town north of Perth hit almost 51. It is not always hot but when it is it can last for days, sometimes almost a week.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-15/wa-onslow-50-degrees-dangerous-temperature-australians-get-used/100757256

Edited by DavidB
addition

20 hours ago, Rawnei said:

What I hear on telegram is that several riders globally are already getting their test version air shipped right now, Marty is one of them, and that launch should be Q1 2024, so we will probably get more solid information and confirmation soon.

Just my luck that I am leaving the country for Taiwan at the end of this week and will miss all the initial excitement!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Hsiang said:

Just my luck that I am leaving the country for Taiwan at the end of this week and will miss all the initial excitement!!

Looking forward to hearing Marty's thoughts on this wheel. I suspect he may give Dawn and Roger a ride.

7 hours ago, xiiijojjo said:

2024 is shaping up to potentially be a very interesting year for euc. 

Hopefully it will be year for a great leap in safety and quality. 

Indeed. Every year is an exciting year for euc. It started as a low-quality toy, and now we have an actual vehicle that can compete with cars and motorcycles as a transportation device. It is crucial to fine-tune this tech by making it faster and more powerful, which requires more investment in safety features. That eventually will be applied to the smaller wheels as well. 

• Like 1

On 10/22/2023 at 10:45 AM, techyiam said:

i'm in tampa and it finally is getting cool enough to ride. my riding season in florida is october til may. u can ride in the summer but u have to peel wet protective gear off at the end of ur ride. this is swamp heat down here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It looks like it has significant suspension travel and looks robust. Would be interesting to overlay Sherman S profile image and compare some traits. I imagine the charger will have a boost converter in it for that voltage

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to Leaperkim Lynx 2700wh: 151V, 20" tire, suspension, 89lb