Leaperkim Lynx 2700wh: 151V, 20" tire, suspension, 89lb

RagingGrandpa

On 10/27/2023 at 6:09 PM, Frolic0415 said:

I can't check mine right now, but NingNing goes up to 150v no?

Nope.  The smaller charger, 4830, only goes to 135v.

The larger charger, 4850, does go to 150v according to it's specs.  The new wheel is supposed to be 151.2v so they would not be able to charge to 100%.

Edit on 11/2/23.  My 4850N6 charger does not go to 150v.  This spec was changed on newer versions of this charger.  It only goes to 140v.  There will be modifications on this going forward but for me and others that purchased it already it looks like we will have to purchase the new one when it's released. 

image.thumb.png.41c4dcc65569dd58c5be15990d159c16.pngimage.thumb.png.8360c25ab7c00535c50e5129274ca3bf.png

Edited by Paradox
Updated spec.
  • Like 1

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to Rumored Leaperkim Lynx 2700wh: 151V, 20" tire, suspension
4 hours ago, Paradox said:

Nope.  The smaller charger, 4830, only goes to 135v.

The larger charger, 4850, does go to 150v according to it's specs.  The new wheel is supposed to be 151.2v so they would not be able to charge to 100%.image.thumb.png.41c4dcc65569dd58c5be15990d159c16.pngimage.thumb.png.8360c25ab7c00535c50e5129274ca3bf.png

Yeah exactly, the 4850 is what the majority use (and what I have) and charging 1v beneath 100% is still more than enough and healthy for the cells. You shouldn't be charging to 100% with fast chargers anyways, I always charge to 90something % and then do the last bit of charging and balancing with the stock charger.

So in other words, the NingNing does charge it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

but we don't charge quite that fast anyway... cells would get hot. More typically: charging at 900W.

We typically charge around 1600w on my rides around here. 900w maybe at home, but when we're out doing long rides we charge at the maximum amperage the bms allows or even bypassing their bms to charge even faster. 

I've had guys plug in a 134v wheel at 10a and blow the outlet. The higher the voltage, the more often this happens. Even a year ago when 84/100v wheels were more popular, we would rarely blow an outlet. That's just how our rides operate here lol

• Like 1

It is interesting that Leaper Kim has decided to release a new 20" wheel based on the Patton's chassis instead of the Sherman S.

Styling-wise, either one is fine with me. But styling is a subjective matter.

However, I would think it would require less work to bring down the battery capacity of the Sherman S to 2700 Wh, and swap in a 151 V motor controller, than to bring up the battery capacity from 2220 Wh to 2700 Wh, swap in a 151 V controller, and modify the chassis to fit a 20" wheel on the Patton.

In any case, we now have an opportunity to compare the ride characteristics of two Veteran 20" wheels based on their two latest chassis designs, albeit with different number of cells.

Due to personal preference and use-case, my battery capacity of choice is around 2700 Wh to 3000 Wh. I generally find the 3600 Wh wheels more cumbersome to manoeuvre due to the additional weight and bulk for the same wheel design. Additionally, 99% of the time I find that I don't need more than 2700 Wh of range, as my Abrams has attested.

I would expect Begode to put an iron in the fire in this euc class. Rumours has it that Begode has an over 150 V system in development. It is going to be another round of excitement waiting for future wheels to unfold. 

It's a great time to be riding euc's since the choices of diverse quality wheels is plentiful. I thought 2023 was a good year for euc's, and it is looking like 2024 will even be better.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

... a bit more ad-hoc compared to Patton and Sherman-S. I wonder if that's just the grey color of the shell, or if they maybe took a bit of inspiration from Begode's rapid iteration methodology and went faster in designing this wheel.

Veteran wheels has always been more or less unitarian looking. If this color scheme is used for production, and not a prototype thing, then Leaper Kim is testing the water with colors, which can always be a gamble.

The only thing that is new on the Veteran Lynx is mainly the 151 V system. And there is no indications that it was a rush job.

And both Sherman S and Patton early batch hiccups were few and well managed. Their owners had a very much different experience than the owners of the S22 and Master/T4, etc.

10 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

The CC stage will complete in 2 hours, but it'll need almost another full hour for CV, if you want to reach 100% SOC.

Oh if you're going to full saturation then yes. But who uses a high current to full SoC? Most will be using it for mobile use and stopping at end of CC phase. For home, most would use the stock charger overnight I would wager.

• Like 3

Sweet Lord. 125kph and 2cm wide charge ports! Not that I need either, but it's great to see the tech improving and nobody going "well X is enough".

56 minutes ago, techyiam said:

And there is no indications that it was a rush job.

I wasn't worried about that. I just felt like maybe they developed this faster than their previous two wheels (well with the black official picture now I see no difference any longer.). No judgement intended.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Frolic0415 said:

You shouldn't be charging to 100% with fast chargers anyways, I always charge to 90something % and then do the last bit of charging and balancing with the stock charger.

It shouldn't make any difference whether you use a fast or slow charger. Both should drop the amps right down when the CV phase is hit, and both should balance the same.  

• Upvote 2

1. I wonder if there is significance to "LeaperKim Lynx" instead of "Veteran Lynx". Did they drop the Veteran brand? Is it only used for wheels named after tanks? Is this just a coincidence?
  2. Also, I don't like the price. Almost as much as the Sherman-S. Sure, you pay for the speed this baby (hopefully) has, but >4000 is just high in absolute terms for a 2700Wh wheel.
  3. Finally, I totally forgot that we have about 3 days before Begode announce a higher voltage (or at least same voltage) new model. This is another benefit of this wheel!
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:
  1. Finally, I totally forgot that we have about 3 days before Begode announce a higher voltage (or at least same voltage) new model. This is another benefit of this wheel!

Well, on Facebook, Next Gen Mobility has posted that Extreme Bull is about to launch the Commander GT Pro. The only spec provided is 3000 Wh battery capacity.

Based, on the 3000 Wh battery spec and early rumour of Begode working on 168 V, I suspect that the Commander GT Pro is a 168 V, 4P wheel.

(1) Commander GT Pro:

40 cells * 4.2 V = 168 V

40 cells * 3.6 V (nominal voltage) * 5 Ah * 4P = 2880 Wh

(2 ) Veteran Lynx:

36 cells * 4.2 V = 151.2 V

36 cells * 3.6 V (nominal voltage) * 5 Ah * 4P = 2592 Wh

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Spec sheet says 125kmh free spin. 🤔

Yeah frankly that sounds a lot more believable, with 3.2kW rated motor power. Close to 100 km/h real life speed, still insane. I hardly ever go faster than 30 km/h max.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, mhpr262 said:

Yeah frankly that sounds a lot more believable, with 3.2kW rated motor power. Close to 100 km/h real life speed, still insane. I hardly ever go faster than 30 km/h max.

That was my top speed for several months, now 60km/h is beeping at me on my V12 HS (safety first). Would love that spare speed when needed :wub:

Wheel looks nice so far. I am not looking to upgrade from Patton, I am pretty happy with it. 

I get fomo from not having smart BMS more than I do for the top speed/head room. I haven't even needed the HS mode on my Patton yet. 

I wonder how battery hungry this wheel is going to be. Would be interested to see how long that 2700 pack lasts. 

I get pretty great range from my Patton.. But i am not typically pushing things all to often.

I’m really glad to see LeaperKim improving their wheels, the smart BMS is a really nice addition 👍+ hall sensor fail proofing 🥰

I’m a bit in doubt about 125km/h speed 🤔 Looks more like this is like the extra speed mode on Sherman S, not something you’d wanna use al the time.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, fbhb said:

Comparison photo with Sherman S by Telegram member 萬千武器在一身 :

image.thumb.png.1dfcf884a9ba6900b9f1534153e07d17.png

It looks like they use the same motor. For S they declare a 3500W motor while for L they say it has only 3200W 🤔🤔🤔  Are they saying the truth ???

Ah bugger, was hoping for a Sherman S Max!  Speed is nice but I always loved the OG Sherman for it's range capability.  I loved that the OG Sherman kicked my range anxiety to the curb and was hoping to upgrade to the Sherman S but was waiting (and hoping) for a higher voltage version which retained the range capability.  Wonder what else Leaperkim has in store.  

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to Leaperkim Lynx 2700wh: 151V, 20" tire, suspension, 89lb