Leaperkim Lynx 2700wh: 151V, 20" tire, suspension, 89lb

RagingGrandpa

On 10/30/2023 at 4:09 PM, Rawnei said:

Hey Jason, not directly related to the Lynx, but could you possibly nudge LK into implementing PWM Tiltback on the Sherman S as well? It works so well on the Patton. 😅

Please on any wheel! To be able to set your own spare safety power is a dream come true 🤩🥳🥰

Edited by Paul g
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, fbhb said:

the highly reliable and unbiased EcoDrift teardowns to uncover potential weak points,

I can attest to this.

Eco Drift Life tore down a brand new just unboxed S22, and demonstrated how badly the sliders were on their batch 1 unit.

Low and behold, my much later batch production unit was exactly the same out of the box. They left nothing out. Impressive!

Moreover, for those who have strong technical background, they can most likely get even more out of their teardown videos.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Cyberwolf said:

No estoy seguro si se ha mencionado todavía, pero parece que actualizaron el faro original con un capó nuevo para ayudar a limitar el derrame...

Esperemos que sea mejor que el actual de la Sherman S...

Este me decepcionó!!

4 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

LK is testing tubeless stems

That valve stem pictured looks nicer, and easier to use than the one Leaper Kim put in the Abrams. The one used on the Abrams became reliable after I put a little work in it. 

Very happy to see Leaper Kim is improving on quality even on a part as basic as a tubeless valve stem.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

This morning's update: LK is testing tubeless stems on the street CST C6501 & K262. The main concern is that it rides/feels the same & that the tire wall is stiff enough to support tubeless, tubeless tires are typically 6ply vs 2-4ply for tubed tires. 

Lynx-Street-Tubeless-4-225x300.jpg

Lynx-Street-Tubeless-225x300.jpg

Lynx-Street-Tubeless-2-225x300.jpg

Lynx-Street-Tubeless-3-225x300.jpg

Having this tire on my EX30, I would not trust it to hold tubeless. Its just way flimsier than the true tubeless motorcycle tires like the popular michelin tires. Unless leaperkim did something special with that rim, but I still wouldnt trust that tire on a rim meant for tubeless. Love the tire otherwise though

1 hour ago, Cobaltsaber said:

Having this tire on my EX30, I would not trust it to hold tubeless. Its just way flimsier than the true tubeless motorcycle tires like the popular michelin tires. Unless leaperkim did something special with that rim, but I still wouldnt trust that tire on a rim meant for tubeless. Love the tire otherwise though

If the CST is a "tube type" fitment and not a genuine "tubeless", as you state in your post, I ONLY forsee issues with Leaperkim mounting it on the tubeless rim (however they go about it). The construction of the tyre is critical to a reliable seal and more importantly, the tyre actually staying on the rim!

The OG Sherman already went through a period, early on, of tyres coming off the rim in some cases, so a repeat of that would best be avoided at all costs! However, that can ONLY be guaranteed by using genuine "tubeless" tyres from reputable brands such as: Michelin, Continental, Metzler etc. etc.

With All the EUC manufacturers unfortunately still skimping out on cheap Chinese tyres, it will need a complete change in their mindset for proper/reputable tubeless brands to be adopted going forward.

Edited by fbhb
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

This morning's update: LK is testing tubeless stems on the street CST C6501 & K262. The main concern is that it rides/feels the same & that the tire wall is stiff enough to support tubeless, tubeless tires are typically 6ply vs 2-4ply for tubed tires. 

Lynx-Street-Tubeless-4-225x300.jpg

Lynx-Street-Tubeless-225x300.jpg

Lynx-Street-Tubeless-2-225x300.jpg

Lynx-Street-Tubeless-3-225x300.jpg

is that an 80/90 14 mc tire?

15 minutes ago, Cobaltsaber said:

It is the cst6501 80/90-14 tube scooter tire. Meant for mopeds and scooters. The sidewalls definitely arent stiff enough for a tubeless application

so the michelin should fit np. and i know it's stiff and tubeless. great tire.

nice and smooth in the center where i do 90% of my riding.

0692BCC5-E0CC-43B4-87FA-B28E7F1E6320.thumb.jpeg.87fd917222ad47d6b9ddfd0dbc885fc3.jpeg

Edited by novazeus

evvheeler making the Begode boys eyes water with the Lynx hype clip.  These god vehicles will soon climb vertical walls with an expensive wall sucking add-on

Edited by Demian B
didn't want an additional comment vs an edit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Demian B said:

evvheeler making the Begode boys eyes water with the Lynx hype clip.  These god vehicles will soon climb vertical walls with an expensive wall sucking add-on

That was part of the latest firmware update.