Leaperkim Lynx 2700wh: 151V, 20" tire, suspension, 89lb

RagingGrandpa

15 hours ago, Frolic0415 said:

Lynx can run without hall sensor without cutting out 😮

Just like the Abrams above a specific low speed.

For the Lynx, it then cutout once the speed goes below roughly 5 km/h.

Edited by techyiam

Man, I love the look and build quality of that machine :) And it looks much more stable and planted than my Master is. If they only wouldn't keep using those shitty little 1980's calculator viewscreens ! Even so, savings have commenced...

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Man, I love the look and build quality of that machine :) 

On paper, the Lynx looks appealing to me too.

Watching Jack's review video, it looked peppy too when accelerating at speeds of 40+ km/h towards 80+ km/h, seated.

The Patton already is a good wheel. I am hoping that the Lynx is even better, especially for my use case

After my limited experience on my S22, 20" suspension wheel looks to be quite ideal for my commuting needs.

So far Jack hasn't observed any braking wobbles yet. That is important to me.

One nicety of Veteran Patton or Veteran Lynx (hopefully) is that I don't have to mess with the wheel to make it good after unboxing. This is what a brand new wheels should be like in the first place.

The S22 rides well. But it is high maintenance. And I can use better acceleration and braking. Actually, I don't know how, but my S22 acceleration and braking are not bad now. Just that I wouldn't mind more in my next wheel.

Here's hoping the Lynx will turn out well.

• Like 3

@techyiam most s22 owners I know have added an extension to the battery cases so they can move the braking pads back to help with stopping power. 
going back to non suspension wheels is difficult after you’ve made the transition. It’s so much safer. I think you’d love either a lynx or patton. They both look like fantastic urban cruisers, enough zip and still super nimble. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hellkitten said:

most s22 owners I know have added an extension to the battery cases so they can move the braking pads back to help with stopping power.

Thanks.

Whenever I get a new wheel, I usually try to adapt to the stock pads and see where that goes. So far, I am happy with the stock pads. I changed my braking technique and it appears to be helping a lot. Braking feels stronger than on the V12 and my Abrams now. And it is easy to use. It is just that it works differently than what I was used to. But I am fine now.

If I were to buy a new wheel, I was saying that I don't mind more braking power, since this could give me more options when the time comes to avoid an accident. As I find ways to improve the S22, or ride it in a better way, I am liking the S22. It gives me a new perspective on how good wheels have become for urban commuting.

going back to non suspension wheels is difficult after you’ve made the transition. It’s so much safer.

This is so true for around here. Local roads are just too bumpy. Since I am used to riding motorcycles, it was always a big negative riding euc's because of this. But now, this big negative has mostly removed with the S22. I can ride much more freely, not having to mind the bumps so attentively. It is a game changer.

However, on a smooth, open road, I still prefer my Abrams. Unfortunately, most of the roads that I ride on are not of this type.

I think you’d love either a lynx or patton. They both look like fantastic urban cruisers, enough zip and still super nimble. 

+1.

The S22 could have been a great wheel. Unfortunately, it was released before all the design flaws were corrected, and thus prevented Kingsong from being able to release a polished, and finished product.

And it does sound like the Lynx is going to be better than the S22 for my use case, and would be a polished and complete product.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Cerbera said:

If they only wouldn't keep using those shitty little 1980's calculator viewscreens !

To be fair motorcycles use these types of LCD and are very common even up to 2019 and is probably still used in some models. Although the latest tech is colour TFT LCD which would be nice but then the cost of the wheel would be even higher.

4 hours ago, techyiam said:

The S22 could have been a great wheel. Unfortunately, it was released before all the design flaws were corrected, and thus prevented Kingsong from being able to release a polished, and finished product.

To be fair it was released during the whole supply chain fiasco more than two years ago. Maybe KS will release a Pro Pro model of sorts 😂 

I do hope the lighter wheel tech trickles down, that’s definitely a wow!

16 hours ago, zaft said:

To be fair it was released during the whole supply chain fiasco more than two years ago. Maybe KS will release a Pro Pro model of sorts 😂 

I hope Kingsong will turn the page with the new F-series wheel whenever it comes out.

The unsealed sliders are still unsealed, pandemic or not.

Without sealed sliders, you would think Kingsong would put in a fender with deep side skirts.

Yeah, renaming hasn't really helped KIngsong. But how well the S22 rides has.

Leaper Kim does seem to continue to leading the drive as to whether them market trend is heading.

The Lynx appears to be building up strong interest in the euc community.

I don't know how Leaper Kim manages to continue to lead the market trend for a second year.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

It appears the Lynx is based on the best design elements from both the Patton and the Sherman S, plus enhancements. I think Leaper Kim improved serviceablity.

The battery packs appears to be based on the Sherman S design.

Time-stamped.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

It appears the Lynx is based on the best design elements from both the Patton and the Sherman S, plus enhancements. I think Leaper Kim improved serviceablity.

The battery packs appears to be based on the Sherman S design.

Time-stamped.

Not Marty's best wrenching...he didn't seem to fully grasp the proper sequence of assembling the wheel and even after putting it together, he was still under the impression that a lot more needs to be disassembled to do a tire change than is actually necessary.  Lynx is like the Patton, but improved.  

Granted, Lynx isn't a quick tire change, but it also isn't an intimidating process either.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

Lynx: The fastest tire change i've seen so far... Saw the process twice :)

Is it IRL faster than the V13 tire change? Because it is about a 3-5 minute job (minus actual removal/remounting the tire on the rim) for the V13.

If it IS faster, then super kudos to Leaperkim!

the lynx needs this 80/90 14" tire the michelin pilot street 2.

9A8E5BA2-8007-47D8-AF02-5E96A37516DF.thumb.jpeg.82bda8492fdadb8c0eea583aad766e5a.jpeg

according to jack's measurements, these tires they are contemplating won't fit. like that woman in the commercial. i don't want a blocky street tire on a frigging racing euc! knobbies in florida are just stupid. we don't have snow or mountain trails. the chinese should come visit mickey sometime and figure this out. plus quit centering the frigging pedals. our legs aren't in the center of our feet! but our legs need to be in the center of the wheel. look at my videos and u can see about two inches of the rear pedal that never gets touched. should take my sawzall and eliminate the extra weight. what is it good for? hey, here's an idea, put it up front so i can get more leverage with my toes. my shoe hangs over 3 inches. ridiculous, and the lynx is not different. 

btw utube reviewers, for those of us that will only see a wheel up close is after it's delivered to them, please, this is what i want to see. more wheel, no talk. just close ups of the wheel, the wheel in action. i'm not looking for entertainment.

0D68FE8D-156E-4BB1-AC2E-414304C9ADE4.thumb.jpeg.d84a50bc800ca972d9caed3b2c426d74.jpeg

607B91A6-3A30-4AC0-86D1-D27782540B17.thumb.jpeg.b273ece0caa3164b2f10285a81d73eec.jpeg

On 11/12/2023 at 9:59 AM, Ronin Ryder said:

Lynx: The fastest tire change i've seen so far... Saw the process twice :)

Are these the steps:

1 - remove top cover

2 -disconnect battery cables on 1 side

3- remove screws securing the top handles/bumpers to the battery case that is coming off and rotate them out of the way

4 - remove the screw connecting the kickstand to the kickstand grab bar

5 - remove battery case from one side keeping the lower bumper/toe clip and kickstand side piece in place on the batttery case

6 - remove the suspension 

Anyrhing else? Are there any significant differences to changing a tire on the Patton? Does the top of the trolley handle still need to come off?  What about the tail light?  

Any chance you got one of those tire changes on video?

Thanks for all your contributions!

Edited by Rollin-on-1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

Ronin was able to reach a top speed of 48-ish mph in the cut-out tunnel in NYC at 81-ish% PWM.

No beeps though? According to Linnea there is a static PWM alarm at 75% PWM.

• Like 1