Leaperkim Lynx 2700wh: 151V, 20" tire, suspension, 89lb

RagingGrandpa

4 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

They just started mass producing them a while back it's why the prices are more reasonable.

i took some pictures of my tires yet to be installed. if the lynx continues to look good, this is the tire i'll be installing on it. in fact, installing it on the s22 first, to make sure i'll like a 20" tire coming off the v13 22".

FA4D5F6F-87A0-477D-90BC-A56E6F3534F3.jpeg.f64e6fc34486e9a56cabe6bc78cc5999.jpeg

955EDEEB-9CFB-472E-9079-A05000EA5792.jpeg.438e242bfb401a922ce4dccfaea74755.jpeg

the lynx replacement tire, and s22 and hopefully s18

CE287838-C0AA-4774-8CB9-D7C92883AE5E.jpeg.d6ab78802fd2b61567c388e48de295cd.jpeg

present v13 tire and i'll do one more.

1C693BDD-E3A9-4C19-9A99-D924031FA33B.jpeg.1adc8c3aa7ce678d96a290ae249b04c0.jpeg

stock knobby

1150A9E8-4B13-4667-99C9-16301EB01A55.jpeg.17b7c6e0d525ba29d47d6bf9544321f8.jpeg

tire i last heard leaperkim wants to use. 320 pounds max loading. 

EF1D87C8-8262-4F89-827E-9D38D602E2A7.jpeg

72AAACC7-C442-461C-9031-35D096F8D786.jpeg

C4024949-AB4E-4A6D-93FF-07ED7BD6125B.jpeg

293AC041-D8E4-4DDE-BB5F-10BB661002D1.jpeg

C39E7E6C-C11A-48A7-A16F-B8A61810B8C8.jpeg

E063C6CE-F130-4467-A012-F9460B57D6C5.jpeg

03982D55-0ACB-43FB-8D90-222D4FD7FD70.jpeg

9737BF36-A30E-439D-BD61-3623E77F34D4.jpeg

fyi. thailand isn't that far from china. this is the higher rated michelin. amercan fatties won't be able to ride the lynx. not if ur over 231 riding weight. i'm pushing 200 riding weight or more in winter and naked only 185 last time i checked. those layers and protective gear are heavy. 20 pounds or more, esp counting boots. my dog scale doesn't go high enough to suit up on a wheel, but me and the v13 must be around 330 pounds. but tire is rated for 397 at 45 psi cold so lots of margin. at 320, and i bet the lynx will be more than 89 pounds.

ABA1F591-8AB3-403D-A5A1-011580CCB61F.thumb.jpeg.f402e1fac940b1afb875024dac3ce63c.jpeg

On Facebook, Marty is saying the Lynx is a 60 mph wheel. 

Just when the naysayers were saying 55 mph is too fast already, and that they won't sell.

Out comes the Lynx. And it's not a Begode wheel. 

It appears Leaper Kim is leading the charge in bringing out 60+ mph wheels.

And so far, people appear to really like the Lynx too.

Begode's answer to the Lynx can't be slower. 

I suppose officially, speed-war is a thing.

• Like 1

re: Leaperkim's FASTEST 150V Electric Unicycle // LYNX Comprehensive Review

at video location, 5:11 to 7:23,  the video is claiming that lynx is more power efficient based on the amps required to climb a hill.  if its about one euc using less power than the other euc to climb the same hill,  then mathematically speaking,  the video's claims are incorrect.

sherman S is 100V,  lynx is 150V.   the sherman used 180A to climb the hill,  the lynx used 120A.  fine, thats verified with the video.  but calculating the power used by either wheel,  the power expenditure is the same.

power W = V * A  ,   therefore:

sherman S,   100V x 180A = 18000W  used

lynx,    150V x 120A = 18000 W used

they both expended the same amount of power to climb the hill.  both eucs have the same efficiency but one has more voltage than the other.  how can one claim one machine is more power efficient than the other when the power expended is the same ?  if i am wrong,  please correct my math or understanding of the claims made in this video regarding "power efficient"...

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, cegli said:

I believe those measurements are referring to "phase amps" used by the motor, not "battery amps".

Exactly. And 18kW is a massive exaggeration, because of this mistake.

1 hour ago, bpong said:

sherman used 180A to climb the hill,  the lynx used 120A

That is because they use different motors. Lynx has a higher-torque motor (more flux; higher Kt; lower Kv). So, it needs less current than Sherm-S, to make the same force.

1 hour ago, bpong said:

the video's claims are incorrect

I agree :) 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, stizl said:

It looks like LK included progressive (or dual-rate) springs in the box. If so, that could be a significant upgrade…SS/Patton plush ride but less bottoming out on big hits. 

C969B7AD-04E6-4784-B17F-6BEBFFBC5307.jpeg

Would be nice with some sort of confirmation from LK regarding this, it's a bit weird that they send them loose in the box.

Maybe @Jason McNeil knows more?

8 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

For why Pirelli/Michelin tires cannot be used, there's all sorts of logistical issues of importing a branded tire to China.

Could you suggest them assembling some batches without tires installed? It’s a very personal choice and it’s just wasteful and time consuming to get rid of the wrong tire on new wheels. I get that probably most customers expect the wheel to come fully usable. But most experienced riders choose their own favourite tire model. It’s a win-win situation to sell them a wheel without tire for a bit less.

Same goes for some shocks, pads and pedals also. So many riders just get rid of them as first thing when they get a new wheel and then install their third party versions. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Could you suggest them assembling some batches without tires installed? It’s a very personal choice and it’s just wasteful and time consuming to get rid of the wrong tire on new wheels. I get that probably most customers expect the wheel to come fully usable. But most experienced riders choose their own favourite tire model. It’s a win-win situation to sell them a wheel without tire for a bit less.

Same goes for some shocks, pads and pedals also. So many riders just get rid of them as first thing when they get a new wheel and then install their third party versions. 

While I like this idea since I change my tire and other parts most of the time. This almost gets into custom ordering for a small group of people. 

You may be able to pay a small fee to have your distributer change a tire for you before shipping out. Obviously that costs something and will prob delay things, but I am not sure the manufacturers will accommodate a small group of people at the factory level. Worth a shot tho!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Just for the limited preprods, LK included an extra set of springs to cover different test rider weights/preferences. Replacement springs have been available for nearly a year. It's more efficient to ship alternate weight springs on-demand where required for production Wheels.

First 'production' Lynx's are now underway, 50S pack construction wrapping up tomorrow.

On the tire front: we've sourced the same 6ply Longxin L841 tubeless tire used on the V11Y, there are not many tubeless tires available in that size. For why Pirelli/Michelin tires cannot be used, there's all sorts of logistical issues of importing a branded tire to China. The knobby tire option will be the Kenda 262, with Kenda tubes—the side-walls are not stiff enough to support tubeless configuration.  

Lynx50SBatteryProduction.-RS1.jpg.81a09ff757b9d7785750db990dc656cc.jpg 

What about progressive springs? People we're speculated that the springs included were progressive, any insight there? 🙏

10 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

exactly!

rc helicopter kits, the advanced models like the company i repped for, didn't include main rotor blades or tail rotor blades, because they knew these advanced pilots would choose their own brand they preferred, because like high performance motorcycles, rc helis, and wheels, the thing that contacts whatever that is providing mobility, wheter it be air, pavement, gravel, dirt, etc etc, is a personal choice!

and from a litigious stand point, build "pro" wheel kits, as an alternative at least, is brilliant. only way i would do it, if i choose to be a wheel manufacturer. pretty sure that's why this former rc heli pilot is selling his jetson aero in kit form. i'm gonna buy one God willing, but if it was sold assembled, i would never touch it.

so much better. save tons on shipping less weight hazmat fees. 

duty fees could be way less too. all my stuff i imported i labeled as toy parts, same with my exports. 

and the "pro" consumer gets that confidence knowing his wheel was assembled correctly. 

7 hours ago, Rawnei said:

What about progressive springs? People we're speculated that the springs included were progressive, any insight there? 🙏

I looked around for photos of the SS or Patton springs, but so far found images (such as the first one below) with only part of the spring visible. Does anyone have photos of a whole SS or Patton spring so we can see if they also have tighter coil spacing at one end?  Clearly the new Lynx springs in the (2nd below) screenshot are not constant/linear rate. 

324C7161-46C7-42CD-A43D-E8E0A7346C22.jpeg

760D6BFC-78BC-4BF7-B878-B68A6B4DCD18.jpeg

Edited by stizl

I like the direction e-wheel batteries are going, where each individual pack is a 1p configuration, then the 4 packs are connected in parallel.

Combined with the plastic cell holders the Lynx uses, it creates a very simple, tidy, and ridged battery.

IMG_0729.jpeg

Edited by InfiniteWheelie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

This is pretty standard for most Wheel, all credit for pack design & construction has to go to Leaperkim, they're doing pretty much everything in-house. 

By e-wheel I just mean EUC.

That said I think the Abrams was the first to do the single wide, tall design like this. Although each pack wasn’t exactly 1p if I remember correctly.

Edited by InfiniteWheelie
  • Like 1

On 11/14/2023 at 3:24 AM, Jason McNeil said:

Going tubeless would be a major win for reducing the frequency of flats/tube issues—on motorcycles/eScooters the reduction in flats is like well over >90%.  

Is that a new survey finding? It isn't so with mtb I know. The misbelief is the ability to run lower pressures but many don't realise that's only if the tire is heavier, so many riders bend their rims. Tubeless can be easier to repair if it's a hole 5mm or less. And you can run sealant - which can work for most holes up to 5mm. That's been my experience on motorcycle as well - still get punctures of course.

Edited by Uras