Leaperkim Lynx 2700wh: 151V, 20" tire, suspension, 89lb

RagingGrandpa

33 minutes ago, techyiam said:

I think it is rather a difficult situation to navigate for @novazeus. The crux of the problem is that he can't test ride wheels first before buying. And therefore, it is a big risk to buy a new wheel not knowing whether it will actually be better than the wheels he already owns. And he owns V13's which are very good riding wheels. Also, he really enjoy riding them.

In my case, when I first bought my V12 and couldn't ride it well yet, I could tell that the V12 was definitely an upgrade to my T3. Ditto from V12 to Abrams, despite the Abrams being even a bigger jump. However, I am not certain whether the S22 is going to be an upgrade overall to my Abrams. On hindsight. I think the Patton or the V13 would have been better bets for my use case, and the way I like to ride. But it would have costed more.

So for my next wheel, I think I will take even more time and use a better strategy to improve my chances of buying a next wheel that will be a real upgrade. Fortunately, there appears to be a good number of new wheels coming out that have the potential to fit the bill.

u know, eevee's is selling v13's for $3299 and except for their $116 insurance thing, i woulda ordered it and a tsg pass pro helmet at $200 too. the pass pro is plenty for me out here. the open face is ok, but the bugs suck so bad.

anyway, idk anything about eevee's. is it safe to order from them without "their" insurance?

also, trying to figure out what batch wheel this latest one is, the inspection stamp in the manual is may 11, 2023. it has cast in spikes and they included a screen protector and deleted the suspension delete kit.

Edited by novazeus

25 minutes ago, Hellkitten said:

For what it’s worth, my friend with a fairly extensive wheel collection just put his S22 up for sale. It’s got new sliders and motor. From what I can tell the S22 is a great wheel for jumping, but he much prefers the Patton for regular urban riding. It’s got more guts and better overall construction. They seem to fit a similar slot as far as size and range. 

yeah, if i had takers for my s18 and s22, they'd be gone. great wheels in the history of wheels, but not v13's.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, novazeus said:

u know, eevee's is selling v13's for $3299 and except for their $116 insurance thing,

I saw that too. That's a good price. Unfortunately, I didn't expect the V13 to go down that low at the time of my S22 purchase. Too late for me now.

I live near Eevees so I just hop over and pick my S22 up. Can't help you there.

However, Eevees is usually quite responsive in asking questions online, I found.

• Upvote 1

the lynx looks absolutely amazing and if i have curiosity money when the reviews are in i'll probably buy one. then two weeks later they'll announce a 22" wheel which is my preference, then i probably buy both and spend three hours a day just riding each one a little. 

i've decided the inmotion v13 is the harley davidson road king of euc's. inmotion should do a partnership.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cyberwolf said:

That said, hopefully the higher price is based on real-value and QA/QM, more than just "premium" marketing. 

Probably, a little bit of both. However, I am expecting Leaper Kim to take the Lynx a bit more "upscale". It should be more premium than their past wheels.

3 hours ago, Cyberwolf said:

Waterproofing would be a big deal...

Hard to say without watching a teardown.

Based on my experience, the most problematic water ingress so far for me has been rusting bearings. Every time I ride in near or below freezing temperatures, the roads would be salted, and there goes the bearings. I even only rode when the road was still dry when the roads were lightly salted, and not ride when the roads got wet. Then I resume riding only after heavy rain washed the salt away, as least that was what I thought.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, techyiam said:

However, I am expecting Leaper Kim to take the Lynx a bit more "upscale". It should be more premium than their past wheels...

For the asking price and what I would assume to be desirable brand perception, I completely agree...

The thing is though - what does "upscale" actually mean? (the fact that we both used quotes around the word just shows how inherently nebulous it can be)....

26 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Based on my experience, the most problematic water ingress so far for me has been rusting bearings. Every time I ride in near or below freezing temperatures, the roads would be salted, and there goes the bearings. I even only rode when the road was still dry when the roads were lightly salted, and not ride when the roads got wet. Then I resume riding only after heavy rain washed the salt away, as least that was what I thought.

To me, one thing that would help make it more "upscale" (aside from some basic cosmetics), would be the ability to hit it with a pressure washer on-demand...("dirty-as-shit" does not present as "upscale")  :)

Edited by Cyberwolf
  • Upvote 2

u know, i treat my wheels like i treated my old laptops when i was traveling doing site acquisition. my buddy would just jam his dell anywhere, and mine was in a nice padded briefcase. i needed it to work, my life depended on it, financially. 

fortunately in flat florida, and we don't have stony trails, so the v13 is fine. but i could definitely see the lynx being perfect for mountain trails. there's not even any great off road trails near me. u gotta go north near gaineville where johny go vroom is.

i feel like the minivan mama wanting a big jeep with offroad tires to go get groceries. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cyberwolf said:

To me, one thing that would help make it more "upscale" (aside from some basic cosmetics), would be the ability to hit it with a pressure washer on-demand...("dirty-as-shit" does not present as "upscale")  :)

To me, "upscale" may include better waterproofing, but for the most part, I am expecting a more solid refined premium feel when riding it. Additionally, parts are of higher quality, and more thoughts have been given to servicing. Corners are not cut. Furthermore, there maybe some advanced features added.

The A2 can be hosed down, but I wouldn't put it in the "upscale" class.

Being able to be withstand pressure washing is asking a lot. I don't want to pay for something I don't need.

For me, being able to be hosed it down is enough.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, fbhb said:

Linnea Lin of Leaperkim has put up this YouTube channel for the Lynx, with 15 videos so far showing various set up procedures:

Veteran Linnea - YouTube

Oh no, why isn't OS % Tiltback in there?

Edit: Nevermind it is! It's more sneaky though, it just adds a small % symbol elsewhere.

Edited by Rawnei

On 11/6/2023 at 2:47 AM, novazeus said:

i mean marty was choking over the price of the v13, and i kinda wonder how well the v13 sold at $4k

it doesn't seem to be selling that well in Australia. I only know of two people with them, and one of those had an incredible discount - Au$4500, which is very cheap here. It has dropped in price a lot but still, but still $5300 for the rest of us (down from $6,600). I would buy one at that price (4,500), otherwise I'm not interested. Funny enough I did ride his (the dude who got it cheap) and I really liked it. Suspension felt non existent but I enjoyed the novelty of the big wheel and the high pedals. I also felt the same when I rode the triumph rocket 3 gt (2.5 liters); I was grinning from ear to ear despite my logic.

Edited by Uras
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Uras said:

I also felt the same when I rode the triumph rocket 3 gt (2.5 liters);

Just curious, when you open it up from rest, did you experience your brain wasn't able to keep up with the visual data coming into your eyes, so that your perception was like you were coming out of warp drive in Star Trek?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Uras said:

it doesn't seem to be selling that well in Australia. I only know of two people with them, and one of those had an incredible discount - Au$4500, which is very cheap here. It has dropped in price a lot but still, but still $5300 for the rest of us (down from $6,600). I would buy one at that price (4,500), otherwise I'm not interested. Funny enough I did ride his (the dude who got it cheap) and I really liked it. Suspension felt non existent but I enjoyed the novelty of the big wheel and the high pedals. I also felt the same when I rode the triumph rocket 3 gt (2.5 liters); I was grinning from ear to ear despite my logic.

There's at least 3-4 in Melbourne.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, fbhb said:

Linnea Lin of Leaperkim has put up this YouTube channel for the Lynx, with 15 videos so far showing various set up procedures:

Veteran Linnea - YouTube

Huh I wonder what the riding mode does, it switches between percent values instead of soft medium strong.

33 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Huh I wonder what the riding mode does, it switches between percent values instead of soft medium strong.

My interpretation would be that Leaperkim have simply made the riding mode fully adjustable to allow you to tailor the pedal feel more precisely to your exact preference (similar to InMotion), instead of the more familiar 3 "cast in stone" soft medium strong options!

On 11/6/2023 at 10:53 AM, techyiam said:

The most expensive euc listed on Eevees website right now is the Veteran Lynx for $5899 CAD.

1st batch ETA is end of December. 

Yes... but at least it's the new Samsung 50S cells version ;)

• Like 1

eric with ewheels emailed me back, ya, i rode motorcycles, so euc tire is extremely important to me, i guess i could put a deposit down and when they finally figure it out then decide. i'm not getting stuck with another jiluer pos tire on a wheel. my s18 would be perfect with a michelin street pilot 2 on it if it would fit but i'm not wasting my time on a small, slow wheel changing the stupid stupid stupid tire. kingsong did a bait and switch.

"Actually, we're still finalizing the street tire choice.We're currently testing the tried and true Kenda 340A tire.We still have units available for this first preorder batch. If purchased soon, you'd be receiving the machine in mid January."

this is the tire i want on my lynx. if u want a knobby on ur "trail" lynx, fine, but make one lynx a fast freewheeling road lynx with this tire and don't cheap out. i'll drop ship the tire to the factory so they can put it on. probably last longer than me or the wheel.

71zFp-gEptL._AC_SL1495_.jpg
Michelin Pilot Street 2 Front/Rear Tire (Sold Each) 80/90-14 46S Reinf Tl 63992

26 minutes ago, novazeus said:

if it wasn't jinxed before as a new iteration of wheels, it surely will be now, i just sent jason a deposit. 

if nothing else, it will curtail my spending for a couple of months.

Do you admit that you have become an euc addict? :) 

• Upvote 1