TomOnWheels

Uniwheel out of buisness ?

Hi ! Anyone have any news from Uniwheel ? They stopped answering emails and it looks like there is nothing new around... not even on the forum..

They posted a few times at the beginning of the year and there was a new video released of a guy from either France or Belgium who picked one up and then rode it around inside a large hall of some kind. After that. Nothing. They keep dropping off the radar only to then out the blue make some announcement months/years later. I imagine they are still around, they just have no clue how important community engagement is in helping their wheel take off. @vladmarks has a good relationship with them. Maybe he can elaborate.

It's a shame. I think the Uniwheel actually is a nice looking wheel for the last mile commuter (with a caveat that it needs a trolley handle).

• Upvote 1

Try phoning them before you spread rumours about them closing down.  They're part of a large technology investment fund so it seems unlikely they are 'Out of Business'.

Tel: 020 7642 1397

1 hour ago, WARPed1701D said:

They posted a few times at the beginning of the year and there was a new video released of a guy from either France or Belgium who picked one up and then rode it around inside a large hall of some kind. After that. Nothing. They keep dropping off the radar only to then out the blue make some announcement months/years later. I imagine they are still around, they just have no clue how important community engagement is in helping their wheel take off. @vladmarks has a good relationship with them. Maybe he can elaborate.

It's a shame. I think the Uniwheel actually is a nice looking wheel for the last mile commuter (with a caveat that it needs a trolley handle).

Thanks for information ! Uniwheel is available here in Paris, but I was trying to see if there is a way  to get an extra battery and also where they are with Android app dev... No answer to emails, phone, etc... As you said so sad, because it's a nice wheel and also seems engineered  from scratch, with good technolgy and some inovations... I was about to buy one but I'm afraid they give up and there is no support then...

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Blackwheel Jack said:

Try phoning them before you spread rumours about them closing down.  They're part of a large technology investment fund so it seems unlikely they are 'Out of Business'.

Tel: 020 7642 1397

I've called them but the guy told me to email... I did 3 times but no answer... It was a different number also, let me try this one. Thanks.

On 5/11/2018 at 7:04 PM, TomOnWheels said:

Thanks for information ! Uniwheel is available here in Paris, but I was trying to see if there is a way  to get an extra battery and also where they are with Android app dev...

Why don't you ask your Paris dealer?

• Like 1

On 5/16/2018 at 11:32 PM, Mono said:

Why don't you ask your Paris dealer?

I did... I've ased e-roue if they can get a spear battery as they are selling uniwheel, they told me they gonna call them but no news too... 😮

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, TomOnWheels said:

I did... I've ased e-roue if they can get a spear battery as they are selling uniwheel, they told me they gonna call them but no news too... 😮

BTW, what was the outcome of your test ride?

I am seriously considering to check out the Uniwheel, but if e-roue can't organize a spare battery, I most likely will not buy it. To have at least one extra battery seems to be a must for this wheel.

Edited by Mono
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Mono said:

BTW, what was the outcome of your test ride?

I am seriously considering to check out the Uniwheel, but if e-roue can't organize a spare battery, I most likely will not buy it. To have at least one extra battery seems to be a must for this wheel.

Agree... I don't mind to have low range but in this case I really need a spare battery ! My try was a good experience all in all... Battery is easy to change (I think it takes around 30 seconds if it's not your 1st time) also the it's very comfortable and feel little bit like solowheel to me. It's easy to turn on it too... I got only 5 minutes for testing so, to was a short but good experience...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/18/2018 at 3:37 PM, Jonathan Tolhurst said:

I was walking past the Uniwheel offices just this lunchtime and they still appear to be in the same block although they might of moved units? I have rung the buzzer a few times previously but no-one answered. I've never seen anyone riding a Uniwheel despite working about 200 meters from their office! I wouldn't mind having a chat with the team and see how the wheel handles... I did see someone whizz down Borough High Street on a Kingsong today which was the first wheel I have seen in a while.

IMG_20180518_142048.jpg

Oh non... That sounds quite bad... I was having a lot of hopes in that EU wheel... Just was dreaming about something different from other wheels. Interesting from technical point of view (battery technology, motor, etc...). The last email exchange I got with them was about 5 month ago... They told me that there going to be some breaking news about uniwheel this year... But since then - total silence...