Uniwheel out of buisness ?

TomOnWheels

• 4 weeks later...

I'm new here and have posted a thread about buying my first EUC. Since doing so, I have been doing more Googling and came across Uniwheel, and being a Brit myself, was really interested in them.

If I go to their website, it does show it as being in stock and I can select which colour I want and also shipping options. But I'm scared to take a chance in case either A) nothing arrives and I end up chasing a refund, or B ) I end up with a bike that I can't get any spares or help for should anything go wrong.

Has anybody here had any contact with them at all since this thread was last updated? Cheers

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Mono said:

How do you know it is their website?

That's a good question. And rather interestingly, according to Companies House (a website where you can find details of any British businesses) they had a change of address for their registered offices, to the same address as that of Project42 (an electric vehicles dealer here in the U.K) just done yesterday (2nd July)

So either they have merged, or more likely, Project 42 has taken over any assets from Uniwheel?

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Retrovertigo said:

That's a good question. And rather interestingly, according to Companies House (a website where you can find details of any British businesses) they had a change of address for their registered offices, to the same address as that of Project42 (an electric vehicles dealer here in the U.K) just done yesterday (2nd July)

So either they have merged, or more likely, Project 42 has taken over any assets from Uniwheel?

I don't think that company is out of business... Uniwheel was always part of Project42... For sure they wheel is technically outdated. Maybe they are preparing something new ?

• Like 2

On 7/4/2019 at 10:20 AM, TomOnWheels said:

Uniwheel was always part of Project42

That's news to me! How did you learn this?

Edited by Mono
  • Like 1

On 6/7/2019 at 10:45 PM, gotmotion2016 said:

Today i saw this French shop that sells the Uniwheel.

So for people who are interested the link.

https://www.mobilityurban.fr/roue-electrique-1/roue-electrique-gotway/roue-electrique-uniwheel.html

Schermafbeelding 2019-06-08 om 07.42.37.png

990,00 euro for a 132 wh EUC..................................................... is this satirical?

On 6/8/2019 at 7:45 AM, gotmotion2016 said:

Today i saw this French shop that sells the Uniwheel.

They told me that it is not produced anymore. IIRC, they also told me they don't have it anymore, but all could have been a misunderstanding.

1 hour ago, Rywokast said:

990,00 euro for a 132 wh EUC..................................................... is this satirical?

No. But you can get it for 690 EUR as well:

http://www.eroue.fr/produit/uniwheel-gyroroue

They told me that they do still have it, but that there is no way to get a spare battery

Edited by Mono
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mono said:

They told me that it is not produced anymore. IIRC, they also told me they don't have it anymore, but all could have been a misunderstanding.

No. But you can get it for 690 EUR as well:

http://www.eroue.fr/produit/uniwheel-gyroroue

They told me that they do still have it, but there is no way to get a spare battery

better, tbh i wouldnt pay 100 euro for one.. whats that good for like 5 km before you hit low battery? my ninebot C+ has a 220 Wh battery and i can get maybe 10 km out of it, so what would you do with this?

2 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

better, tbh i wouldnt pay 100 euro for one.. whats that good for like 5 km before you hit low battery? my ninebot C+ has a 220 Wh battery and i can get maybe 10 km out of it, so what would you do with this?

The Uniwheel does have swappable batteries of LiFePO4 type. This battery type has considerably better low-charge-status behavior, so it is not quite comparable to your Ninebot. But I can't speak out of personal experience and I would only buy one if I could buy a spare battery.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mono said:

The Uniwheel does have swappable batteries of LiFePO4 type. This battery type has considerably better low-charge-status behavior, so it is not quite comparable to your Ninebot. But I can't speak out of personal experience and I would only buy one if I could buy a spare battery.

ahh, cool

Edited by Rywokast

On 7/6/2019 at 1:44 AM, Mono said:

That's news to me! How did you learn this?

I think my statement is a little bit exaggerated... but each time I was calling them there was a kind of confusion between both companies... I remember asking people from eWheel to order a spear battery and they told me that each time they are calling the number on uniwheel website, people from project42 was answering etc etc... Just very confusing... But I'm not sure that from legal point of view it is the same company, but they have something in common at least...

• 1 year later...
19 hours ago, TomOnWheels said:

Right ! EUC to scooter is for me like downgrading technology... Anyway it looks nice, but I'm not sure what else you can improve on a scooter then just design...

"Carson Brown has made many things, but can be blamed (most notably) for his part in making the Uniwheel."

This is a sad comment on the fate of the Uniwheel (and a jibe at electric unicycles in general). Switching to a crowded scooter market is going to be a tough sell.

• Like 1