Veteran Lynx Knobby or Street Tire

German EUC

Hello everyone, this is my first post! Nice to meet you all.

I got a question regarding the tire options for the Veteran Lynx. I'm riding an Inmotion V8F for half a year now and in a few months it's time to upgrade. My choice definitely goes to the Lynx. I'm wondering if anyone has some experiences with different tires. I know whether knobby and street, they got their own characteristics.

For the intended use in my case I'd normally go with the street tire as I ride 70-80% on asphalt, as I'll be using it for commuting to my job everyday in the future. Somebody from a well-known EUC shop here in Europe told me that it would be ok to ride on the streets with a knobby tire, too. As I love to ride some mellow trails in the German forests, the knobby tire would definitely be a great choice for me. I saw Marty riding the Lynx with the knobby tire. Chooch is riding with a street tire. They‘re both showing great rides with each of them.

What are your experiences and recommendations?

• Like 2

I not have Lynx, but Patton and what can say, i love knoby tire, esp. its sound :) And in winter time it was used pretty well. Its up to you, if youre plan to ride mostly on street, velostreet, get street, as on pavements knobby feels not v. good

Welcome to the forum. One of the things I like most about euc is the quiet. I would find the knobby hum annoying.

Now for trails,  loves me some knobby tire.

both the street tire and knobby are rated at 267lbs max loading at 33psi. i weigh 170 pounds naked, and lightly geared up for hot weather about 187lbs. my lynx weighs 86 lbs. for my pastures being overloaded is fine, i would not take either tire at my weight, off my ranch to run errands where i might hit an unseen hole or riser, and get a blow out. 

i know i'll change the knobby to another good motorcycle tire soon but i just got this one sunday and burning it in on dirt.

no question in my mind if i'll like any one of these michelin's or pirelli's on it for street, but for now, i'll tolerate the knobby. kinda waiting on great tire change videos and my second lynx.

the street tire offered loading is the same. if ur 150 or less, u sb fine.

1685DC0A-488F-4F6E-AC5E-CECB18921BE8.thumb.jpeg.8e0248a614bf792e833d19118ce5413f.jpeg

the profile is nice at 38psi.

54EB2444-5D2B-401E-862A-9EB8DC57F44A.thumb.jpeg.fc51b51da8ac7cd42f82db2c8188b3d8.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, eucandoit said:

What should be the tire pressure for a rider about 70 kgs? I read people riding around 28 psi but I think it should be at least 32 or more?

The one you prefer, I usually run around 36 PSI.

• Like 1