OC ride ~ Newport Beach to Dana Point loop ~ Saturday 02-08

Freewheeler

I had a blast riding the Corona Del Mar top Dana Point ride last Saturday. I plotted a loop that combines portions of that ride and the Laguna Hills - Dana Point ride.

This route is mostly trails but there are significant portions that are on the roads.

As you can see, it's 50+ RT miles. That, and the hills means that rapid chargers would likely be required for all but Monsters.

Lunch and charging opp will be at Stillwater Spirits.

Meet at 8:30, rolling at 9. Plenty of free parking.

1401 Bayside Dr, Corona Del Mar, CA 92625
https://maps.app.goo.gl/jZpdbugCFB1WRsAt7

This ride is confirmed. Response on Telegram indicates 9+/- riders as of Friday.

This post will be updated periodically but to get the most current info on this or any of my OC rides check out the OC EUC Rides channel on Telegram: https://t.me/OCEUC

image.thumb.png.f7b9930ed73724362a908eab9a653269.png

Edited by Freewheeler
  • Like 2

I'd love to but I don't like to do back-to-back 50 mile rides.

For me, another time. But hopefully you can scout it out for the rest of us. When trails are involve it's particularly useful for one person to ride it first to prove that it's doable (not too many hazards, walking, climbing, etc.)

:cheers:

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I'd love to but I don't like to do back-to-back 50 mile rides.

For me, another time. But hopefully you can scout it out for the rest of us. When trails are involve it's particularly useful for one person to ride it first to prove that it's doable (not too many hazards, walking, climbing, etc.)

:cheers:

It's already been scouted. I've ridden the entire path that's indicated above. It's nice. See you for your Mt. Baldy ride!

• Like 1

This may become Plan B for me. Won't really know until late Friday. There's a weather system coming in with a potential for rain on Sunday. But apparently there are contradictory models, one predicting rain Sunday and one predicting no rain. I'm sure the dispute will be settled late in the week :D

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Dave Frear said:

Where was that second picture taken?

I need to get a bigger wheel <_<

The Z10 is a great wheel, but it's not a group ride wheel :(

16 hours ago, Dave Frear said:

Where was that second picture taken?

I need to get a bigger wheel <_<

Hi Dave. That was Laguna Niguel Regional Park. I'll ride with you, just about anytime. I started on a wheel that needed charging every 6-8 miles. Your Z10 is light years ahead of that.