Jump to content

Nick McCutcheon

Full Members
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

267 Excellent


About Nick McCutcheon

  • Rank
    Advanced Member

Profile Information

  • Location
    Southern California
  • EUC
    MCM5 / MSX 1845wh 100v

Recent Profile Visitors

482 profile views
  1. It seems like someone bought this wheel from ewheels and decided to resell it for some reason. As far as the battery capacity thing, I haven't heard anything about that, but I can check what the label on our newest batteries claims. I believe it's still 650wh.
  2. If you have access to a 3D printer, the 3D model can be found here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3701024 The model was created by @Roo Williams using a 3D scanner, props to him! If you don't have access to a 3D printer, there are a bunch of online services that will print and ship you things for a price. Shapeways used to be what I heard was popular, but maybe times have changed and there are better options now.
  3. I believe the MSX and the Tesla use the exact same headlight, so the only difference would be that the MSX light is a tad higher off the ground (not really a noticable difference).
  4. Double back press works! And swiping away from the recents drawer seems to now kill the app as well, not sure if an update was pushed behind the scenes or if something else was causing it to stay open. I'm on Android 9, if that's important for debugging. I'll just use double back from now on, as that avoids me having to exit PIP mode and then killing it manually.
  5. Same bug here, also @Flyboy10 has been seeing this issue as well. I have to force stop the app to get the notification to disappear, whereas before I would just have to swipe it away in the app switcher.
  6. The actual cells themselves still have an individual voltage of 4.2 volts fully charged. It's mere coincidence that GW has only used them to form 100v packs thus far, but in this case, the dealer has used them to form 84v packs.
  7. I've noticed the voltage drop is less on the MSP than on the 1860wh MSX 100v. I'll be honest, I was skeptical of the MSP's abilities at first, but now I've really come to like it! There is definitely a noticable difference in how willing it is to get up to speed and stop. It still feels around the same though compared to the 1230wh MSX, but that's not really a fair comparison because of the weight difference between those wheels.
  8. I've considered it, but due to the mounting method, the plates may rip themselves off after only a few crashes and I'm not sure I want to sell something that has an inherent design flaw like that. You may want to look into making some DIY powerpads out of some neoprene foam and double sided tape. Pedal length can only help so much, and at a certain point, you'll need something to help you wrench the wheel forward. They're super easy to make, I've added some to an MSPro and they're awesome! If you're interested, I'll post pics/links later when I have the wheel with me.
  9. I've been getting similar results in my MSP tests. And it lowers to 31-32 mph as the battery goes down.
  10. Braking on this wheel feels really nice, I think it's an improvement.
  11. They really are great, I've been riding the MSP around to better understand how it differs from the 100v MSX. I don't even have to turn on my headlamp anymore, it's so nice! I don't think it's a plug and play replacement, but if I ever have to order a new control board I'll ask for an the MSP board and an MSP headlight module. Also, I modded my seat to work with the MSP, and I can't detect any oscillating even at 33+ mph. I'll aim to bring EUCO's MSP to our ride next weekend, and I think it would be interesting to have you try them side by side.
  12. From the MSP I've opened, they do in fact use 160v caps.
  13. You'll need to split the shell to do this mod, which is sort of a pain on some Nikola variants. But not much more of a pain than on any other GW wheel.
  14. Sorry to hear that There could be a problem with your motor. EUCs are relatively simple devices, electrically. At the end of the day, the only 3 key components necessary to turn a pile of plastic and metal into an EUC are - Batteries - Control board - Motor It's possible that a short somewhere in your motor is blowing out control boards. Motors can be a pain to put back together once they're opened but if you're up for it, you could open your motor and see if anything looks weird, especially around the hall sensor area. But yeah, I would look into getting a new control board and motor, since just a new control board alone may just lead you back to where you are now.
  15. I believe in this video they also compared against the MSX 84v, which would produce a much more noticable difference vs. the MSP.
  • Create New...