King Song S18 Discussion

Phong Vu

1 hour ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I wonder how in the world RollNZ is going to fashion a cover for this?

I’m sure Kevin has some thoughts running though his brain. Hopefully the suspension system remains visible.

49771994882_8ea09a79d3_b.jpg

• Like 2

your jedi photo skills are improving.  So this time, my cover will come in time to HIDE the damage rather than prevent it...  I dunno, paratrooper wheel look AFTER a battle, may be the ticket.

2 hours ago, Stillhart said:

do people normally give the MFR's such a hard time about super technical details on the product?

People are obviously extremely interested and enthusiastic about the wheel, but simply referring to past experiences the battery configuration raises red flags. I think that's what drives people to be a bit hot on the subject, as purely from the history perspective, the manufacturer's choice can potentially be a bit of a dangerous one. Uninteresting vs potentially dangerous are received very differently.

The S18 is not a wheel for me, so my blood doesn't get pumping because of it's specs. But since there seemed to be plans to ship the V11 with a tire that's unsuitable for the advertized demographic, I was sharing my concerns pretty vocally as well. Luckily changing the tire is a relatively easy thing to do, both for the manufacturer, or if it comes to that, for me after the purchase. Changing the battery configuration, not so much.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

@The Fat Unicyclist This is the wheel to have a cover including a transparent plastic window.

Im still not convinced that the open area is going to be a problem. I'm also not convinced that a sewn in plastic window, wouldnt be a nightmare. I wonder if the cooling of the wheel requires air flow? I must be the only person who isnt concerned about it.I do know that I'll be watching fro what Kevin comes up with, and for him to tell us his mten cover is ready for cheap.  Hell, I may hose my sks18 down the day i get it and I'll not have to wonder anymore...

15 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I’m sure Kevin has some thoughts running though his brain. Hopefully the suspension system remains visible.

Make the suspension visible but cover the sides with battery packs. :)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Phong Vu said:

I would love to "wash" this one the same way to wash dirt bike.
That should be the priority, not the cover.

EXACTLY! All they have to do is hose it down after a dirty ride, let it dry a bit and ride some more. IF they would show that, MAYBE we wouldnt have to wonder and hear so much cynicism. I'll hose my down, but I'd rather not be the first test pig, not many parts at my house to fix it if it cant take it. It WOULD make a badass lookin paperweight tho.

Totally diggin that tire...  Woohoo,  Kuji  crashed it...   Hmm, pop of pieces is one way to help lessen breakage. I wonder if that was the intent? So IT IS still in prototype... good to know!I like the honesty in the demo. Even when addressing little 'problem' areas, it comforts me to know they are being recognized. CNC aluminum anodized parts ftw! Keep the vids coming, good stuff!

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Afeez Kay said:

It may not be a performance wheel but it  is one hell of a good looking EUC.. 😍

16AD54C3-9E3D-4D63-86E8-1074E60D4D0D.jpeg

F099B892-A16F-4DCD-B05C-A21A0D7D5670.jpeg

06BC0DA8-45D7-4588-8DB8-6D808BE4D2F0.jpeg

Why do you say it’s not a performance wheel? What qualifies as a performance wheel to you? 40 mph?

7 minutes ago, FreeRide said:

We could just delete this thread, and it would just be a bad memory. The important information is already in the other threads.

What’s wrong?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Unventor said:

One last note: is it just me or is the lock/release daily knob fairly exposed? Why they didn't put a cover part over it is beyond me. 

I wondered about how high the suspension was in compare to the rest of the wheel too. It seems to lower itself when unsprung, but by how much is hard to tell. A couple end over end on a concrete hill would tell us.

1 hour ago, Patton250 said:

Why do you say it’s not a performance wheel? What qualifies as a performance wheel to you? 40 mph?

He means, it's not a GotWay which as we all know build wheels with much bigger battery and higher top speed!  King Song and Inmotion (even Ninebot) build wheels with safety foremost, but to say that based on their manufacturing policies this is Not a performance wheel, because of that fact is very short sighted IMHO.

From the specs it offers already and the fact that it is still in final development, for my use case I would still consider it a "Performance Wheel"

• Like 2

Such a sexy sexy wheel. I do wonder if the anodisation on the bronzed suspension framed is an uphill battle though, it looks fantastic but as soon as it experiences rubbing or a few kujirolls over dirt and then it's back to the silver underneath. If only it had twice the battery and came in a 2000w variant for peace of mind at speed.

Edited by Will R
Buts are important
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Will R said:

Such a sexy sexy wheel. I do wonder if the anodisation on the bronzed suspension framed is an uphill battle though, it looks fantastic but as soon as it experiences rubbing or a few kujirolls over dirt and then it's back to the silver underneath. If only it had twice the battery and came in a 2000w variant for peace of mind at speed.

you can put a clear coat on it.. one that dried hard as rock then anything would need to get through that first. yup, only reason i didnt buy it is the battery.. unless its $1000 or less i have no interest in anything with a small battery

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 2