King Song S18 Discussion

Phong Vu

1 hour ago, SamSuffit said:

I only started my EUC journey 1,5 year ago so I don't have the whole history. But has it ever happen that an demo has been cancelled due to forum rumors?

On what do you base this? Or is it just you speculating? Please stop rumors! (it was so tempting....just kidding ;))

Well the KS16X made a few demos but never the full expected tour on the US side. If this was due to people not like the similar Z10 lifestyle or feel or there was an issue with the demo unit I can't say. But it only got a few reviews compared to how many that was signed up for it. 

@AtlasP I think you a fair point in general it isn't perfect with quality, apps, spare parts availability. 

But on the other hand I really agree with @Patton250 after past days event after announcement  of suspension generation of wheels. 

How things can be approached is very different in different countries and cultures. What is natural for some could be the total opposite for others. 

Also I do think that as riders we do not always consider how hard some have worked to sort out things to make a launch deadline. It is in the end trying to communicate so both agree sending a message and receiver get the message as intended. Agree or disagree isn't not what I mean but understanding respect and end goals are to all benefits is key here. Despite some would do something different. 

Same goes for manufacturers that they can just do as they please and expect every one else are happy about it. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Patton250 said:

One thing I have noticed is there are a lot more experts here on this forum then there are in the factories of IM and KS :facepalm:

Even if it is not about IM or KS, but just an example that manufacturers of EUCs should perhaps listen to the tips of non-engineers! :roflmao:

• Like 1

Well, well, well  look who is here... Kingsong's top trickster... The Man himself...

Screenshot-644.png

Kung-fu.jpg

Edited by pico
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Camenbert said:

20 more cells on front is only 1.3 kg,

That might work as a rough estimate of suspension parts weight. And it probably is the reason why battery is 3p and they can only upgrade it to 5p, not 4p.

I keep floating back and forth between waiting for this wheel.. and just ordering a 16x right now.. This video looks awesome, and makes my decision even tougher! I am in NYC.. Pretty much a beginner rider, the one thing that is constantly making me lose confidence in my ride is potholes.. This wheel seems like it will be the best help with that whole thing.. 

I was about to bite the bullet and get a 16x thinking it will be better for urban riding.. But this video just dragged me back into this wheel. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jimjam.nyc said:

I keep floating back and forth between waiting for this wheel.. and just ordering a 16x right now.. This video looks awesome, and makes my decision even tougher! I am in NYC.. Pretty much a beginner rider, the one thing that is constantly making me lose confidence in my ride is potholes.. This wheel seems like it will be the best help with that whole thing.. 

I was about to bite the bullet and get a 16x thinking it will be better for urban riding.. But this video just dragged me back into this wheel. 

Big height difference between the 16 and 18 with suspension. Perhaps that detail could help you choose? Do what most of us with the sickness do... buy both and impatiently wait for a smokin' deal on a third? I would perhaps lean towards a proven design if its your only wheel and you may want it for commute.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

7 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Big height difference between the 16 and 18 with suspension. Perhaps that detail could help you choose? Do what most of us with the sickness do... buy both and impatiently wait for a smokin' deal on a third?

Normally.. I would probably buy both.. heheh.  With everything going on right now i am trying to be somewhat reasonable with what i spend on. I currently have a V8 which i learned on and really do enjoy the thing. I honestly don't see myself getting rid of that anytime soon.  So my thought is get the bigger wheel next! The V8 is just scary to me when i hit some of the bigger bumps. Its tire is just a bit too narrow and always gets me off guard.. Luckily haven't really taken much of a spill yet.. I think i just need to get better really.. :D

Edited by jimjam.nyc
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Unventor said:

In the end you should make a top three list of why you buy a new wheel. Then look at which option covers this best and if you actually would benefit from splitting this into 2 wheels or it can be done with one.

rCw5H.png

• Like 1

Great Kuji Rolls video of the Urban Freeride. Looks like he's been able to dial the suspension in.

@1:00 Suspension looks stiff enough on acceleration. The slight give may create a slingshot feeling.

@1:50 Pedals look like they fold up pretty smoothly. Wonder if they're using friction or magnets to keep them up?

@1:52 The ShakeWeight theory is put to bed.

That stair carry didn't look particularly easy with the supinated grip, but still about the same amount of knee-slamming as any other 22+kg wheel.

These videos are inching me closer and closer to pulling the pre-order trigger :dribble:

Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 2.32.05 PM.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phong Vu said:

Looking at the stair carrying scene make me really think twice about V11....

Well as it has bigger battery you just go around instead of taking stairs. :w00t2:

Joke aside. EUC is not really designed for lifted transport over several stairs. But sometimes it can't be helped. 

Luckily I don't ride places where I need to lift my wherl a lot. Maybe 1 or 3 steps once in a while. But after a while you get used to it. 

57 minutes ago, Unventor said:

But after a while you get used to it. 

Maybe.
I only commute with the V8 so far, usually I just take the nearest stairs. :D 
Never own a heavy duty wheel so I don't know what to expect, maybe it time to find something with similar weight to try it on.

And as it's not hard enough to choose, the 18XL price just drop to $1872 usd...

One thing we can be sure... carrying weight is carrying weight. one of the MANY things we can't be sure of on ANY of the newer wheels are: water resistance, longevity, reliability, power, and many others. Closed design wheels have proven to be both water resistant and not, hopefully both the sks and v11 prove to be up to the test in real world use. We can also somewhat be sure that both wheels are rideable and seem like fun. Suspension wheels have more parts, so I would assume a little more maintenance. I wouldn't be considering any of the suspension wheels yet, IF I didnt have a proven reliable wheel already.  That price on an 18XL makes it an excellent choice too. I'd say it wont take a few months after a wheel is released, to hear ALL about what's wrong with it. I think its exciting to have both options, and would be thrilled to own both the sks18 and v11. I'm still not convinced of how great EITHER of them is, and I wont fall into the trap of assuming one is superior. I'll just be super excited if either of the new suspension wheels out, WORK and continue to do so far a long time.

Edited by ShanesPlanet