The Photo Thread

SlowMo

16 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Ohh no... You are kidding me? 

I have an idea of how it feels.... 20190330_123127.thumb.jpg.9931105c83e9eaeffe520f760dbc65ca.jpg

But I tried to to vault into a shoulder stand. 

I couldn't feel it the first 3 hours, but the I felt pain in my elbow due to torn/over streached muscles. 

2 days later... I had to stay home. But the most important part. I rode my KS18L into E&A and out 8 house later back to "crimescene" at 4.30am to take pictures and then home. 😊🙄

What would have happen in case of a new fall, I dare not to think about it. 

Note: I had lvl 2 d3o jacket undet my mc jacket. 

I hope you have a good recovery back to 100%. Mine took about 8months and I am about 99% now. I sometimes get like a stretch pain if I lay on the sofa in a "wrong" position. 

It just so bad luck, your story it makes me cry, really it does. 

It's not the first time (same shoulder), but the last time was more like what happened to you. This time it was cringing pain from the 1st second...and quite a bit of cobblestones to get to the ER... :wacko:

As you said, bad luck...nothing more. Thanks for your sympathy! :)

4 minutes ago, Unventor said:

BTW did you EUC bodybuard survive and how is your wheel @travsformation

Sorry I had to ask.... 😉

Sinking into the sand at 10 km/h...it still doesn't understand why the hell we didn't keep riding... ;)

But the BG on my 18XL has taken some serious beatings and doesn't have a single scratch or tear on it...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, travsformation said:

Thanks for the advice, Unventor. :)

Speaking of being careful...:whistling:

photo-2020-01-23-20-54-23.jpg

Murphy's Law at its finest: You receive your new wheel during the worst storm the region has seen in the past 20 years. The next day the weather miraculously clears out mid afternoon, the sun comes out, so you excitedly gear up and take the wheel out for the first spin. You do the initial 10 km at 20 km/h, slowly getting used to how different it is to ride than the 18XL, how agile and easy to turn. You've done your research and have set the pressure to 30 PSI, which most people coincide is the sweet spot for preventing tram-lining. You intentionally seek out lines and cracks in the road (at low speed) to see how the wheel reacts and get used to the feeling. You practice broad and tight turns, and even a few evasive manoeuvres, to see how it responds.

It's amazing how nimble it is... How easy it is to turn! What a wheel, I love it!

After 10 km, you unlock it to 50 km/h. You're still cautious and don't exceed 30 km/h while you get a feel for the wheel. Riding past the beach, you notice a magnificent photo opportunity: the waves crashing against the rocks create a fine mist that floats inland, creating an orange haze as it's illuminated from behind by the setting sun. You ride slowly down the boardwalk, so entranced by the scene that you fail to notice you've reached the end up the boardwalk until the very last second. You don't have time to brake so you brace yourself, hoping the sand isn't too soft. It is. As the wheel instantly sinks, your knee-jerk reaction is to abruptly raise your arms in an upward-backwards arch to maintain balance as you're propelled forward . Too abruptly, it would appear....

So instead of a picture of the 16X on the rocks, in front of the crashing waves with the misty sunset in the background, the only snapshot I have to share is the one above... 😓

I'd put 3 km on the 16X after unlocking top speed past 20 km/h. 13 km in total (Good thing I'm not superstitious 😂).

And I don't even have a cool story to share... 😭 I didn't fall while doing an awesome trick in a skate park, didn't nose-dive while doing some crazy-fast, Chooch-style off-roading, I didn't faceplant out of juvenile audacity...I didn't even fall: I landed on my feet and wasn't even going fast enough to have to run it off...it just caught me so off guard that I jerked my shoulder out of place. Doesn't get any lamer than that 😓😂

2 weeks worth of a sling, and then the slow process of rehab...Having a girlfriend who's a physical therapist will definitely help, but damn, I wanna ride my new wheel NOW! :crying:

Damn Murphy and his f***ing law! Or do you reckon this is a new manifestation of the curse of the 16X? 😂

That really sucks!!! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, travsformation said:

Thanks for the advice, Unventor. :)

Speaking of being careful...:whistling:

Murphy's Law at its finest: You receive your new wheel during the worst storm the region has seen in the past 20 years. The next day the weather miraculously clears out mid afternoon, the sun comes out, so you excitedly gear up and take the wheel out for the first spin. You do the initial 10 km at 20 km/h, slowly getting used to how different it is to ride than the 18XL, how agile and easy to turn. You've done your research and have set the pressure to 30 PSI, which most people coincide is the sweet spot for preventing tram-lining. You intentionally seek out lines and cracks in the road (at low speed) to see how the wheel reacts and get used to the feeling. You practice broad and tight turns, and even a few evasive manoeuvres, to see how it responds.

It's amazing how nimble it is... How easy it is to turn! What a wheel, I love it!

After 10 km, you unlock it to 50 km/h. You're still cautious and don't exceed 30 km/h while you get a feel for the wheel. Riding past the beach, you notice a magnificent photo opportunity: the waves crashing against the rocks create a fine mist that floats inland, creating an orange haze as it's illuminated from behind by the setting sun. You ride slowly down the boardwalk, so entranced by the scene that you fail to notice you've reached the end up the boardwalk until the very last second. You don't have time to brake so you brace yourself, hoping the sand isn't too soft. It is. As the wheel instantly sinks, your knee-jerk reaction is to abruptly raise your arms in an upward-backwards arch to maintain balance as you're propelled forward . Too abruptly, it would appear....

So instead of a picture of the 16X on the rocks, in front of the crashing waves with the misty sunset in the background, the only snapshot I have to share is the one above... 😓

I'd put 3 km on the 16X after unlocking top speed past 20 km/h. 13 km in total (Good thing I'm not superstitious 😂).

And I don't even have a cool story to share... 😭 I didn't fall while doing an awesome trick in a skate park, didn't nose-dive while doing some crazy-fast, Chooch-style off-roading, I didn't faceplant out of juvenile audacity...I didn't even fall: I landed on my feet and wasn't even going fast enough to have to run it off...it just caught me so off guard that I jerked my shoulder out of place. Doesn't get any lamer than that 😓😂

2 weeks worth of a sling, and then the slow process of rehab...Having a girlfriend who's a physical therapist will definitely help, but damn, I wanna ride my new wheel NOW! :crying:

Damn Murphy and his f***ing law! Or do you reckon this is a new manifestation of the curse of the 16X? 😂

Wow. Unbelievable. You know, you could have made up a great story and none of use would have known :D 

Really sorry to hear this. I didn't even know it was possible to injure yourself in that way. Great, now something else to worry about :cry2:

On the bright side, sounds like you'll be all healed up when the warm weather arrives.

• Like 2