The Photo Thread

SlowMo

4 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

You must have taken your photos wrong... It's hard to tell, but when I squint, it looks like a Ninebot E+...   ;)

I never said what wheel it is. Maybe I picked the E+ :lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I never said what wheel it is. Maybe I picked the E+ :lol:

But E+ is thatt a passing grade in the US? But that aside, I saw some other pictures on you r Flicker upload.

Did the new year do something funny to me or are you acturly riding in snowy conditions? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Here's my favorite wheel of 2019, created by all of my pictures taken in 2019

Favorite Wheel of 2019 in Pictures

You can view the full resolution picture on Flickr (click the picture) to look at all of the individual pictures :)

3 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

You must have taken your photos wrong... It's hard to tell, but when I squint, it looks like a Ninebot E+...   ;)

11 minutes ago, Unventor said:

But E+ is thatt a passing grade in the US? But that aside, I saw some other pictures on you r Flicker upload.

Did the new year do something funny to me or are you acturly riding in snowy conditions? 

It’s definitely your Nikola. I can see the diagonal silver accents at 7, 9 11, 1 and 3 o’clock 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The year is 2020 A.D, January. The world of electric unicycles is entirely occupied by winter. Well, not entirely... One single rider of the indomitable Californians still holds out against the invader. And life is not easy for the winter legionaries who garrison the fortified camps of Cold, Wind, Rain, and Snow... because they can't even get to him!

In other words: Damn Marty, I'm envious:cry2:;)

:lol:

Sorry Meep

Nice verse :cheers:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aneta said:

Can you climb that angle head-on?

I haven't tried it, as I just love to surf the wall, but LA EUC Games Grand Prix race winner Eric Ams did just that and successfully came straight down also. There's video of it somewhere on @Alien Rides FB page I believe. Kevin, would you mind re-sharing that vid? Someone else was asking about that recently too...:cheers:

• Like 2

That's very interesting because if this incline is indeed 45 degrees, that means that the minimum k=1.0 coefficient of friction is needed not to slip. Typical tires have k=0.7 on asphalt. The slope looks a bit less than 45, though. Would be interesting to know the exact angle measured by a smartphone. On the photo, it may look steeper due to perspective.

While I'm typically not a PPP (person packing protractor), I'd guess that it is between 40-46.275°. Lol. I'll try to remember to put one in my back pocket next time I go out there...Would be fun to know. Looks like my riding angle on the one pic is around a 30-35° lean. 

1 minute ago, Rama Douglas said:

While I'm typically not a PPP (person packing protractor), I'd guess that it is between 40-46.275°. Lol. I'll try to remember to put one in my back pocket next time I go out there...Would be fun to know. Looks like my riding angle on the one pic is around a 30-35° lean. 

But you do have a protractor in your back pocket.

That is if you have a SmartPhone on you. There is an android app called the Clinometer. It shows you the exact degrees of slope.

5GkDPgekECw1OSCqr5qztGNxxXbaKqf8wnbkI9Mw

Or if you are of the Apple persuasion: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/bubble-level-and-clinometer/id304152770

But then you need to convert the slope to grade (which is different). You can see the conversion in this table:

https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/slope-degrees-gradient-grade-d_1562.html

So, next time, just download the app and plop your phone on that grade. :popcorn:

• Like 3