The Photo Thread

SlowMo

4 hours ago, Aneta said:

That's very interesting because if this incline is indeed 45 degrees, that means that the minimum k=1.0 coefficient of friction is needed not to slip. Typical tires have k=0.7 on asphalt. The slope looks a bit less than 45, though. Would be interesting to know the exact angle measured by a smartphone. On the photo, it may look steeper due to perspective.

That's fairly glossy concrete, fwiw.

Edited by night_ombudsman
word
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, ZenRyder said:

But you do have a protractor in your back pocket.

That is if you have a SmartPhone on you. There is an android app called the Clinometer. It shows you the exact degrees of slope.

5GkDPgekECw1OSCqr5qztGNxxXbaKqf8wnbkI9Mw

Or if you are of the Apple persuasion: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/bubble-level-and-clinometer/id304152770

But then you need to convert the slope to grade (which is different). You can see the conversion in this table:

https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/slope-degrees-gradient-grade-d_1562.html

So, next time, just download the app and plop your phone on that grade. :popcorn:

But of course. I was being sarcastic...

5 hours ago, Tazarinho said:

Yesterday did a nice ride from Mol to Hasselt (65 km) on cyclist paths. Including two experiences that were created for cyclists: 'riding through the trees' and 'riding through the water'

Through the trees:

And through the water:

IMG_20200107_163208

Very cool trail!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, travsformation said:

Frozen-over puddle with a thick, muddy base in the middle of a tight turn...Man, was I freezing the whole 20km home! Made for some good "boys will be boys" pics though... :efee612b4b:

photo-2020-01-15-14-19-43.jpg

(blurry pic is the result of the puddle-plant my phone took. Good thing it's waterproof!)

Ug, I hate riding in mud. Fortunately it's not something I encounter very often where I live.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, erk1024 said:

This must be late in the afternoon. The angle and quality of light is great. Nice portrait! Very artistic.

Thanks.

Yes, I always try and take advantage our our Southern California sunsets :efee6b18f3: