The Photo Thread

SlowMo

15 hours ago, travsformation said:

My current collection :D 

IMG-20200226-033632.jpg

Funny! Just a bit smaller than my Luffy.  Want to race? ;)

Thanks again for your thoughtfulness! :cheers: Hope your feeling better!

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Funny! Just a bit smaller than my Luffy.  Want to race? ;)

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Thanks again for your thoughtfulness! :cheers: Hope your feeling better!

Rehab is coming along well, thanks!

It's been over two weeks since I got rid of the sling & I've moved on to 40 lb resistance bands for pecs/dorsal muscles, 20 lb for rotator cuffs, and and have worked my way up from 2 lb (1 kg) to 7 lb (3 kg) dumbells for deltoids, 2 x 15 reps per day. Started taking the 16X out for short-distance errands after a week (wearing the sling to prevent sudden movements), being extra cautious (and a touch paranoid), I just couldn't take this walking nonsense anymore :D

Am getting a bit more adventurous now...but no trail riding for a at least another month (or at least that's what I tell myself now...). Am trying to train myself to rotate my arms internally whenever I turn or use them for balance, hopefully it'll become muscle memory...can't wait to hit the trails again!

• Like 3

21 hours ago, travsformation said:

My current collection :D 

IMG-20200226-033632.jpg

Maybe it is time for @The Fat Unicyclist to develop pedal gards. that is on abused KS18L/XL wheel. 

I think it looks like you have some very clean floors...(white thing on right...hoover?)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, travsformation said:

He/she is on your next group ride? Afterall it almost look like a tilted EUC...and runs on battery. If you take it to the Spannish beach it might even go for a swim.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Maybe it is time for @The Fat Unicyclist to develop pedal gards. that is on abused KS18L/XL wheel. 

:roflmao:

If you look closely, there's a DIY EVA foam and duct tape pedal-guard on the V8 ;)

But yeah, that 18XL has taken some serious abuse, I'm surprised the shell isn't cracked and the trolley handle works at all :efee612b4b:

4 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I think it looks like you have some very clean floors...(white thing on right...hoover?)

Yupp. Took the front brushes off for the pic. And the thing that looks like a toddler-sized pedal is the laser sensor 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, travsformation said:

Am getting a bit more adventurous now...but no trail riding for a at least another month (or at least that's what I tell myself now...).

I’ll give you 2 weeks at most.;) It’s tough not riding at your full potential. I remember. How does your better half feel about you riding again?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I’ll give you 2 weeks at most.;) It’s tough not riding at your full potential. I remember. How does your better half feel about you riding again?

Hahaha we'll see..I managed the entire 3 weeks while sling-bound, and an entire week after that, so I'll give myself credit for at least having some will power... 

As to my better half...She thinks it's terribly unwise but knows by now not to waste her breath lecturing me :whistling:

I'm also pretty sure that after seeing that I'm at least taking a cautious-ish approach to riding (you should have seen me riding around with a butchered bright yellow resistance resistance band tied from my wrist to my belt to prevent me from raising my arm past 45º), she assessed the benefit/risk ratio and decided the occasional ride was better than having to put up with me just talking about EUCs all day :roflmao:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, travsformation said:

Hahaha we'll see..I managed the entire 3 weeks while sling-bound, and an entire week after that, so I'll give myself credit for at least having some will power... 

As to my better half...She thinks it's terribly unwise but knows by now not to waste her breath lecturing me :whistling:

:w00t2:I rode to A&E  (1.2km) with shoulder dislocated, and then back to "crime sceen" (1.2km) to photo where my accident happen and then home (800m).By far the brightest decission I have made, but well it went fine. To me it was more a matter to get "back on the horse" asap.

I then had 2 days breake (took the car to work), rode again to work and home, then the day (4th day from accident) after that was when the pain set in and my shoulder had decided to take a brake...2 days of sickleave from work. 

I was told by rehab/medical staff if I had another dislocationg accident within 6 months chances are very slim to recover from it.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, travsformation said:

she assessed the benefit/risk ratio and decided the occasional ride was better than having to put up with me just talking about EUCs all day 

I believe that’s what wife wife decided as well. At least you didn’t sell of your wheels like I did. Only the Mten3 remained after my accident.....hiding in a closet. 

9 minutes ago, Unventor said:I was told by rehab/medical staff if I had another dislocationg accident within 6 months chances are very slim to recover from it.

We do have a tendency to risk life and limb while enjoying this sport. :wacko: I’m now built like a truck with my plate, screws and cadaver bone. No worries. ;)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I rode to A&E  (1.2km) with shoulder dislocated, and then back to "crime sceen" (1.2km) to photo where my accident happen and then home (800m).By far the brightest decission I have made, but well it went fine. To me it was more a matter to get "back on the horse" asap.

:facepalm:

Yeah, it's one of those things where you just react, instinctively (or stupidly...). In my case the pain was instant and the injury obvious, since it wasn't the 1st time. I remember thinking "Of, f**k, not this....again....", and immediately hopping back on the wheel, relieved, at least, by the fact I didn't need my arms to ride to the ER.

I just looked it up and it was 3.6 km...the 1st 500m were cobblestones (OUCH!), the rest a combination of rutted and badly maintained bike lanes, narrow streets and more cobblestones. I remember being very self-conscious the entire time, very aware that if I were to fall again while my shoulder was out dislocated it would be nasty...

I then had 2 days breake (took the car to work), rode again to work and home, then the day (4th day from accident) after that was when the pain set in and my shoulder had decided to take a brake...2 days of sickleave from work. 

Strange how you had this "late onset". And your shoulder was dislocated for 4 days until you realized? :blink1: I can't grasp the concept, in every one of my 3 dislocations I've had immediate, very sharp pain and the feeling that my arm was "hanging only by my skin" (until the muscles spasm and you're holding your arm as if you're life depended on it).  

I was told by rehab/medical staff if I had another dislocationg accident within 6 months chances are very slim to recover from it

:whistling:

How long did you last before you were back on your wheel?

I have to admit I'm kind of concerned with my "excessively quick" recovery. Full mobility in just a week? Sounds great at first until you consider the possibility of tendon laxity...I won't know until my MRI, 2 weeks from now...

I probably shouldn't be pushing the odds by risking it but, as Rehab said...

32 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

We do have a tendency to risk life and limb while enjoying this sport. :wacko: I’m now built like a truck with my plate, screws and cadaver bone. No worries. ;)

As to the latter sentence, expect some Photoshopping soon... :whistling:

32 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

At least you didn’t sell of your wheels like I did. Only the Mten3 remained after my accident.....hiding in a closet. 

Interesting. Have you noticed more of a flare in the mten3's behaviour since it came out of the closet? :efefa6edcf:

Actually, scratch that comment...

49546027657_01efe883a8_b.jpg

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, travsformation said:

As to the latter sentence, expect some Photoshopping soon... :whistling:

It’s been 2 years. Have at it. Heck @Hunka Hunka Burning Love PS’d a pink bra over my pecs after I posted a photo of my ugly humeral scar. Members were creating tattoos to cover it up. Everything is game. ;)

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

It’s been 2 years. Have at it. Heck @Hunka Hunka Burning Love PS’d a pink bra over my pecs after I posted a photo of my ugly humeral scar. Members were creating tattoos to cover it up. Everything is game. ;)

Well I miss the daily @Hunka Hunka Burning Love funny pic mod. Sad he is so quite nowadays. 

@travsformation I kept ride after my sickleave/rest of 2 days. So I didn't stop, but very careful ridi g and only must travel trips/commuting, no pleasure or cruising for like 4 weeks. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

How do you like the bigger pedals?

The ACM pedals are clearly a winner for this wheel. They still look proportional to the wheel (unlike the Nikola pedals I've seen some people put on it) but add much needed foot support compared to the tiny pedals on my red Mten3.

• Like 2