WaveCut

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

49747847266_66fd60cc28_b.jpg

DUDE, how on earth you already got the V11?!?! 

Tell us everything! How does it ride, and do you think it broke if Backe took it to the mountain? Or if I'd broke my back in the mountains with it? Or if after purchasing I'd be broke and go back to live in the mountain? Or if it would broke my heart to come back from riding it in the mountain? Or... 

:roflmao: Subtle, ey?

• Like 3

I wonder how these lamps will handle crashes and V11 rotation when they fall.

When I imagine what my V10F has experienced and holds together due to the round shape, it can rotate and absorb the impact.

The V11 has headlamps like a bumper. And when I compare the paper 18S vs V11 I feel weird because nobody probably wants range over 40km / 25miles real range.

Range and water resistance are my priorities. With all the mechanisms and joints, it will be difficult to wash away from the mud without the flow of water.

I hope this kingsong solves it was not waterproof tragic as has KS16X (where after a light rain 10 minutes drive stopped working lift sensor until 3 days to dry).

Edited by DjPanJan
  • Like 3

On 4/5/2020 at 4:39 PM, Hirsute said:

It's absolutly not a wheel to learn... You will destroy it.

If you are looking for your first wheel you should learn few months on a 16" like a V8 or a KS16S...

I missed this post. Great to hear from you!  Have you taken the V11 out for a ride? Thoughts? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Tell us everything! How does it ride, and do you think it broke if Backe took it to the mountain? Or if I'd broke my back in the mountains with it? Or if after purchasing I'd be broke and go back to live in the mountain? Or if it would broke my heart to come back from riding it in the mountain? Or... 

The ride was challenging. The saddle keep slipping throwing off my balance. The stirrups get in the way when I try to mounted her. The silver dot embellishments are a nice touch and the saddle’s horn is great for quick stops or for holding on to prevent a broken Backe going up Marty’s mountain.;)

• Like 3

Please forgive me if this has been addressed already but are there any videos of people riding this new EUC yet? If so could you just link it for me please or point me in the right direction? Thanks.

9 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Come late summer, I just might ride to the meets with one! Unless GW hits it home with a new 18" wheel with the MSP motor, 1800Wh battery and even a mediocre suspension... That would be dope way beyond what I could resist!

I will definitely come!:thumbup:

17 hours ago, Nic said:

I like the standard tyre best. :wub:

A knobby tyre is really bad on road.

It's totally normal for the same car to be sold in different countries and different climates with different tires... and this is even easier for EUC, since the tires are small, cheap, and easy to supply in China. We already get multiple battery sizes to choose from (for other wheels anyway...) - give us some tire options!

And @Nic, dual sport tires are for you ;)

37 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

It's totally normal for the same car to be sold in different countries and different climates with different tires... and this is even easier for EUC, since the tires are small, cheap, and easy to supply in China. We already get multiple battery sizes to choose from (for other wheels anyway...) - give us some tire options!

And @Nic, dual sport tires are for you ;)

I don't mind tyres that work well on different terrain. I would say that most of riders will spend the majority of their time on road so tyres optimised for those conditions are best and will also work well on most trails. If your speak nicely to @Jason McNeil he might be able to swap out the tyres for something more suitable. I can't see dealers holding stock with different tyre choices as its not practical, but if there is enough demand, then they might swap the tyre out for you. I plan on going off-road occasionally, but just on trails nothing serious that would wreck my wheel and standard tyres seem pretty good for that.:popcorn:

15 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

She never visits my pole barn. I do have a children’s saddle in the back that should cover it up. ;) 

49747847266_66fd60cc28_b.jpg

Worst case scenario I’ll just blame @Jason McNeil

Is it okey to share your new Texan style pedal guards aka attached horseshoes 😁?

• Like 1

Sure thing. I have boots and a lasso too. :) The saddle’s just a prop from an old time saloon I built in my barn.

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

@Liamfind, if Inmotion really is serious about V11 being off-road capable, Inmotion needs to ship V11 with a different tire than the ChaoYang H-5102 that's shown in the latest videos. That tire is the slipperiest tire that any EUC has been sold to date. It's 100% a road tire, absolutely unsuitable for any wet off-road conditions.

18XL switched from H-5102 to CST C-1488 last year. Gotway also switched from H-5102 to C-1488 for the MSP. I'd like to think they both did that because they listen to feedback.

I off-road a lot. I used the H-5102 on my MSX for a few thousand km, but it was horribly slippery from day one. I replaced it with the ChaoYang H-666, which is a great multi-purpose tire with zero ill effects on road. Quite the opposite, it even carves much nicer than the H-5102, and enables clearly higher speeds when cornering.

Inmotion, please be one step ahead and learn from other manufacturers mistakes. Ditch the H-5102! Use H-666, C-1488, or any other tire that is actually suitable for the usage the V11 is being marketed for.

So long as on-road performance doesn't suffer I can agree. :popcorn:

• Like 1

Inmotion instagram post:

...Somebody just took their pride from taking a shortcut.  We do admit that only by sharing more electric unicycle technologies with other enthusiastic manufacturers and EUC fans, we can put together to build a better community and develop more innovative products. But not in this way. 🙁🙁🙁

Not sure what they mean by this... Are they calling out King song for copying them by releasing a wheel with suspension or just calling them out for unveiling their wheel 5 days after inmotion unveiled theirs or none of the above, I think something's being lost in translation.

I'll be curious to see the internal design of the two wheels.  Someone in the King song thread mentioned how there could be wire flexing with how the king song wheel is being sprung and wanted to know how King song addressed that to prevent wire fatigue from causing a cut out over time

With how the inmotion wheel is designed with the inner shell and outer shell, where the batteries/wires are on the non moving inner shell(i think), they might not have the issue of wire fatigue over time.  

I look forward to seeing a tear down and the guts of these two wheels.

Edited by Heyzeus
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Heyzeus said:

Not sure what they mean by this... Are they calling out King song for copying them by releasing a wheel with suspension or just calling them out for unveiling their wheel 5 days after inmotion unveiled theirs or none of the above, I think something's being lost in translation.

I look forward to seeing a tear down and the guts of these two wheels.

Hum...drama and new wheels...:P:popcorn: (at least it changes minds from being quarantined :eff006f726:)

• Like 2