WaveCut

On 4/12/2020 at 10:12 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

Can someone explain the 1420Wh number of the V11 (instead of 1480Wh)?

80 cells * 3.7V per cell * 5000mAh cells = 1480Wh.

You can go by 4800mAh per cell (with 3.7V) to get to 1420, or by 3.55V nominal per cell (with 5000mAh) to get to 1420. Is it one of those options? Something else?

Samsung 48G will give you the answer

• Like 2

10 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Thank you! So it's 4800mAh and 3.6V, which comes out to less than 1420Wh. Still more than the S18:whistling:

KS and Inmo use 3.7v as nominal in this case:
V11: 4.8Ah * 20s * 4p * 3.7v = 1420.8 Wh
S18: 5.0Ah * 20s * 3p * 3.7v = 1110.0 Wh
KS actually use 3.7v for all latest wheels, Inmo use random numbers 3.65 in V5F, 3.75v in V8 and v10f.

Edited by palachzzz
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Maybe the 0% voltage justifies this decision as it high enough to assume 3.7V nominal.

In this case mAh rate will be much less, and total number will be much less, so here you are right:

2 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Or they just lie exaggerate like everyone else

• Like 2

So, looks like Kuji working closely with Kingsong now, also means that he probably not gonna review the V11.

Inmotion need to do the same, send the pre-production wheel to a trusted reviewer (who will not trash the pre-production wheel) to have a quick first round review, no need too much details...

There is too little information from Inmotion, even when V11 looks much more complete than S18.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phong Vu said:

So, looks like Kuji working closely with Kingsong now, also means that he probably not gonna review the V11.

Inmotion need to do the same, send the pre-production wheel to a trusted reviewer (who will not trash the pre-production wheel) to have a quick first round review, no need too much details...

There is too little information from Inmotion, even when V11 looks much more complete than S18.

Agreed 

damn. I can't seriously trust Kujiroll's impartiality when i know he's working so closely with king song now.

That's disappointing.cos he really knows how to push a unit and make it look fun! 

This is gonna hurt inmotion, they will need to get at least 3 or 4 reviewers to make up for losing kujiroll. 

I still using inmotion and loving it, but looking to upgrade real soon and if i don't get something to make me stick..... king song is looking REALLY GOOD.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Phong Vu said:

Below is a post from Kuji’s Reddit page where he states he will be taking soon about the V11. 

49774758688_a5ac66321f_b.jpg

It's good to know that kujiroll will eventually review the V11, but i will still have that nagging doubt in the back of my mind, will have to see how his review goes....if it ever happens.

Edited by onizukagto
add more details to the comment.

31 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Below is a post from Kuji’s Reddit page where he states he will be taking soon about the V11. 

I could be wrong, but the guy in your highlight only ask Kuji to "talk/feedback on S18".
Since in his quick review, he only list the features and said it's a fine wheel, it's still in pre-production, not really talk about advantages and disadvantages like other reviews.

Pretty much they only mention the S18.

• Like 2

I'm not going to read too much into it yet. I'm hoping that Kuji decided to remain impartial and not sign any contracts, so we can get the same fair review for the inno. Im selfish, so seeing Kuji be contracted for his own gain, doesnt gain ME faith he will remain impartial. This is nothing against him personally, but we all know that once you hang your hat on a brand, you typically are biased and contracted to it. Again, I am NOT saying this has happened. I personally dont know Kuji and its not my place to ask such personal questions. I think it may just be too soon and the man can only do so many things at once. I do hope to see Inno use Kuji as a resource, thus comforting me that his review of BOTH, are not biased in ANY form. Obviously he can't COMPARE them to each other, until he rides both.

Fwiw, I LIKE the open design choice of the s18 and dont assume it cant get get wet and dirty. I also see the lure of the much cleaner lines of the v11. Aside from opinion, I cant offer much, and even my opinion is based on very little data, aside from visual.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Phong Vu said:

1 hour ago, onizukagto said:

damn. I can't seriously trust Kujiroll's impartiality when i know he's working so closely with king song now.

That's disappointing.cos he really knows how to push a unit and make it look fun! 

This is gonna hurt inmotion, they will need to get at least 3 or 4 reviewers to make up for losing kujiroll. 

Alas there are hardly 3 or 4 other big-enough EUC youtubers at all--let alone if you filter out the majority who have clear partiality/bias towards and/or against certain brands (far disproportionate to the actual strengths and weaknesses in question). It's so obvious, one could easily make a table showing each big youtuber and their brand allegiances and aversions. (I'm refraining from doing so/wouldn't recommend it only because it would piss a bunch of people off, and everyone who's been around for more than six months or a year already knows anyway..)

Honestly in the past Kuji has been one of the more impartial ones compared to most--here's hoping that somehow remains true.

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Yet people get their giggles about the latter. What’s going on here?!

Brand biases and half-baked aesthetic associations.

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

On one corner I see one wheel with a perfectly functional design, all the crucial features and properties well executed, huge technological advancements in many areas, only a little smaller battery than I hoped for, and a manufacturer that listens to customer feedback in a way that I’ve never seen before already months before even revealing the wheel.

Then the other corner has a wheel with way too small a battery (for me atleast), a motor that is well known to have power related issues even with a much larger battery, an atrocious design that looks like it’s still missing the top cover, an open design that in itself is an absolute no no for riding in the environment I constantly do, and demo videos that each rise multiple red flags about the suspension’s core functionality.

Exactly my thoughts

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Aesthetic...

Let be real. A lot of people buy on Z10 and 16X by the looks, they can forgive some disadvantages as long as the wheel looks nice :) (and not ride terrible).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AtlasP said:

Alas there are hardly 3 or 4 other big-enough EUC youtubers at all--let alone if you filter out the majority who have clear partiality/bias towards and/or against certain brands (far disproportionate to the actual strengths and weaknesses in question).

Honestly in the past Kuji has been one of the more impartial ones compared to most--here's hoping that somehow remains true.

understand that there isn't any on the same level as kujiroll, but you can still make it up with quantity. And i don't care about bias at that point.

i'm perfectly fine seeing reviews by gotway lovers, kingsong lovers, ninebot lovers (all 5 of them) and inmotion lovers (everyone who isn't embarrassed :p ).

More diverse reviews is much better then getting one view from one big reviewer., but i agree with your last line. i Hope hope hope, kujiroll stays impartial. 

Edited by onizukagto
messed up the quoting system box...thingy. SORRY!
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Phong Vu said:

Aesthetic...

Let be real. A lot of people buy on Z10 and 16X by the looks, they can forgive some disadvantages as long as the wheel looks nice :) (and not ride terrible).

i thought the 16x was the ugliest euc ive ever seen lol.. z10 is cool though xD

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

But the whole situation is borderline absurd to me. On one corner I see one wheel with a perfectly functional design, all the crucial features and properties well executed, huge technological advancements in many areas, only a little smaller battery than I hoped for, and a manufacturer that listens to customer feedback in a way that I’ve never seen before already months before even revealing the wheel.

Then the other corner has a wheel with way too small a battery (for me atleast), a motor that is well known to have power related issues even with a much larger battery, an atrocious design that looks like it’s still missing the top cover, an open design that in itself is an absolute no no for riding in the environment I constantly do, and demo videos that each rise multiple red flags about the suspension’s core functionality.

Yeah, it's been quite interesting seeing the response to Inmotion upping their game. To date, they have targeted more toward the entry-level market in terms of price and performance. So Inmotion may need to overcome some associations and skepticism among riders and in a sense, reintroduce themselves and ultimately prove themselves when the product is out. Also interesting that the response from Kingsong has been quite aggressive: the timing of their announcement right after Inmotion announcement despite it feeling a bit rushed IMO judging by the fact the prototype isn't near finalized. And the recruitment of more PR/media, including Kujirolls, which has been impactful. 

33 minutes ago, onizukagto said:

i Hope hope hope, kujiroll stays impartial. 

This can be tricky. So far he seems to be positive, talking in general terms, yet not exaggerating the performance of the S18. Though it's interesting that he's pointing out that it's not perferct, still a prototype, and that he's hesistant to fully review or go into more detail. Why the videos then? Well there's clearly a marketing collab with Kingsong and he's probably wearing his PR hat more than reviewer hat at this point. Full impartial reviews probably have to wait until the products are out.

Edited by FullTilt
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, mrelwood said:

But the whole situation is borderline absurd to me. On one corner I see one wheel with a perfectly functional design, all the crucial features and properties well executed, huge technological advancements in many areas, only a little smaller battery than I hoped for, and a manufacturer that listens to customer feedback in a way that I’ve never seen before already months before even revealing the wheel.

What do we really know about the V11? As others have said, I think there needs to be more videos / content about the wheel. The V11 launched before the S18, but the S18 already has way more videos featuring this year's flagship: suspension. Yes, KS secured Kuji, but are other YouTubers who are willing to give an honest review. So if Inmotion's wheel is truly that well designed / functional, let's get some reviews going! I know @Marty Backe is not an Inmotion guy, but if I were InMotion I would send one to him to review just for the honest feedback. Mickey from evX - he's also another person who I would trust to give an honest opinion.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, davinche said:

What do we really know about the V11?

Pretty much the same specs we know about the 18S. Except we don’t know the maximum controller output power for the 18S.

The V11 launched before the S18, but the S18 already has way more videos featuring this year's flagship: suspension.

Maybe you have missed some. V11 going down the stairs, jumping down from a tall curb, riding up a tall curb, down from a 1 foot ledge, and the early prototype down from a 3 foot ledge, up a long steep incline and down the long stairs. And the actual (dull) promo video of the V11 cruising on smooth pavement and a decent uphill. I think that’s a lot of videos, actually. I have seen what can be seen from videos (not that I wouldn’t be waiting for more though!), the rest is about how it feels and handles.

What do we have from KS? Up a curb, small speed bumps, down the stairs, and shaking up and down on dirt road just like I do with my MSX. And every single video shows very harsh suspension action with maybe two inches of total travel.

A V11 off-road video is still on the way. But everything I’ve seen from KS so far has been severely disappointing regarding suspension performance. They still have a lot of work to do.

@Marty Backe is not an Inmotion guy, but if I were InMotion I would send one to him to review just for the honest feedback. Mickey from evX - he's also another person who I would trust to give an honest opinion.

I would expect them to get the offer, last we heard from Inmotion was that the details of the demo tryouts were still being drafted. But it’s only the mid of April, about 6 weeks until the actual launch.