WaveCut

1 hour ago, Phong Vu said:

https://www.speedyfeet.co.uk/collections/electric-unicycle-one-wheel-segway/products/inmotion-v11-electric-unicycle

Just happen to go around and see that speedyfeet listed the V11 as £1662 ~ $2000, before duty and shipping?
Am I missing anything?

If true, that's obviously much cheaper than what was announced. It'll be interesting to see the price that EWheels (United States) lists it for.

• Like 3

Eventually people will ride it, it'll be reviewed on YT, y'all can see if it fits your use case, blah blah blah.  Did you expect Marty WattHour Backe to gush about a phone battery?  ;)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

What do you guys think about the look of this wheel?

I think it looks pretty bloody awful tbh but then asthetics are so subjective they are largely irrelevant :)

I could see the looks working in a kinda steampunk way...maybe if they made it outta hand-finished bronze and copper...

I am however very interested in the suspension and will be keen to hear how it affects riding dynamics, particularly in how it copes with hard carving. Ok ok I know this wheel isnt being marketed as a fast road wheel but I still wonder how it will deal with heavy compression mid-corner.

Having a fully adjustable preload air shock (as per MTB) is a must IMO to cater for different user weights. And adjustable damping come to think of it.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Didn't happen to me, you must think of someone else.

I think it was me :rolleyes: but I didn't go up 2 feet. only airborne enough to feet shifting forward 2". 

12 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

First of all, I don't think anyone is "outraged" over the price. Second, I'm not talking about the $2300 price in a vacuum. When the Nikola came out, there wasn't a Nikola equivalent selling for $1900.

I'm not complaining about $2300 in absolute terms. I'm comparing what the V11 offers for $2300 relative to what else you can get for the same or less in early 2020.

People will obviously decide if the price is worth it. My prediction is most people will opt for the cheaper wheels that offer more speed and range. It's my prediction and I'm allowed to have an opinion. And I don't think I've trashing the V11 in this post. I've said nothing about quality or features. Just talking price.

On this one I like to back you up @Marty Backe

Any I also agree 200% you are entitled to your opinion.

We shall see which brand delivers the best suspension system, at least Inmotion are first up press release to a production model. And by the looks of it KS soon to follow. The big question here is if GW will follow or not. That is also kind of a statement not to choose to offer a suspension at all. We know that Rockwheel have tried to build a suspension system, but not yet ready for it. 

Also I am not sure if a heavier wheel matters as much as others have indicated. I mean my KS16X is the most maneuverable of my 4 wheels I owned or own. It is a mater of technique and wheel behavior. The main reason is that weight have gone up the last few years. Using more lightweight materials will right now ramp up cost a lot. It might be the next step in innovation we can ask for :rolleyes: Or maybe a formula 1 type of service :P. I still can grasp why not make it easier to service compared to hide screws behind paddings and similar impractical solutions.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Meserias said:

I hope there is way to add more air in that suspension ....
if this will be possible, it will be good for any type of rider (lighter or not)

I agree. Without adjustment for rider weight or ride conditions, it would limit the use scenarios by quite a bit, so I'm glad @UniVehje confirmed that it has adjustability. I’m also concerned about the pedal movement. If they haven’t stiffened the pedal, like Kingsong did in the 2.0 FW update, it could remove all the sporty direct wheel to brain communication and end up feeling more like slightly uncontrollable boat. For me, I don’t think suspension justifies 27 kg and underwhelming motor/battery specs.

When I thought about suspension on an EUC a while back, I couldn’t see how a fully adjustable spring/shock absorber unit could be made light enough to make sense on an EUC, but then I thought about the old Mini’s, that had a very lightweight functional suspension. A fairly stiff rubber bushing as the dampener and an adjustable spring for the return, could take the edge off bumps without removing too much of the agility and feel, and it wouldn’t add too much weight. It would be far from a comfortable 7-inch travel though, but perhaps a bit more useful in both off- and on-road use scenarios?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Espen R said:

When I thought about suspension on an EUC a while back, I couldn’t see how a fully adjustable spring/shock absorber unit could be made light enough to make sense on an EUC,

A bog standard Fox Float DPS MTB shock assembly is incredibly light (220g). Fully adjustable too.

In fact, decent, light suspension always carries a bit of a price tag and may well explain why the V11 carries the price it does. A DPS is around £200 alone.

• Like 2

I just looked through the WhatsApp channel from Inmotion this morning. 

I think it is on if the dealers referring to a chat with some called Frank (apparently from Inmotion). Frank confirmed it is an adjustable suspension but doesn't go into how. 

I kinda of understand why Inmotion keep their cards thigh on hand still. I think they don't want to "inspire" other brands of their solution until Inmotion can deliver to customers. I would do the same in their situation. But it comes at a balance.

How do you ask people to buy something new they can't test or see how works?

9 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

First of all I love the appearance of this wheel and the ergonomic 3 dimensional  side padding. My mind does keep circling back to the resemblance of a saddle. 

49745961877_5dd291aba5_c.jpg

So you got hold of the secret V11US model already :w00t2:

• Like 1

As far as how it looks?? 
I am a utilitarian. Remember that really pretty girl that you met, only to find out that she is the meanest most hateful person you ever met? She is not so pretty any more is she? The sight of her makes your pupils narrow and your stomach churn. 
When I know how well it works, I will have more of an option on the looks. 

Back to an older topic. Battery size and ride comfort mean absolutely nothing to me if it can’t carry my weight. So far InMotion has not had a wheel for me to consider. Wheel must go 30 mph and carry my but up a hill. InMotion??! Nothing yet. Failed on both counts. GotWay has had both for 3years? Maybe longer.  Maybe this InMotion wheel can do it? 

I just wonder what the wheel would look like without all the suspension and "saddle" - just the wheel and foot plates really. You could put the lighting in the shell like on the MCM5 which would also protect the lights in a fall. I don't know about the safety aspect of not having any body work or mudguard above the wheel but it would look stunning. Maybe you'd need small mudguard just to stop your trousers getting digested by the tyre. Maybe you could have a fixing point near the top to add a larger mudguard or height adjustable seat or maybe just have a small mudguard for the rain like on the BMW GS motorbikes.

6 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Whoa, ok, I'm starting to believe in this wheel!

That is totally awesome ... I can't see me buying a wheel without suspension after seeing this.:o

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Nic said:

That is totally awesome ... I can't see me buying a wheel without suspension after seeing this.:o

Pretty much same feeling here. Of course we have to see if there are any negative effects, but that just looks too good to think about anything else now. 

Edited by UniVehje
  • Like 1