WaveCut

5 hours ago, Simone Malicius said:

and this bring me back to my personal " idea of EUC " 

why do i like inmotion? cause they set SAFETY FIRST ... as we have all seen by many videos reckless drivers wants/desire to keep TOP speed for the entire last of the battery and that will carry several problems , read cutoff or similars ! 

While Inmotion idea is more on safety direction... 50km/h is a lot over one single wheel  so if it can keep it for the first 20% of battery and than gently slow down i would not mind at all and whoever is concerned about safety this should be applauded ! 

if we could ( i do.. ) for one moment STOP the idea of TOP SPEED we would see how much inmotion engineers have done on this wheel and this might be a trigger also for competition to start something new over euc world ! 

the thing of top speed to me sounds like when we were kids " who has it bigger .. " lol  we are grown up and tell me , after so many years does it still count who has it bigger? :D 

About V11 i still have some doubts weight above all and i'm so curious to know how those suspensions will perform !!!  i'd say that in this world wide moment innovation might be the key for the hope of a brighter future ! 

I think it's fantastic that this new wheel hits the sweet spot for a lot of riders here. Something for everyone.

Most people were not expecting this to compete with Gotway in the speed race. But it would have been nice if it could have done ~56km/h because then it would safely due ~49-km/h without tilt-back.

When the price is the same as a 100-volt Nikola, MSX, or MSP (1800wh batteries no less) than people can't help be compare directly to those wheels. I think it falls short.

Maybe it'll end up being like the Z10. The Z10 was a $2200 wheel when it was released (that's what I paid). Now you can buy them for under $1800. Why? Because nobody wants to buy them at that inflated price.

The V11 needs to be closer to $1800 to sell in quantity, IMO.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GyroRideRz said:

The design is clearly inspired by the Z10 for the top of the wheel and i love that :D

3 things worry me: 

1- Is it really possible to do 50km/h with a tilt back that starts at 55 or do we have tilback at 50km/h which would be really annoying
2- Will it really be possible to cover a distance of 50km ( the 120km announced is a joke as usual and have to be divided by 2 in my opinion) with an average speed of 45-50km/h? Because if you have to drive at 25-30km/h to reach this autonomy, there's no point because you fall back into the big problem of the Z10.
3 - I applaud the innovation of the suspensions, but I have big doubts about the longevity of the thing for daily use + intensive offroad at the weekend. 

Can't wait to the first tests of this new beast :D

I believe 120km is not a joke. Inmotion should be commended for providing the criteria for that range. If you read the spec's, it clearly states the rider weight and a riding speed of 20km/h

At 20km/h the V11 most certainly could go 120km.

• Like 2

I wish InMotion well with this release! They seem to me to have held the benchmark for quality and safety so far in many respects and this new offering is ambitious for sure. 

InMotion has enjoyed very significant sales numbers the last couple of years even though their product line offered significantly lower range and speed/performance than what other manufacturers produced. They go their own way it seems!

I just hope that suspension doesn’t make the wheel feel ‘disconnected’ from the rider, especially off road where momentary control is so important. As for price, possibly time will bring it down a bit, but we live in an world where bicycles (non-motorized) cost upwards of $6,000 for the features that true enthusiasts want, so I’m not surprised by this price; but proof of execution remains to be seen!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Gaz Bon said:

If it was a solid and flawless design they would have rode it to the stage or jumped off the stage to show the suspension in action

My Chinese is a bit fuzzy but I think the moderator was yelling at the guy to come back.

49734594148_b94660d40d_b.jpg

7 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

The V11 needs to be closer to $1800 to sell in quantity, IMO.

SpeedyFeet has MSP on Sale for £1699.96 (pre-order) https://www.speedyfeet.co.uk/collections/electric-unicycle-one-wheel-segway/products/gotway-msuper-pro-100v-electric-unicycle

and V11 pre-order for £1995.00 for August delivery https://www.speedyfeet.co.uk/collections/electric-unicycle-one-wheel-segway/products/inmotion-v11-electric-unicycle

So MSP is £300 less than V11 during the sale and you will get it sooner.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

My Chinese is a bit fuzzy but I think the moderator was yelling at the guy to come back.

I do think this interesting.
By the way the guy wearing full armor and helmet, might be the plan was for him to show off, ride the wheel a little bit? try out the suspension?

Could be some last minutes issue with the wheel so it can't be demo? :D 

Edited by Phong Vu

5 minutes ago, Nic said:

SpeedyFeet has MSP on Sale for £1699.96 (pre-order) https://www.speedyfeet.co.uk/collections/electric-unicycle-one-wheel-segway/products/gotway-msuper-pro-100v-electric-unicycle

and V11 pre-order for £1995.00 for August delivery https://www.speedyfeet.co.uk/collections/electric-unicycle-one-wheel-segway/products/inmotion-v11-electric-unicycle

So MSP is £300 less than V11 during the sale and you will get it sooner.

It won’t be long before Ewheels and Inmotion USA follow suit. I’m sure @Jason McNeil is feverishly working on his pre-order announcement. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

It won’t be long before Ewheels and Inmotion USA follow suit. I’m sure @Jason McNeil is feverishly working on his pre-order announcement. :)

I’ve already placed my preorder through euco, it says delivery is end of June.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Old Glider said:

I wish InMotion well with this release! They seem to me to have held the benchmark for quality and safety so far in many respects and this new offering is ambitious for sure. 

InMotion has enjoyed very significant sales numbers the last couple of years even though their product line offered significantly lower range and speed/performance than what other manufacturers produced. They go their own way it seems!

I just hope that suspension doesn’t make the wheel feel ‘disconnected’ from the rider, especially off road where momentary control is so important. As for price, possibly time will bring it down a bit, but we live in an world where bicycles (non-motorized) cost upwards of $6,000 for the features that true enthusiasts want, so I’m not surprised by this price; but proof of execution remains to be seen!

I'm not surprised by the price also, but Inmotion doesn't exist in a vacuum. At $2300 people are going to look at what else can be gotten for the same or less.

And let's not forget about ease of maintenance. Gotway wheels are the simplest to maintain. KingSong takes a bit more work  (undoing their beautiful wiring harnesses, etc.). The Z10? A nightmare.  This V11 looks to be a bit like the Z10. Very complex so probably it will be a pain in the butt to work on the tire or anything else in the wheel.

Time will tell though.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Most people were not expecting this to compete with Gotway in the speed race. But it would have been nice if it could have done ~56km/h because then it would safely due ~49-km/h without tilt-back.

When the price is the same as a 100-volt Nikola, MSX, or MSP (1800wh batteries no less) than people can't help be compare directly to those wheels. I think it falls short.

I don't agree that price of a wheel should only be correlated to top speed. While very fast cars tend to be extremely expensive (there are exceptions like the V8 Ariel Atom), there are also extremely expensive cars that sell based on other attributes. For example, a Rolls Royce Wraith costs about 50% more than a Ferrari 458, but is 50 mph slower.

Different specs and features for different Serviceable Available Markets (SAMs) within the Total Available Market (TAM).

Edited by Jon Stern
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, UniVehje said:

As I was on my 60 km joyride today I was thinking about the V11 and feeling sad that I couldn’t do that with it I realized that it’s actually a perfect commuter wheel.

That what I tried to say but with an argument to why in my message above. 

It isn't build to be extreme but as mid range commuter it is close to perfect. 

But still the first reviews are going to be very interesting if only the review understand it isn't a "take on GW topspeed wheel". 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Unventor said:

It isn't build to be extreme but as mid range commuter it is close to perfect. 

This makes sense given IM's market focus in the past.  They did say in that recent interview though that they were going to cater to the enthusiast's market more, but maybe the V11 is not the wheel for that.  Still as it is it should be better able to handle more terrain than the V10, so maybe this is their first step in that direction.  Especially if the top speed hols for 70% of the battery capacity,

39 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

I don't agree that price of a wheel should only be correlated to top speed. While very fast cars tend to be extremely expensive (there are exceptions like the V8 Ariel Atom), there are also extremely expensive cars that sell based on other attributes. For example, a Rolls Royce Wraith costs about 50% more than a Ferrari 458, but is 50 mph slower.

Different specs and features for different Serviceable Available Markets (SAMs) within the Total Available Market (TAM).

I don't believe I said ONLY speed. The lack of battery for that price is the single biggest turn off for me. All the Gotway wheels that I just listed are cheaper than the V11 and have substantially larger battery packs.

For all the riding that we do in Southern California, a 1400wh wheel just won't cut it. Of course for many other people the V11 will have a huge battery.

26 minutes ago, FreeRide said:

While I don't care to correlate price with top speed, I do expect it to correlate with range/battery capacity.  However; I'm willing to wait until we see how the wheel rides in the real world, on the streets and off road before I form an opinion on this one as no other one has suspension and that is the key here.  How well does it work.  Someone was asking for tighter suspension lalready when no one outside of IM even knows what the suspension is like.  People are going a bit crazy here.  Historically though I've been disappointed in the pricing of IM wheels, but never owned one, and since they are the best selling wheel, it hardly makes sense for them to lower their prices.  I'd love to try an IM one day since speed above 50km/h is not important to me, but how the top speed is limited as the battery is drained is important.  I'm still very excited to see how this new wheel performs.

I believe they are the best selling wheel because of their affordability. The V11 is absolutely not an affordable wheel. It's actually looking to be the most expensive wheel (outside the Monster) that you can buy.

53 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I have heard this "eh I'll skip" from you often enough that I'm not worried. Let Jason send you a review model at the earliest possibility, and then let's see. Looking forward to your (as in yours) V11 videos;)

I've never bought an Inmotion wheel. What makes you think I'm going to buy one now, particularly at this inflated price?

13 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I don't believe I said ONLY speed. The lack of battery for that price is the single biggest turn off for me. All the Gotway wheels that I just listed are cheaper than the V11 and have substantially larger battery packs.

For all the riding that we do in Southern California, a 1400wh wheel just won't cut it. Of course for many other people the V11 will have a huge battery.

Agreed that the battery pack is rather on the small side. My point is that some segments of the market which are not looking for max speed and range, may be willing to pay a premium price for the other features. If the suspension works well (to be determined) some people will be happy to pay hundreds for that feature (which I'm also guessing adds a lot of cost to the manufacturing).

Edited by Jon Stern
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

Agreed that the battery pack is rather on the small side. My point is that some segments of the market which is not looking for max speed and range, may be willing to pay a premium price for the other features. If the suspension works well (to be determined) some people will be happy to pay hundreds for that feature (which I'm also guessing adds a lot of cost to the manufacturing).

I'm sure there's a market for this wheel. But all the communities that I'm involved with (here, Facebook, Telegram, person-to-person, etc) always discuss range, speed, and $$$.

I don't think it's going to be a big seller, IMHO.