WaveCut

30 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I've never bought an Inmotion wheel. What makes you think I'm going to buy one now, particularly at this inflated price?

Shiny new wheel syndrome? Maybe I'm wrong and that only works with Gotways:D

Anyways, Jason will surely send you a V11 asap if you ask, and I don't think you would mind trying it. So...

• Like 2

Probably not a big seller; I agree, but is it an important evolution?  

V11F might be the ticket, maybe they are waiting on that one to see just how well this one does do and to get the fine tuning right, of course the price of that would be even higher.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Most likely I will not get access to this wheel. Inmotion plays things really close and doesn't provide early releases to their distributors like EWheels. Given the spec's I'm not willing to depart with $2300 for this wheel.

I'm sure plenty of others will be able to test this wheel.

@Marty Backe: Check out this reply by the official InMotion Global youtube account (in the comments to the launch video):

image.png.bb9a8b1412a78ca37efb8f82758483b6.png

So maybe they're changing their tune on interaction with youtubers? It might be worth a shot to reach out to them again (and citing that public comment).

• Like 2

im considering the nikola, msuper pro and inmotion v11 as my next wheel, im in no hurry to upgrade my V10  but given the fact that i know how reliable, well made and safe Inmotion wheels are im more than happy to see what inmotion v11 has to offer. definitely excited to some real world reviews aslong as their fair and not biased like some of these comments.. luckily its fairly obvious from the comments who the individuals are who've already made their mind up to dismissed it without seeing it in action

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AtlasP said:

@Marty Backe: Check out this reply by the official InMotion Global youtube account (in the comments to the launch video):

image.png.bb9a8b1412a78ca37efb8f82758483b6.png

So maybe they're changing their tune on interaction with youtubers? It might be worth a shot to reach out to them again (and citing that public comment).

It helps that Kuji is located in the same country. He can just drop in and test out KingSong, Gotway, and Inmotion wheels.

I'm sure there will be plenty of reviews. I don't think I'll be one of them.

4 hours ago, FreeRide said:

While I don't care to correlate price with top speed, I do expect it to correlate with range/battery capacity.

How many miles does one get on an average Tesla compared to the average Toyota Corolla? /rhetorical

New technologies often come with compromises/trade-offs.

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AtlasP said:

How many miles does one get on an average Tesla compared to the average Toyota Corolla? /rhetorical

New technologies often come with compromises/trade-offs.

I was referring to their prices for their existing models not the v11, i thought that was clear.  I have no comment on the cost of the v11 until we get some real feedback on how well it works.  However; the company's pricing typically does not align with Wh compared to the rest of the industry. 

13 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I believe 120km is not a joke. Inmotion should be commended for providing the criteria for that range. If you read the spec's, it clearly states the rider weight and a riding speed of 20km/h

At 20km/h the V11 most certainly could go 120km.

Sadly, when the Z10 have been announce Ninebot said it was a 100km range, and we all see the result which is for me the only default of this wonderfull wheel :'(

The Z10 can make at big max a 60-70km with a Pilot of 70kg with full gears and not going faster than 15km/h in perfect driving conditions on a perfect road. 

And your average speed should be less than 15kmkm/h to succed to do it. So for most people a real 40km range is the max in real life condition.

So for now that's why i don't believe that riding at top speed or a average speed of 40-45km/h could be possible for more than 60 km with the V11, but i would be so happy if i'm wrong :clap3:

Edited by GyroRideRz
  • Like 1

I just felt all the information was a bit "fuddled". That range looks impossible until you read the small print. The 7800 lux headlamp just makes you think "what the hell are lux?" and how does  it relate to the lumen that all other other wheel headlamps are measured in? At least the speed is at least given in traditional kph but without any further info it's still a bit meaningless. Even the suspension, it's whole reason d'etra, isn't shown working. In fact we don't see the wheel moving at all. It's just magically picked up from behind a box. Is the wheel safe to ride with suspension? Was the rider kitted out in full body armour and full face helmet to make it across the floor without killing himself or was it really just an exo suit to help lift that 27Kg onto the stand?

Ok, as a beginner that couldn't use his v5 for more than 8 days before we were locked down  at home, my opinion is that the suspension of the v11 will make it a success or a failure. If suspension is something that really makes a wheel much better (comfortable, efficient, safer, nimbler...) then many people will pay the price, if it just makes it different but not in a way that the wheel feels better, it will sell at a lower price. If the suspension starts to show problems, then Inmotion will be in serious trouble.

they say invested a lot of time (and resources probably) in this air/spring suspension.
Please give them credit until first units are sold and real world tests are made ....

Edited by Meserias
  • Like 1

Disappointed in the battery size, the price, and the lack of side lights....but I guess with the inclusion of suspension on an EUC there was going to be concessions.

I'm glad that Inmotion has prioritized keeping the EUC as slim as possible, it's one thing that sets them apart from most other companies. Still though it's not the most innovative or inspired looking wheel, feels like 2014 concept art that never got finalized (AKA "Solowheel Xtreme 2"). Still not the ugliest EUC though, the Nikola maintains that title by a huge margin.

I'm optimistically awaiting reviews to blow me away and defy my expectations.

If you never hear about lux as light source measurement then I  don't know what they teach people in school. 

It shouldn't be that hard to google a description of lux either. When I grew up all light sources was measured in lux. 

In short lux is amount of light in an area. Lumenes is only the total light. If you want to see an area lux is the way to measure

Which makes sense to use this as their light seems to spread light more than other wheels.  This way they could end up with a bigger number. But if you compare the power it is still a bright lamp unit (as it holds at least 2 lights sources). 18 w on less is bound to give a bright wide area when having both wide beam and a long beam.

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1

So how does 7800 Lux compare to say the 16X or MSX or indeed any wheel? If all they wanted was a bigger number to quote then I go back to my point about information that is aimed to confuse. I do know what Lux are, I just see it as a pointless number to give especially considering all other wheels are measured in Lumen. The V10F for instance was 520 Lumen. So how does the V11 headlamp compare to the V10F? Nobody knows.

PS I do like the look of the wheel even though I can't afford it. I do object a little bit to being drip fed questionable info. I also find it hard to believe they're selling the wheel but can't yet show it working.

25 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

So how does 7800 Lux compare to say the 16X or MSX or indeed any wheel? If all they wanted was a bigger number to quote then I go back to my point about information that is aimed to confuse. I do know what Lux are, I just see it as a pointless number to give especially considering all other wheels are measured in Lumen. The V10F for instance was 520 Lumen. So how does the V11 headlamp compare to the V10F? Nobody knows.

PS I do like the look of the wheel even though I can't afford it. I do object a little bit to being drip fed questionable info. I also find it hard to believe they're selling the wheel but can't yet show it working.

All we really have is this slide. MSP has now a very bright light also, but looks like V11 might be even brighter and especially has a good lens to spread it evenly. We shall see after the reviews. Very likely the best head light in the industry. At least on par with MSP. And way better than all the others. 

30B19E8B-15F5-4DF6-9A65-FB93F7B50467.jpeg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

I also find it hard to believe they're selling the wheel but can't yet show it working.

Pre orders will be slow I expect till proof of its functionality can be seen

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

If you never hear about lux as light source measurement then I  don't know what they teach people in school. 

It shouldn't be that hard to google a description of lux either. When I grew up all light sources was measured in lux. 

In short lux is amount of light in an area. Lumenes is only the total light. If you want to see an area lux is the way to measure

Which makes sense to use this as their light seems to spread light more than other wheels.  This way they could end up with a bigger number. But if you compare the power it is still a bright lamp unit (as it holds at least 2 lights sources). 18 w on less is bound to give a bright wide area when having both wide beam and a long beam.

Went through AP Organic Chem 1/2, AP Physics plus advanced science classes in High School (Grade 9-12) then through a full Electrical Engineering BoS degree at UT Austin.....never once did Lux or Lumens come up.

In fact I didn't study or know about Lux or Lumens until I started to get into videography and higher end flashlights on my own. So I'm not sure why you think this is common knowledge.

In my opinion Lumen or Candelas (total potential light output) are more useful when talking about a light source like we see on EUCs.

Lux and Footcandles are pretty much useless without a specified distance given attached to that number. That 7800 Lux figure is most likely them putting a Lux Meter right at the lens of the headlight......which might as well be as useful as a lumens figure. At 50 ft away the headlight on the V11 could be as low as 200 Lux for all we know, they just wanted a large flashy number that really doesn't mean much.

Edited by tenofnine

1 hour ago, mike_bike_kite said:

. I also find it hard to believe they're selling the wheel but can't yet show it working.

48 minutes ago, Gaz Bon said:

Pre orders will be slow I expect till proof of its functionality can be seen

I sent a message to an Aliexpress company that is currently taking V11 preorders. The site states the V11 will be available the end of April. :blink1:

I questioned how his company could have access to the new V11 that early when it is common knowledge that the soonest the wheel will be available to customers is the end of June... possibly July/August. Waiting for a reply. :popcorn:

49738404881_ff7906d87f_b.jpg

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, tenofnine said:

Went through AP Organic Chem 1/2, AP Physics plus advanced science classes in High School (Grade 9-12) then through a full Electrical Engineering BoS degree at UT Austin.....never once did Lux or Lumens come up.

LOL

I don't recall it coming up in Computer Science either but I did look at the Wikipedia pages before posting and could see immediately that the two systems are not comparable as they stand.

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

But then you probably didn't pay attention at school too, because the question has been around for some time.
I would have googled it faster than you if I wanted to. :P ;)

• Like 2