WaveCut

30 minutes ago, Dave Wood said:

ok fair enough so why were people complaining about it's price, it's no more expensive than the new gotway.. you get slightly bigger battery in the m super pro or you get a revolutionary new innovation (suspension) in the V11 for the same price, doesn't seem that unreasonable.. in other words it was people bitching for the sake of bitching.

I agree. If the suspension is that big of a game changer this could be a good deal. We'll see what KS comes out with this week though. Exciting times for new EUCs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I think you have preconceived notions about me and that's coloring your opinion about what I've written. I just reviewed my commentary in this threat. I've written positive commentary about the wheel, even defending it. My negative comments have been regarding price.

It's mind boggling that you attribute what I've written as "trashing the wheel".

preconceived notions? coloring my opinion? i honestly can't rell if your serious or if you just  think im a idiot and trying to patronize me?  Iv no preconceived notions about you actually i like  your work and i subscribe to your channel even,  you were negative to a lot more than just price.. battery, range, motor, just a few of things you were negative towards and you know it, probably why you've just ' reviewed' your comments ey ;) 

BTW i wasnt the only one who's expressed a similar opinion on this thread so i guess my opinion isn't that coloured after all 

14 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

I can see the “spec sheet effect” happening here. The same has happened with digital cameras 2000-2010 (megapixel wars) and with smartphones 2010-2020 (RAM, PPI, memory, mAh, inches). People compare spec sheet numbers and then fight about it online. The usual argument is “you can get more gigaturds for less money if you buy Brand 16407XL, therefore anybody buying Brand X is stupid!” People lose sight of the big picture and cannot comprehend that spec numbers don’t tell the whole story. 

Some companies exaggerate/ lie about their numbers way more than others. That is why we listen to what people have to say on forums that complain a lot. 

• Like 1

Just now, RockyTop said:

????? Wait ,...  I thought this was a forum. Where am I??  
@Dave Wood I had a good friend in Georgia named David wood. You name keeps catching my eye. 
I think that we are mostly good natured here. @Marty Backe usually doesn’t bite.

He stands up for the truth. I have never been more proud of him than the day he stood up to a manufacturer that tried to rewrite history. He kept the less informed better prepared for the future BS that this particular manufacturer was spinning. 
I hope that InMotion comes out with something that changes the EUC world forever. I hope they dominate the market with the best EUCs ever. I am just not getting my hopes up yet. To be fair other manufacturers have let us down before.

I think that most of us are just trying to prepare other riders for what to expect from their wheels. We hate to hear post that say: I weigh 220 ponds and my wheel keeps overheating or blowing boards. Or .  Why doesn’t Gotway fix these stupid Axle nuts!??  If we don’t complain then they are not going to fix it. 

I agree and yeah Marty seems like a good genuine guy who iv a ton of respect for, for what he's done/does for this community,  it's nothing personal atleast not from my end,  i just felt he wasnt been fair so called him up on it (i wasn't the only one). As for the individual brands, none of them are perfect but their all pushing each other by competing against each other which can only be a good thing so as riders we should want all of the main manufacturers to be successful

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

I was just riding today for work related stuff. I ended up doing 30 km just going from a to b to c and back to a. Every time I hit a curb I was thinking about the V11 and how it would make this kind of riding so  much nicer. Suddenly there was only one feature in my mind and it didn’t matter if the Wh or top speed on the spec sheet were smaller than some other wheels. I think suspension is worth the cost. 

I had a very nice chat with an Inmotion sale key account manager.  

I suggest to him that they start explaining and showcase the value of buying the V11. By doing this you will get to the exact same thing you posted above. 

I we t fir a ride today on my KS16X and was trying to climb a curb no more than 4cm high. But since I were riding in a area of cubble stones and at very slow speed it trapped my wheels to follow a cubble stone ridge making the attack angle very wrong. And of course I went down. I saw the risk but decided to take the challenge and lost. 

The good part is I now know my new mc suit works great. Only dust marks on it and a tiny scuff mark on my KS16X. It will survive my abuse. Some have handle worse falls I am sure. 

But just like you it was naggg6my mind, I wounder if the V11 would have made it. I expect it would for 2 reasons. Suspension and bigger rim. 

Now the bigger question as I sat down on the couch is I wounder what KS bring to the table in a few days.

I don't think they embrace the midrange commuter as well as Inmotion have done with V11. 

But in a few days we might know more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave Wood said:

ok fair enough so why were people complaining about it's price, it's no more expensive than the new gotway.. you get slightly bigger battery in the m super pro or you get a revolutionary new innovation (suspension) in the V11 for the same price, doesn't seem that unreasonable.. in other words it was people bitching for the sake of bitching.

A new MSP (100-volt 1800wh) can be purchased, delivered to your door, for $2000. IMO, this is not a "slightly bigger battery" for the same price.

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

A new MSP (100-volt 1800wh) can be purchased, delivered to your door, for $2000. IMO, this is not a "slightly bigger battery" for the same price.

Maybe @Marty Backe. I do think that from the rides you do it would be a better choice, from what we know so far. 

There is just two things, and that is first it doesn't have suspension and it is a GW. 

For some that perfect, but for others that is not as important as a battery increase. 

Now I agree that you didn't say it was junk. And I gave you credit for it. But as an innovation I do think being scepticism is a good thing but only to a certain degree. 

I think in the like of when people rode cycles on solid rubber wheels compared to inflatable tires. The argument would be easy to say that is can puncture anytime. However benefit to ride comfort have been so big that we now use inflatable tires in many places. Same goes with suspension on cycles or mtb. I know they have bigger wheels and pedal high is different. But still  once we see reviews we get a hint on how things works in real life situations.

I view suspension as more important than 10-15% battery. Mainly as we are past the barrier of where battery is enough for my needs. Similar to what @UniVehje posted above. 

I wounder how long it takes before we all ride suspension wheels...my bet 1 or 2 generation later it will be more the normal than old non-suspension designs. 

• Like 3

Wow this thread has a lot of emotion attached to it.

Guys if the worst thing that happens in our week is that In-motion release a new wheel, we have a pretty good life!

For my part, I am curious about the suspension - if it works, it could be a game changer. It's the first genuine unique innovation I have seen in Electric Unicycles in some time.

I wanna test it, and see how it affects the ride. I still fear tree root jumps on pavement sending me two feet in the air like what happened to @meepmeepmayer.

I agree the wheel seems pricey, and more to the point seems heavy which worries me...

• Like 3

On 4/4/2020 at 11:58 PM, Liamfind said:

We change the mechanism about on and off the light, which seems more reasonable for most of the riders.

V11 on and off

Turn on: Long press to power on

Turn off: Long press to power off

Front Light on and off

One short press to turn on the headlight (At the same time, the fan will be activated for cooling)

One short press to turn off the headlight (The fan will also be disable )

@Liamfind Thank-you for this clarification. The long-press for power seems safer at the expense of convenience (I do enjoy the short-press power toggle during multi-mode commuting with the V8). I understand why most people prefer long-press power and now the V11 powers on the same way as most other EUCs, so it would appear that this is now the industry standard.

A couple more questions about the lights, if you don't mind detailing:

Do the low-power lights always remain on?
Is there a way to turn them off, perhaps through the app?

Is there a way adjust the angle of the front light, in case we find ourselves blinding on-comers?
This is particularly important during long down-hill sections.

Thanks!

• Like 1

I think the design reminds me OLD classic cars with the pronounced headlights and fins. I wasnt born until late 70's, so my youth didnt have any cool cars like that. Im glad a wheel with suspension finally came out. SOMEONE is now the guinea pig and only good things can come. At best, it spurs an entire revolution of wheels that are another choice. Hell, maybe its ability to manage curbs will allow a model to be REALLY heavy and not even notice? Funny how its marketed as OFF-ROAD, but jumping curbs and having car type lights are what everyones wondering about. Perhaps we are seeing the beginnings of a design type that will become the ultimate crossover? OR.. its a bad idea and innovation just saved all the other companies (and us) a TON of money, by NOT chasing the idea.   I dont have the skill nor the money to worry about it. Someone here has the ability to 'roll the dice' and buy into it.  For now, Im primarily flat street at speeds, so its not my target. However, as my skill improves and I adventure out more, I'm sure other priorities will emerge.    I think its up to the company to PROVE to me, that they havent made a piece of crap. Critical people sometimes feel this way. As such, it will get bashed, until it proves otherwise. Some people are very positive in thoughts and rather assume things are great until proven otherwise.  I recognize both mentalities and a company should EMBRACE the feedback from both sides. Fwiw, winning over a critical person is MORE a testament to a product, than merely placating a positive thinker. I have bashed and praised this wheel, both, and I dont know shit. I do know that people seem emotionally attached to it already, and thats a great thing for innovation.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

31 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

What do you guys think about the look of this wheel? I was unsure at first but I'm starting to like it more and more, looking at this picture for example.

Pretty simple and form-follows-function, if you think about it. A circular wheel, emphasized by the circular side panel, then a light/electronics assembly on top of it, and then the suspension/handle floating on top of it. Nice, readable, sleek! The only complaint I have is no wider body meaning more battery, but they weren't going for that anyways.

Despite the "offroad" marketing, this looks one good seat option away from being the perfect commuting wheel.

148B0C54-3318-444F-B3DE-79088224B785_102

(Image from Speedy Feet, but he stole it from somewhere else if you see the watermark:innocent1:)

I like the looks. Very unique and rugged looking. I think this is computer model picture and not real wheel, but I could be wrong. The tire has this 3D modeling look to it. Remember the early "pictures" of the Z10? Same think. The actual tire looked much different.

But anyway, it's a nice looking wheel.

• Like 2