WaveCut

On 4/4/2020 at 7:54 PM, Hatchet said:

I say cut Inmotion some slack and give them credit for pushing the EUC forward with some innovation. I want to see this bad boy in action. I definitely wish all the manufacturers were trying new things, the EUC is getting a bit stale design wise and needs more QoL improvements. Another row of bloody rainbow lights ain't gonna cut it.:efefb6a84e:

We pound on Gotway (and to a lesser extent KingSong) all day long. Why do we have to treat Inmotion with kid gloves? They're big boys. They can handle it.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

We pound on Gotway (and to a lesser extent KingSong) all day long. Why do we have to treat Inmotion with kid gloves? They're big boys. They can handle it.

I would agree with you that I have no interest in getting this wheel, but that's probably because I have never really yearned for this type of suspension on any EUC I own.

I like the connected feeling that most EUC give and the tactile feedback of riding in a very active way. I don't ever feel any pain or discomfort from turbulance unless I ride for 20+ miles and that is really rare for me.

Inmotion just needs to recoup the cost of R&D spent finally applying suspension to an EUC. And I'm sure knowing their track record they went 200% further than a company like Gotway would go on something this novel. Still it's way too expensive and prices (and weight) in this range are starting to intersect with more premium and tested devices like high end e-bike, mopeds,  e-motorcycles, etc. Those have more range, better suspension, and so on.

Obviously at this price it's still going to be worth it since it's in a unique package that is the EUC, so I hope it finds success and maybe pushes more companies to innovate.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bigwave said:

I'm glad you didn't end up tossing it away. The kid would have been scared for life....:facepalm: 

But seriously , I looked at those pics and i'm very surprised anything could have happened at all. It doesn't even look like anything threatening . I agree , the suspension would have possibly reduced an issue like this. Surprises like that can ruin a day.....

In the hindsight I am not surprised. I were pushing the wheel on an incline and when you hit these the wheel will be launched upwards. I have gone back to riding with a bit more tire pressure to avoid rim damage on hitting a curb. So it is slightly more bouncy now. So with wheel tilted forward and now clear of the ground it will go to max acceleration. 

This hole thing happen so fast I didn't realise it until I saved it. 

But had this happen in my first 1000km I would not know how to pull this off. I know better but it is like that first mc ride after a winter. You give a little more gas and being rusty in skills you over do it ...just on the edge.

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

nobodies asking anybody to treat them with kid gloves, i think his point was you as a well respected member of this community and reviewer you should try be unbiased instead of slagging off a machine you'd never even seen ridden nevermind tested yourself..  your already dismissing it off as junk so why would anybody send you a wheel to review when you'd just most likely trash it because you'd already made your mind up about it...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dave Wood said:

nobodies asking anybody to treat them with kid gloves, i think his point was you as a well respected member of this community and reviewer you should try be unbiased instead of slagging off a machine you'd never even seen ridden nevermind tested yourself..  your already dismissing it off as junk so why would anybody send you a wheel to review when you'd just most likely trash it because you'd already made your mind up about it...

I do think this is a fair point.

On the other hand @Marty Backe didn't say it was junk just that it didn't have his interest and after all there is a cost too to consider. 

Now @Marty Backe have tested Inmotion before and the V10F just didn't do well enough to buy one. We all have different things we want. 

I like my V10f (nov2019 build) a lot. But it serves a different purpose than my KS16X that I find to have the most fun on. 

The only major issue here is again as usual weatherproofing. It simply have go be better with an actual rating so as a customer you can claim warranty if it doesn't hold up. 

Especially in a price range of $2000+ mark. Imho. It is 2020 after all. 

• Like 2

Normal air suspension setings (MTB) is 20-35% if you sit on. This mean 3 of 7 centimeters just stayng on EUC flat road. 4 Cm left for suspension obstackles curb ETC. 

I not belive this system can handle person 115+Kg/260+lbs. If i imagine jump of 10 cm jump of curb suspension hit hard max range and smash pieces against others suspension parts. If 120Kg with gear person jump this curb is 210Kg impact force( this example is tire on 60+ psi for science to not count energy absorbcion by TIRE).

If is weight adjustable by pumping air up or down. And can handle this hard hits is good candidate to change my V10F MAYBEE in future. 

One thing all people here forgot in countries like Czech Republic is none gotway or kingsong official stores. V11 is here against others low cost EUC, inmotion product line and only ninebot Z10 is only competitor. Think this way. Inmotion can have big success with V11 on this markets.

I give link here like proof   https://elektricke-jednokolky.heureka.cz/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dave Wood said:

@Marty Backe didn't like the Nikola when it was announced ... now it is his favourite wheel. :wub:

• Like 3

I remember a lot of people laughing about the pathetic hill climbing ability of this wheel based on the presentation numbers.

Could be too little evident and too soon to say, but the video above looks more impress than Kuji Rolls climbing the stairs in 16X review video.

Nobody say that this is better than Gotway or Kingsong top dogs, but trashing the wheel  based on old generations, before we have any evident is a bit unfair? :)

• Like 2

Not sure if anyone shared this, but Jack had a podcast with evX about their thoughts on it too.

Just doin a shoutout since FINALLY THE TORONTO CREW GETS SOME SHINE! Even though he moved and....uh.... Anyways.

4 hours ago, Dave Wood said:

I dismissed it as junk??? Please, don't lie to others about what I've written or said about Inmotion products.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I dismissed it as junk??? Please, don't lie to others about what I've written or said about Inmotion products.

not in as many words but you've certainly done nothing but trash it in this thread

I suggest looking around at the products that people keep in their stable.  If InMotion made a wheel that I can use in the same way as I use my Kingsong and Gotway wheels I would buy it. So far they have not done that. Their wheels  can’t take MY abuse. It is that simple. 

Well!!!!! STOP ABUSING YOUR WHEELS!!!!

No! 

21 minutes ago, Dave Wood said:

Positive news,  Price seems to of dropped to  below the £2000 mark now, atleast on the speedyfeet website

Good for you, but speedyfeet was never known for having low prices:

image.png.ea55cdca348af1ec77dea5e9550fc734.png

image.png.6e76ffc55648a1590ac5b28817ac0632.png

20 minutes ago, SamSuffit said:

Good for you, but speedyfeet was never known for having low prices:

think your kinda missing the point.... people were complaining it was to expensive at 2300, now its dropped to below 2000 at multiple vendors including speedyfeet & erides.in the uk/eu,

Edited by Dave Wood

5 minutes ago, Dave Wood said:

think your kinda missing the point.... people were complaining it was to expensive at 2300, now its dropped to below 2000 at multiple vendors including speedyfeet & erides.in the uk/eu,

Not sure where you see a drop in price:

image.png.4b8cef3c1893ed5e2d796f37537d09da.png

5 minutes ago, Dave Wood said:

I think they introduce it at US $2300 isn't it? not £

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave Wood said:

not in as many words but you've certainly done nothing but trash it in this thread

I think you have preconceived notions about me and that's coloring your opinion about what I've written. I just reviewed my commentary in this threat. I've written positive commentary about the wheel, even defending it. My negative comments have been regarding price.

It's mind boggling that you attribute what I've written as "trashing the wheel".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phong Vu said:

I think they introduce it at US $2300 isn't it? not £

ok fair enough so why were people complaining about it's price, it's no more expensive than the new gotway.. you get slightly bigger battery in the m super pro or you get a revolutionary new innovation (suspension) in the V11 for the same price, doesn't seem that unreasonable.. in other words it was people bitching for the sake of bitching.

• Like 2