WaveCut

7 hours ago, Unventor said:

.... Using more lightweight materials will right now ramp up cost a lot. It might be the next step in innovation we can ask for :rolleyes:

In the interview of Charles Cai (InMotion CEO, there YouTube), it seems that InMotion had a plan to launch 4 products in 2019-20, V8F (done), V11 (presented), evolution of V5 (to come, discussed here, someone have news ?) and an high end model with a $15.000 price tag :efeebb3acc: 

I guess this mean carbon fiber everywhere, titanium parts...    ???

Otherwise one design flaw on the V11 IMO, the front light should have been on the upper, to be suspended like the rider.

It then won't blink (light) as a stroboscope on uneven road, not to mention "off road".

10 minutes ago, Camenbert said:

In the interview of Charles Cai (InMotion CEO, there YouTube), it seems that InMotion had a plan to launch 4 products in 2019-20, V8F (done), V11 (presented), evolution of V5 (to come, discussed here, someone have news ?) and an high end model with a $15.000 price tag :efeebb3acc: 

I guess this mean carbon fiber everywhere, titanium parts...    ???

Otherwise one design flaw on the V11 IMO, the front light should have been on the upper, to be suspended like the rider.

It then won't blink (light) as a stroboscope on uneven road, not to mention "off road".

I suspect that high-end model is likely to be something like this...

bmw-electric-concept.jpg

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Camenbert said:

I think this is major design flaw. In my opinion everything except tire and motor should be suspended because the lighter the tire (and other parts what is not suspended) is, the better it follows road bumps and potholes and therefore feels smoother. On V11 design, only upper shell, pedals and rider is suspended.

But still, this seems a huge step forward and pushes euc development further. I don't say the V11's design is bad, but it could be better.

1 hour ago, Jason McNeil said:
  • In the 3D rendered images, the tire appears unique to V11, what type of tire is the Wheel shipped with?
    It’s expected this will be a standard Chao Yang/Kenda 18×3″ similar to the Gotway MSX/MSP.

16 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

I truly hope they won’t cripple the off-road ideology with the MSX tire.

Inmotion! Give us a dirt tire option!

Looks like a huge pain to swap tires on V11... it would be a big plus it if were available with a knobby tire installed by the factory, and there are plenty of China-market tires for that size.

(I ride C186 for all surfaces, and wouldn't consider going back to a street tire ever again :))

Please let know me if there's any specific questions to ask to our IM contacts :) 

• GX12-3 charging connectors? (Presumably yes?)
  • Bluetooth speakers? (Presumably no?)
  • IP55 confirmed or at least confirmed as being sought? (Presumably being sought?)
  • Seat? (Presumably no?)

There is a chance that we will not be successful in these efforts, in which case, there will be the equivalent in store for the difference in price…

Can you elaborate on what this means? ;-) :-p

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Whoa, ok, I'm starting to believe in this wheel!

D.A.M.N.:dribble:

I'm not even that impressed by the super stable pedals, but by how controlled the descent is - no wheel runaway at the slightest! Super slow and controlled!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Inmotion! Give us a dirt tire option!

Looks like a huge pain to swap tires on V11... it would be a big plus it if were available with a knobby tire installed by the factory, and there are plenty of China-market tires for that size.

(I ride C186 for all surfaces, and wouldn't consider going back to a street tire ever again :))

I like the standard tyre best. :wub:

A knobby tyre is really bad on road.

22 minutes ago, Nic said:

I like the standard tyre best. :wub:

A knobby tyre is really bad on road.

The h-666 is a good multipurpose tire. I’ve recently installed it on my msx in place of a knobby tire.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

I think you are going a bit far with the race car ideology. Do remember that up to this point the unsuspended weight of every EUC has included the tire, motor, batteries, inner and outer shells, pedals and their brackets, and a rider with 5-10 times the weight of the whole EUC.

Okay. I agree I went a bit too far. But I'm just saying it could be better.

And I'm wondering why they didn't go with this design in the early prototype of V11 in this video:

It's excatly what I want. Battery, frame, electronics and pedals are suspended. Only motor and tire isn't. Wouldn't it be easy to attach shell, batteries etc etc... to the U-frame you can see on the video? Maybe there is some big issue with that design wich they realized and changed their plans. I don't know.

Do remember that up to this point the unsuspended weight of every EUC has included the tire, motor, batteries, inner and outer shells, pedals and their brackets, and a rider with 5-10 times the weight of the whole EUC. Wether the unsuspended weight is 10kg or 20kg could probably be felt, but for the speeds, how and where we ride, I’m certain that it really doesn’t matter enough to be called a flaw, let alone a major one.

This is true. Difference between euc with suspension and euc without suspension is big and the ~20kg unsuspended mass propably isn't big deal in the riding feeling, but there is still space for development. In my opinion it's still at least a small flaw.

What do you think about the videos we’ve now seen on the V11, does the suspension seem lacking in a major way?

No. It doesn't seem to lacking in major way. It looks great! And I'm even considering buying this wheel. But I can't say what it feels like based on videos.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Price Drop

I had asked Jason if the US price was going to be more competitive than the MSRP of $2300. Apparently he had been agitating for a lower price.

Looks like the cost is now indeed $2000.

Inmotion does listen to the market :thumbup:

I hope they also drop the UK price to the equivalent ... in fact worldwide. :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nic said:

I hope they also drop the UK price to the equivalent ... in fact worldwide. :)

It was already listed on Speedyfeet's website at the lower price. Not including VAT of course. So it's probably $2k worldwide. 

10 hours ago, RockyTop said:

I am a utilitarian. Remember that really pretty girl that you met, only to find out that she is the meanest most hateful person you ever met? She is not so pretty any more is she?

My wife is still pretty!:)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rehab1 said:

My wife is still pretty!:)

So how does she feel about EUCs with suspension built-in?

:rolleyes:

This time she is bound to see a difference or....?

:ph34r:

• Like 1