WaveCut

14 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I sent a message to an Aliexpress company that is currently taking V11 preorders. The site states the V11 will be available the end of April. :blink1:

I questioned how his company could have access to the new V11 that early when it is common knowledge that the soonest the wheel will be available to customers is the end of June... possibly July/August. Waiting for a reply. :popcorn:

49738404881_ff7906d87f_b.jpg

Just a fraud seller

• Like 1

@Liamfind Do you have an approximate time frame when your company expects the V11 to become available to customers?  Thanks

2 minutes ago, WaveCut said:

Just a fraud seller

So I should ask for a refund? ;)

Edited by Rehab1

After a lot of successive bumps/hits if the suspension gets out of sync you can have a dangerous pogo effect. Sorta like a tank slapper on a bike. If they designed it for off-road then I'm sure they took this into consideration. That being said no suspension setup is ever perfect. 

1 hour ago, phatmike said:

I appears the suspension system works!:thumbup:  You can clearly see the downward translation  of the pedals upon landing. 

49739282377_edb4710712_c.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I appears the suspension system works!:thumbup:  You can clearly see the downward diversion of the pedals upon landing. 

Maybe it's just my eyes, but I see an enormous delay in compression. When he's riding down the curb, the compression is not on impact, it's a short delay. The same thing when he drives up the curb. Can't explain it exactly, but somehow it doesn't look right to me. 

5 minutes ago, buell47 said:

Maybe it's just my eyes, but I see an enormous delay in compression. When he's riding down the curb, the compression is not on impact, it's a short delay. The same thing when he drives up the curb. Can't explain it exactly, but somehow it doesn't look right to me. 

When he's riding down the curb, I can see that the suspension released (while on air) and then compressed again when hit the ground.
Looks pretty good to me.

• Like 1

As a complete newbie, I really like the suspension idea on a unicycle, especially on uneven road ; Citroen comfort for everyone.

I am more worry about the 27kg, this might be too much for a first wheel, if not to learn...

• Like 2

wowwowwow! What strikes me about the video is actually the lack of 'reverb' from the suspension after the initial, singular compression and rebound--very, very impressive. (This is a difference using something like air shocks versus just springs which would bounce more back and forth.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

I appears the suspension system works!

I have no doubt after a year in development it works. The question is, how well does it work for a wide range of riders. :confused1:

• Like 1

No more trying to bunny hop 27kg up a curb ... well impressed. Given the suspension will increase comfort it should be possible to run the tyres at higher pressure which will reduce rolling resistance, this might be enough to make up for the smaller battery.

@Marty Backe will be getting out his credit card as we speak.:popcorn:

Edited by Nic
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Camenbert said:

As a complete newbie, I really like the suspension idea on a unicycle, especially on uneven road ; Citroen comfort for everyone.

I am more worry about the 27kg, this might be too much for a first wheel, if not to learn...

It's absolutly not a wheel to learn... You will destroy it.

If you are looking for your first wheel you should learn few months on a 16" like a V8 or a KS16S...

Edited by Hirsute
  • Like 3

I'm curious about the weight of the rider, it would be really nice (though maybe unrealistic at this stage) to be able to firm / loosen up the suspension for heavy riders or off road conditions.

I genuinely hope they did this well, because seeing the positive reaction will prompt the other manufacturers to adopt suspension as well, and competition is good for all concerned. I'm a city rider / commuter, been saving up for a KS16x but If this wheel is as well engineered as I think Inmotion is capable of, it'll be my next wheel, ugh! have to save a lot more though. I started out pretty unimpressed, but now I'm kind of excited for it.

I want to see how it stand up to Kuji's abuse, that guy is fearless.

• Like 1

I went on a pleasure cruise today on my KS16X. Had an amazing ride.  I went to a central park in Gothenburg called Slottsskogen. 

In is more or less a mountain ridge in the centre of the city. They have persevered it as a forest area with a semi zoo of animals and tree types. Most pathways are asphalted sore are not. 

So why bring this up here....?

On my way there I am passing a couple with a baby trolley. As I pass then I start to accelerate then hitting 3 tree roots that pushed up the asphalt. I had seen them ("sort of") but not thinking they were any issue. Until I bunched up in air slipping 2" forward on pedals and result in massive beeping acceleration being even harder hit the next root. This in a matter of less than 1m.

I had a massive wobble. Feet placement are not good at all I am still increasing speed while going uphill on a fair incline. 

Only the build in body reaction after 4000km helped me save it...maybe some luck too. 

But seeing that Inmotion video, I can't stop thinking the it would probably been much safe in that situation. This is why I post it here. I really wish I could test this new thing out, but I doubt this is going to happen. I have no dealer in vicinity  nor am I part of a big local community either.

I post the euc.world recording of the ride. It have pictures of those killer roots. But they are har to sports. It is about 2-3km into the ride I guess. I went back to photo so you see a small break on the graphs.

https://euc.world/tour/585263397830226

Somehow that suspension just drags my interest. If only they had weatherproofed it more....

@Liamfind that tiny video posted above here, that is what you need to tell people about and show it up.

And that the pedals don't crack that you have strengthened that part too (hopefully). As people would like to ride off curbs more now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

And that the pedals don't crack that you have strengthened that part too (hopefully). As people would like to ride off curbs more now.

The pedals on the V11 get much less stress from curbs and any other riding situation, since all ground events are now separated from the rider. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Unventor said:

On my way there I am passing a couple with a baby trolley

I'm glad you didn't end up tossing it away. The kid would have been scared for life....:facepalm: 

But seriously , I looked at those pics and i'm very surprised anything could have happened at all. It doesn't even look like anything threatening . I agree , the suspension would have possibly reduced an issue like this. Surprises like that can ruin a day.....

7 hours ago, Nic said:

No more trying to bunny hop 27kg up a curb ... well impressed. Given the suspension will increase comfort it should be possible to run the tyres at higher pressure which will reduce rolling resistance, this might be enough to make up for the smaller battery.

@Marty Backe will be getting out his credit card as we speak.:popcorn:

I do have to budget and therefore can't buy every wheel that comes out. For me, the limited battery size is a deal breaker, particularly for a $2300 wheel. The credit card is staying in the wallet for this one.