WaveCut

3 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

That's pretty awesome! I think despite some of the battery size complaints in relation to the initial price point, they really are doing a great job on build quality. And including necessary accessories to enjoy the wheel.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Brandin J. Mercer said:

That's pretty awesome! I think despite some of the battery size complaints in relation to the initial price point, they really are doing a great job on build quality. And including necessary accessories to enjoy the wheel.

I agree. It does appear to be a totally different suspension system than Kingsong’s S18.

49757443417_4d4cd01be7_w.jpg

Hopefully the air pump can also be used to adjust the tire pressure. Carrying around one pump is bad enough... but 2 pumps?:wacko:

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I agree. It does appear to be a totally different suspension system than Kingsong’s S18. Hopefully the air pump can also be used to adjust the tire pressure. Carrying around one pump is bad enough... but 2 pumps?:wacko:

Yea I'm more of a one pump chump myself..... wait.... :unsure:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Phong Vu said:

nice! free portable pump. :D 

Well, an air shock pump is more of a low volume high accuracy device, with a special engagement/release valve.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

49756602478_c837141db0_w.jpg

image.png.bece397da67f310411cae9927a0d9a0a.png

Looking at the pictures, I have 2 things which comes to mind after a while on suspension:

• :) good news: easy to ajust pressure, easier access for maintenance monitoring
  • :unsure: bad news:  this highly delicate and sensitive valve mecanism seems really close to the ground. So it could be easily damage while offroading, jumping curbs, or doing tricks

Am I paranoid?

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, SamSuffit said:

Am I paranoid?

I don’t think you are, I was thinking the same. If it doesn’t have a very sturdy cover that does not come off from a regular rocky kiss, this will be an issue for some riders.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SamSuffit said:

image.png.bece397da67f310411cae9927a0d9a0a.png

Looking at the pictures, I have 2 things which comes to mind after a while on suspension:

• :) good news: easy to ajust pressure, easier access for maintenance monitoring
  • :unsure: bad news:  this highly delicate and sensitive valve mecanism seems really close to the ground. So it could be easily damage while offroading, jumping curbs, or doing tricks

Am I paranoid?

I don’t think your being paranoid....just prudent.

A close up of the air valve assembly gives me the impression that there’s an aluminum bulkhead surrounding the valve. Unfortunately I can’t see the valve’s  recess. 

49759785858_d589fc9922_w.jpg

How this protective structure performs in real time is anybody’s guess.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Meserias said:

I'm thinking that tire width will actually protect that air knob and could not be easily hit by boulders or anything

This rear photo depicts that the air valve’s profile does not protude beyond the side panels which is favorable.

49759823528_a6b32243a7_m.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1

I just received an Instagram from Inmotionglobal about my concern over a  V11 suspension mounting screw that was missing. They agreed and fixed it. :thumbup:

49760590493_3aaeab769c_b.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 3

I'm still in search for the perfect commuter wheel for me to go to work with. The Nikola is not bad, but not perfect. I cruise only around 25-30mph to work so it's nice to know the Nikola has a bunch of headroom for bumps and stuff, but it is heavy, not the most nimble and not water resistant. Inmotions wheel (if the suspensions work) would've been perfect - a comfortable cruise to work, but like what everyone said, that headroom (35mph) would've been great!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Unventor said:

So can someone please explain this så I simply can't see any safety in raising to 35mph on the same construction.

To think this gives more headroom for safety sound like a failure of how the wherel works. I try to explain this way. Let's day at 30mph your wheel is at 85% of max torque it can do. You hit a bump or pot hole you have a safety margin from manufactor og 15% to maintain balance of a rider up to 120kg.keep in mind you cannot peak over 100% as then the wherl can't keep balance.

If you raise to 35mph and change nothing else.you might be at 95% of the performance. Keep in mind the energy is so much higher to raise 5mph the faster you go as energy increase isn't linear 1 to 1 with speed. 

So how someone can claim it is safer to raise top speed allowed is simply beyond me. 

Please do not turn this into another KS16X faceplant trap for a few extra mph. 

Respect that manufactor that don't have speed as first priority should not change their safety history and ruin their band value. 

If you want speed just buy GW and ride them. Because if speed gives you safety, they are the only true brand yo consider for YOU.

I think people soon will adapt to a ride style being even more aggressive when they don't have their teeth rattling at every pot hole. Suspension will remove some feel of the road and add the risk of peaks the wheel needs to be able to handle you didn't feel.

I do not have high top speed as priority. 50kmh is more that enough as I ride at 30-35kmh in general. But if people start face planting I will feel the adjustment IM will have to make to a void people hurting themself and their surroundings with a 27kg tumbling rogue wheel. 

They have had this in development for 2 years+. 

Despite this keep in mind that with new features, mechanics and electronics in a wheel comes also 1st batch issues when the wheel hit the public use and are not nursed inside what brand know to keep it at. 

If you wait out to buy suspension wheel be prepared to accept 1st batch issues. If you don't you are like to be disappointed and you really can only blame yourself as none forced you to buy 1st batch. 

I have done this twice. Twice I had issues requiring service a d even major service (several times too).

Now I seem to have settled on V11 solution as the better build as many of the point I have been asking for is in their solution.

I were planning to wait a bit but next week I know if I couldn't resist the feature of suspension. It depends if I managed to secure my order or not. 

lol, was going to say the same thing... raising a wheels top speed makes it LESS safe not more... it is the culmination of all components which decide a wheels top speed... if the manufacturer states 50, then they have tested it to be 50 (with a "safe" margin).... you can make a faster wheel, but its going to cost more.. or, you can do like gotway and make a faster wheel but cheap out on literally everything including assembly and QC. they do not want to make a faster wheel, they dont want people going faster than that, they probably wont for a long time.... that was never their intention. gotway focuses on speed or have mainly in the past, KS and IM focus on build quality and redundancy, while having a generally safe speed for all riders within spec.. asking for 5 kph more top speed is asking for a new wheel lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, davinche said:

I'm still in search for the perfect commuter wheel for me to go to work with. The Nikola is not bad, but not perfect. I cruise only around 25-30mph to work so it's nice to know the Nikola has a bunch of headroom for bumps and stuff, but it is heavy, not the most nimble and not water resistant. Inmotions wheel (if the suspensions work) would've been perfect - a comfortable cruise to work, but like what everyone said, that headroom (35mph) would've been great!

Inmotion purposely restrict their wheels for that reason so there's plenty of backup power for bumps, potholes, so you CAN cruise around the top speed safety, or atleast that's how my V10 works.. upping the top speed would REMOVE that safety blanket.

Edited by Dave Wood
  • Like 2