WaveCut

1 hour ago, Brandin J. Mercer said:

I'ts honestly going to be hard to choose between the Inmotion and Kingsong. Inmotion has polish, Kingsong has style.. and dat trolly handle!!! :efefae4566:

Why do you have to choose one or the other :confused1:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Thanks man. That think looks sick. 

9 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

I don't know why but I find it a little ironic hearing Chinese companies argue about copyright ;)

No doubt right. Lol

22 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

EEA448FC-741D-4731-B80B-979AAB38C4C2.jpeg

I guess we'll have to see what the internals of the inmotion wheel are like, but from the current looks of it they take two different approaches to suspension so I'm not sure what they stole.

From the looks of it the king songwheel looks like it would be more susceptible to serious damage from a bad fall.  That unprotected linkage looks like it could really get messed up while tumbling around, but I suppose a mountain bike can get f***** up in a bad fall too.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2020 at 5:10 AM, WaveCut said:

52AE405D-0A88-4E49-BF9B-6D872E4E9D8C.jpeg

Does anyone else think that kickstand should have a secondary latch to be on the safe side

I could easily see the notch wearing down over time and the kickstand getting loose as a result over time until one day it comes down while riding

Just now, Heyzeus said:

Does anyone else think that kickstand should have a secondary latch to be on the safe side

I could easily see the notch wearing down over time and the kickstand getting loose as a result over time until one day it comes down while riding

On that 3D render, the stand seems to be held up by both a nudge on the mudflap as well as the grooves on the attachment to the wheel body. Whether these will be enough even after a year or two remains to be seen. I wouldn't be surprised if a few riders take the whole stand off anyway. To me it doesn't look as classy as the rest of the wheel.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Heyzeus said:

it's a very minor thing to complain about don't you think? id imagine most would remove it anyway but if you want it on, it wouldn't be hard to diy it yourself, although im sure they'll of tested it thousands of times to make sure it works just fine

3 hours ago, mike_bike_kite said:

I don't know why but I find it a little ironic hearing Chinese companies argue about copyright ;)

"First you copy wrong, then you copyright" as the saying go..

Anyhow, while I get Inmotion would feel KS stole some of their thunder, it's not like "suspensions on a EUC" was a novel idea they could hold as exclusive. People have been asking for it for a long time. The very first day my brother saw my EUC he said it should have suspensions, same for my dad. As for tech the systems dont even look to be the same layout..

Edit: It is Gotway boss who is taking to occasion to rant on KS because of some 5 year old "hiring our engineer" feud.

Edited by null
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Heyzeus said:

52AE405D-0A88-4E49-BF9B-6D872E4E9D8C.thumb.jpeg.a8dd947354bb773754323cec82ae70f2.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Heyzeus said:

I looks to me in addition to the notch on the mudguard, there are also grooves on the hinge pieces. Though I guess they can also wear out over time.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Heyzeus said:

I think the V11 is quite an elegant looking wheel. but I'd of preferred something more rugged and minimalist for the stand like a more rugged and squared off mudguard. If I was commuting by wheel (and didn't have to carry it up stairs etc) then I'd be tempted.

15 minutes ago, Phong Vu said:

52AE405D-0A88-4E49-BF9B-6D872E4E9D8C.thumb.jpeg.a8dd947354bb773754323cec82ae70f2.jpeg

If that's really a latch on the mudguard, does that mean the mudguard is rigid? Really bad news in a fall.

Same with those "little" flaps holding the pivoting stand. Those could snap off during the first fall.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

On that 3D render, the stand seems to be held up by both a nudge on the mudflap as well as the grooves on the attachment to the wheel body. Whether these will be enough even after a year or two remains to be seen. I wouldn't be surprised if a few riders take the whole stand off anyway. To me it doesn't look as classy as the rest of the wheel.

I guess it does have some secondary notches then, Glad it's not just that one tiny one

9 hours ago, BruceCLin said:

I looks to me in addition to the notch on the mudguard, there are also grooves on the hinge pieces. Though I guess they can also wear out over time.

It almost certain has a ramp so that the ends of the U bend out and then spring back in when the reach the retaining groove. If properly engineered (right geometry, right material, right stand metal spring constant) this should wear out quickly. It's also easy to test such a mechanism over thousands of cycles during development to ensure it lasts.

The could have screwed up, but fundamentally, I see nothing wrong with this mechanism.

9 hours ago, Phong Vu said:

so what if it did? not like its a piece of fabric thats gonna jam itself up inside of the body.. you wouldnt even notice if it fell down

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Mesmerized by the epic jump video like many others, but as the hastily positioned slow motion editing made it unclear how the suspension behaves, I tried to edit the clip a bit. Perhaps interesting to some of you as well

holeh sheet... that was insane lol, i absolutely believe their claims about the travel.... i know theyre just doing it to showcase it on a prototype but i would definitely never be doing anything like that on a wheel lol, i feel so bad for the tire haha.. people are going to see these videos and i forsee a lot of blown tubes and dented rims in the near future lol, i mean that guy is probably 160 lbs at best

Screenshot (77).png