THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Since it wasn't the wheels fault I felt comfortable continuing the ride afterwards. After a little break to catch my breath :)

Thanks.

It is important to get up on the horse again asap (or wheel). But need to inspect wheel first if it is ridable.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Asphalt said:

It will be interesting to see how Veteran and other EUC manufacturers respond to these types of videos:

• Claim that the rider (280+ lbs) was outside design specs and make no changes
  • Design EUCs capable of handling aggressive heavy riders
  • Never again send a wheel to NYC for testing
  • Send every new wheel design to NYC for testing. Maybe this is NYCs version of Overheat Hill?
  • Acknowledge nothing (most likely)
  • They don't even know this happened (unless a dealer pries) because it's a world away for them

Or that;)

• Like 1

There was not a ton of margin between this guy and the bystander crossing the street - they were so focused on getting the shot that they totally ignored the risk to others! Can the rider control what happens to the wheel after he falls - what if it unexpectedly careens into they guy biking towards him or into traffic? IMO putting bystanders at risk like this is not cool...

• Like 2

On 6/19/2020 at 9:54 PM, Jon Stern said:

I looked at motorcycle airbag jackets. They all seem to require a tether, which isn't ideal. Also none of them seem to offer shoulder protection.

i had a look at them a year ago for my motor and EUC , I had contact with the vendor and manufacture but apparently they wouldn't work for EUC's, the explanation was somewhat technical and I forgot exactly why.. but falling of a motorbike is different then from a EUC.. btw not each time you jump of the wheel your airbag should be deployed, but it should when you jump of your motorbike ;) , there are different systems at hands but the one here I think you are unable to refold yourself, other airbags you buy folding it and chasing the Aircan.. but maybe over the year things have changed? I would probably end up buying one if they would work for EUC's too..

5 hours ago, Planemo said:

It was a scorcher here in the UK yesterday and we did an awesome epic 90 miler.

How many times did you have to stop to fast charge? 90 miles is indeed epic...

8 hours ago, Nic said:

How many times did you have to stop to fast charge? 90 miles is indeed epic...

Actually it appears to be nearer 100 according to other riders :shock2:

My legs were fried the day after. Werent as bad as I expected on the day though.

We charged twice for about 1.5hrs each time. We never went below 40% though (those of us that rode the full day) except a guy with a KS16X which was down to 15% and limiting to 15mph for the very last 6 or so miles. We should have let him charge longer, I think he was using less charge than our 6A chargers tbf.

Most of us were on 1800wh Niks or 1860wh msx's, all 100v. One guy had an 84v 1600wh msx but I think he had a 5A charger so he was ok but did have more range anxiety than we did.

Subtitles EN & FR availables

Hello friends, we invite you to discover today a magnificent course of around 110 km which will take us in the footsteps of the Impressionists and in particular of Vincent Van Gogh.

• Like 3