THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

3 hours ago, Dubardo said:

Almost hit a bird the other day... man theses rides are always crazy!

really....this is super hilarious. 

first like is from @Albatross

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sCar said:

Anybody who knows what this is?

prototype testing/ R&D for the new v11 that has already come out and soon shipping.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cowzownu said:

Some awesome off-road footage that I got with my best friend who introduced me to the electric unicycle a few weeks ago. Had so much fun on this journey!

What the!  You kids get off my forum!! :angry:

• Like 2

Thank God for such a beautiful day! I did this!
Vid/playlist: 7 Miles of Trails with Loki On EUC. Note I got bounced off at the very end, (in the pt 5 of 5 vid) LOL.

Here's the part 5 vid from the end where the bounce off happens.  I was climbing about 30% grade at the time. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Yeah I would at least have expected a video of him leaving.

It was a mistake guys chill out please, i used the space as a cut and paste silo whilst surfing other sites... thats why it doesnt make sense as a whole.

Paul

YouTube: DEFACTO

Edited by RayBanMonster

23 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm always entertained by people who make pronouncements that they are leaving a group. And what does this have to do with the Video Thread :confused1:

It was a mistake, that's why it doesn't make sense, apologies.

I used the space lazily as a cut and paste silo Marty...  & Mike.

Iam not going anywhere. I love EUCs. I dislike fake traders who think they can trade bitcoin like its a real currency... That was the issue for most of the cut guys. Sorry... that doesn't belong on this site but... it got responses... so...

Edited by RayBanMonster
  • Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 8:46 PM, RayBanMonster said:

oops ignore

This was a cut and paste  silo ( I should stop doing that with spare space. accidentally posted whilst leaving a money site and surfing the web. with disdain at  excessive speed EUC content discussed elsewhere... please ignore.. Im not going anywhere :-)

Stuff happens

Does that mean I don't get your share of the cookies? Such a tease....:( 7 screens? 4 screens knocks my eyes out, I couldnt imagine having 7! Wouldnt be proper space for my studio audio monitors anyhow...makes my neck hurt thinking about it..

Edited by ShanesPlanet

3 hours ago, Elliott Reitz said:

Here's the part 5 vid from the end where the bounce off happens.  I was climbing about 30% grade at the time. 

I'm not going to repeat my rant about grass again, and I ride over the stuff all the time. 90% of the time it's fine, but LOL, grass is a minefield. Could be anything under that green carpet including a wheel eating hole.  :lol:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, erk1024 said:

I'm not going to repeat my rant about grass again, and I ride over the stuff all the time. 90% of the time it's fine, but LOL, grass is a minefield. Could be anything under that green carpet including a wheel eating hole.  :lol:

My dog loves to open-up speed on grass.  So I ride grass daily with him... we go about 5 miles/day mostly road at 7mph with speed bursts on grass going near the park where we're prohibited, through the schools, and so-on. 

When I looked back where it happened there was about 2" or 3" bumps that I was already set to absorb ... had it not been for the slope that let it spin/slip beyond recovery... my arm flying upward instantly was the bounced heals barely on the pedal-edges... then on ground... then rammed in the heals by the wheel.  I have an S18 on order than I think would have absorbed the bump of it... but maybe not the loss of traction (can the shock enhance ground traction like it does for a race car???).  For that I'm mixed for what tire I will put on it.  Its either going to me the 14x2.50" knobby I used to have on this MSX-100V, or the Kenda K262-18 that I just ordered via ebay. 

Edited by Elliott Reitz
+, race car shocks ???
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, erk1024 said:

Can you share a link to it?  I didn't see it.  Meanwhile, since we're in the vid-thread, here's a good memory of a lap around a small park.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Elliott Reitz said:

Can you share a link to it?

It's such an old post, can't find it. But here's the gist of it.

Things to watch out for in grass:

• It can hide things: Holes, sprinklers, soft sand, water, etc. Thick grass is the worst. I've tried to cross grass and had the wheel completely bog down in sand hidden underneath. 
  • It can be wet and slippery, especially at night or in the morning. It get's your wheel wet, so less traction than usual.
  • The transition from grass to pavement can be treacherous. The grass will look like it's at the same level, when the actual ground is inches below the pavement, so your wheel may not want to climb up onto it, or if you hit the pavement at an angle, the wheel might skitter sideways instead. Either way, you're likely to get ejected off the front. 

Just keep in mind all the ways it can trip you up. Saw a video where a guy went from a dirt path, over grass, at night, going fast, and crossed onto a sidewalk at an angle. Later he overleaned the wheel and crashed. He could have just as easily eaten a pavement sandwich seconds earlier with that sketchy grass maneuver.

• Like 2

grass is a fun gamble.... you forgot SNAKES. :)  You run over one of those puppies at slow grass speeds and they are fast enough to bite ya. Ran across one a few days ago, didnt see it until it was too late. He struck and missed... he seemed pissed off about me almost running him over. Regardless, grass is definitely fun, just bend those knees and prepare to wa wa wa wipeout...... Me and and dirt are friends, it always welcomes me with a quick catch.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, erk1024 said:

It's such an old post, can't find it. But here's the gist of it.

Things to watch out for in grass:

• It can hide things: Holes, sprinklers, soft sand, water, etc. Thick grass is the worst. I've tried to cross grass and had the wheel completely bog down in sand hidden underneath. 
  • It can be wet and slippery, especially at night or in the morning. It get's your wheel wet, so less traction than usual.
  • The transition from grass to pavement can be treacherous. The grass will look like it's at the same level, when the actual ground is inches below the pavement, so your wheel may not want to climb up onto it, or if you hit the pavement at an angle, the wheel might skitter sideways instead. Either way, you're likely to get ejected off the front. 

Just keep in mind all the ways it can trip you up. Saw a video where a guy went from a dirt path, over grass, at night, going fast, and crossed onto a sidewalk at an angle. Later he overleaned the wheel and crashed. He could have just as easily eaten a pavement sandwich seconds earlier with that sketchy grass maneuver.

Do you ever ride grass with snow?  Its a blast! 

Oh, and don't piss on my wheel!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

grass is a fun gamble.... you forgot SNAKES. :)  You run over one of those puppies at slow grass speeds and they are fast enough to bite ya. Ran across one a few days ago, didnt see it until it was too late. He struck and missed... he seemed pissed off about me almost running him over. Regardless, grass is definitely fun, just bend those knees and prepare to wa wa wa wipeout...... Me and and dirt are friends, it always welcomes me with a quick catch.

Thankfully in central NY I've never seen a snake.  And the trails are just a way to get from point A to B... if you can get away with it w/o cops hassle.  Just like going to church!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RayBanMonster said:

It was a mistake guys chill out please, i used the space as a cut and paste silo whilst surfing other sites... thats why it doesnt make sense as a whole.

Paul

YouTube: DEFACTO

Alright man good to hear.
I was sort of trying to make sense of it and thought about the NYC riders thread, how people have been writing there, etc. and then thinking; yeah well... I guess Paul is going to truly turn into a monster once his Sherman arrives so might as well leave now. :efefc8626c:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Alright man good to hear.
I was sort of trying to make sense of it and thought about the NYC riders thread, how people have been writing there, etc. and then thinking; yeah well... I guess Paul is going to truly turn into a monster once his Sherman arrives so might as well leave now. :efefc8626c:

Hahaa  I like hi speed cruising but my style means I always dismount in parks and walk the wheel when I see toddlers with my face visible and a smile on it so they're not threatened...( Parents notice that!).

Man those guys are crazy  that Sherman is heavy and if they come off at speed its a missile...  instant death to even an adult if it catches someone  on a bounce in a Park... I red that crew the Riot act on YouTube for that... let alone the lack of adequate protection at those speeds, I mean  would folk really ride a motorcycle at those speeds in a Park past people pushing Prams?  Wreckless indeed.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Excellent point!

I'm pretty sure I ran over a snake last week on a bike path. :(  There were a lot of stick bugs out walking around. We have frogs / toads on the trails as well. One jumped towards the wheel and bounced off my steel toed boot--sorry buddy. 

This is one of the stick bugs. That's the shadow of my Nikola pedal there on the bottom of the image.

StickBugNikolaSmaller.thumb.jpg.709cd77ce8e0ee325c2faebc1fa6e1af.jpg

Edited by erk1024
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, erk1024 said:

This is one of the stick bugs. That's the shadow of my Nikola pedal there on the bottom of the image.

Not one, but two! Nice size too. :)

• Like 1

On 7/1/2020 at 12:58 AM, ShanesPlanet said:

This is me just riding around and in a rare fun demeanor. Comparing 'world lock' and 'unlocked' modes on the gopro 360 exporter. Talking about my opinions of Music and Euc politics in general. Slow ride today, reggae pumpin' thru the wheel...

Nice chill place to ride. I think you're really going to enjoy having a wheel that you can ride forever.

And good demo of the modes. I guess all 360-cameras do this, they just call everything by different names.