THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

2 minutes ago, seage said:

Ahhh, i get you! Im only like this on major roads/with traffic these days. Most other terrain i can relax with my hyper focus. But my first year was very strictly a hyper focus, which actually kinda sucked because i wanted to look around and see scenery. Im glad ive managed to find a balance between always being aware of the ground in front of me, but also being able to enjoy the beauty around me. 

I like fact I must stay focused. That is actually part of me putting on my mc suit and gear. Getting into the zone and mindset of focus on the ride. It has become a ritual almost.

But my awareness only goes so far. Today I were almost run down by a e-bicycle. 50+ year old woman sizing on her cycle at 20+kmh doing a apex turn around a bind corner (aka into my lane/side of the road) on comming me. Had I not had my BT speaker on she wouldn't have stopped so I could avoid her. At the time I were doing 20ish kmh too so time for reaction was less than a sec. I managed to brake and then I had to swirl around her on the wrong side as she parked on my lane. It wasint until later I recall to check my heart rate on my Samsung watch.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, seage said:

I managed to get a new video up! Another narration video. So if you liked the last one you may like this one. Im really gonna try to grow the audience and reach people outside of our community too. At least thats my goal. Hopefully you'll all enjoy itt tooo!!: 

I'm basically the same age as your Dad. He looks really fit, and young. Bravo. Do whatever he's doing :thumbup:

• Like 2

On 5/27/2020 at 7:05 PM, Unventor said:

I like fact I must stay focused. That is actually part of me putting on my mc suit and gear. Getting into the zone and mindset of focus on the ride. It has become a ritual almost.

I can understand that. That might be in part why i enjoy road riding the most. That hyperfocus feels so good. Everything is slow when i ride with traffic. Its like, cars are doing crazy things, people are jumping out here and there, and I can see it all in slow motion, which i know is my adrenaline going off the rails. I guess i get why some people are adrenaline junkies. But i dont want to die, so i suppose thats where we differ LOL (im joking) 

On 5/27/2020 at 7:05 PM, Unventor said:

But my awareness only goes so far. Today I were almost run down by a e-bicycle. 50+ year old woman sizing on her cycle at 20+kmh doing a apex turn around a bind corner (aka into my lane/side of the road) on comming me. Had I not had my BT speaker on she wouldn't have stopped so I could avoid her. At the time I were doing 20ish kmh too so time for reaction was less than a sec. I managed to brake and then I had to swirl around her on the wrong side as she parked on my lane. It wasint until later I recall to check my heart rate on my Samsung watch.

Glad you were okay in the end. Yeah man, sometimes, even with solid focus, stuff pops outta nowhere and you have half a heart attack trying to deal with it. Today i had to ride on the grass to get around some construction stuff. I saw that the grass by the sidewalk (going back on it) was just laid down and i just assumed it would be okay. It wasnt okay. My wheel sunk in and my heart rate spiked as i almost fell to my deaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaath! Lmao. Well maybe it wasnt that bad, but i still panicked so hard but was able to regain composure. 

21 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm basically the same age as your Dad. He looks really fit, and young. Bravo. Do whatever he's doing :thumbup:

Haha, thank you! Yeah, hes doing quite well on that front. All i really have to do is shave (and shed more lbs) and i basically look like a baby. Talking about shedding! I've started jumping like crazy because of fantomas, and i can feel my abs becoming steel. Im losing weight faster than ever before. Who would think jumping 53lbs like 20-60 times per ride would lead to getting stronger?? (I jump up onto things, not up then slamming down as i dont want to wreck my wheel just yet)

• Like 3

I've ordered 16X and there is about a month long waiting before I start to fly. Until then I must suffer with a bad Airwheel X3. Luckily I got a second one from a fellow Finnish rider @FinRider and today I found out I have two bad wheels but also that bad plus bad equals fun!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Really hard? How could you possibly think that, when you are rolling start within' 45 seconds of being on one? Good job, makes me ill to watch someone roll start and do circles with only 5 minutes on a wheel.  For all us normal humans reading, it's not as easy for most of us as it was for Marc, don't let him fool you!  Thanks for the vid, welcome to the group. Next task, solve world hunger, it should come easily for you. :)

If it helps any I slowly crashed into a laurel hedge today 🤣

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Really hard? How could you possibly think that, when you are rolling start within' 45 seconds of being on one? Good job, makes me ill to watch someone roll start and do circles with only 5 minutes on a wheel.  For all us normal humans reading, it's not as easy for most of us as it was for Marc, don't let him fool you!  Thanks for the vid, welcome to the group. Next task, solve world hunger, it should come easily for you. :)

Another thing I was going to say, as a beginner I think being fully geared up gives you a bit more confidence to just say “f**k it” and go for it. If I wasn’t fully geared up there’s no way I’d have been as assertive with getting on and pushing forward. 

• Like 1

On 5/29/2020 at 11:35 AM, Marc Roberts said:

This is some of my first 30 minutes or so on my Gotway MSP, also my first time on an EUC, loving it!

How much did you try before? Because that looks shockingly good for a beginner. Slow start with no wobbling and no looking down while holding a selfie stick:efefc8626c:

• Like 1

On 5/29/2020 at 2:35 AM, Marc Roberts said:

My video is perhaps not meeting the "interesting" requirement, but here goes anyway.

This is some of my first 30 minutes or so on my Gotway MSP, also my first time on an EUC, loving it!

Interesting isn't allowed in Basingstoke. There are local laws against it. Or so I believe.

You're doing ridiculously well for your first 30 minutes. I was still at the holding on to a wall stage that early (and probably far past it). I didn't pluck up the courage to ride holding a GoPro (looks like you're using a HERO8 Black) until several weeks in.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

How much did you try before? Because that looks shockingly good for a beginner. Slow start with no wobbling and no looking down while holding a selfie stick:efefc8626c:

Thanks, was about 5 minutes in maybe? I wouldn’t say I’m particularly better at getting on the thing than my first few tries, I need to spend dedicated start/stop training time instead of zooming about the village. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jon Stern said:

Interesting isn't allowed in Basingstoke. There are local laws against it. Or so I believe.

You're doing ridiculously well for your first 30 minutes. I was still at the holding on to a wall stage that early (and probably far past it). I didn't pluck up the courage to ride holding a GoPro (looks like you're using a HERO8 Black) until several weeks in.

Thanks! I was worried I wouldn’t be able to do it at all.

Yeah, it’s a hero 8.

I wasn’t brave enough to GoPro my village riding but will next time I think!

Edited by Marc Roberts
Adding thanks!

19 minutes ago, Marc Roberts said:

What gave it away? Also, using media mod.

The HERO8 has a different lens from 4-7. Each lens has particular flare characteristics. It's my job to know the difference.

• Like 2

On 5/29/2020 at 9:26 AM, Hansolo said:

First Ranco post confinement of the Wheelers Pro: finally liberation!
The best of us were there!

Subtitles FR & EN availables

Love this video - comments left on the YouTube channel :)