THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

4 minutes ago, stephen said:

Video not working shane....oooh copyright😬

Doh! I'm new to the whole stealing music thing. Good thing editor is still open, I'll try again asap. Many apologies. I'd delete the post above but hell, you beat me to it... Thank you for trying to watch and letting me know.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Doh! I'm new to the whole stealing music thing. Good thing editor is still open, I'll try again asap. Many apologies. I'd delete the post above but hell, you beat me to it... Thank you for trying to watch and letting me know.

Steal something less obvious 👍

I also quit using copyrighted music from now on. Still learning both how to better ride and how to video edit...

let me know what you think, constructive critism welcome!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Your getting good on reversals! :thumbup: Love the patriotic music while practicing. Hard for YouTube to censor that  theme.

• Like 2

On 5/7/2020 at 11:12 AM, RayBanMonster said:

bollox

Bollocks /ˈbɒləks/ is a word of Middle English origin, meaning "testicles". The word is often used figuratively in colloquial British English and Hiberno-English as a noun to mean "nonsense", an expletive following a minor accident or misfortune, or an adjective to mean "poor quality" or "useless".

• Like 2

be sure to ride and lean properly, this could make the difference, enable in app alarm for high speed  when buzzer is useless.......
enjoy the pedal dip at 0:15 :)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Just tryin out my new 9' selfie stick. What a pain in the ass to ride with it!

A 9 foot is indeed a right pain to ride with, especially in wind or anything above 20mph. Downright nasty. So much so I cut mine down to 6.5' which still gives me a really good field of view with a GoPro Session.

And yes I could have just not extended it as far but I was bored so decided to cut down each section which makes it lighter plus its a lot shorter when fully collapsed :)

I have actually erred away from using poles recently (especially during group rides) and have had good results simply holding the camera in my hand (easy to direct in 360 deg and at different heights) or using a helmet mount. It frees up my riding more which frees up time to think about composisitions.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Just tryin out my new 9' selfie stick. What a pain in the ass to ride with it!

4 hours ago, Planemo said:

A 9 foot is indeed a right pain to ride with, especially in wind or anything above 20mph. Downright nasty.

I hear ya. Last year I added counterweights to my 9 foot SS  to help balance the 360 camera’s end weight. 

I purchased the camera weights on Amazon. The 1/4-20 threaded stub was already attached. I then wrapped the two shiny weights in black velcro to remove any possibility of reflection while filming. 

Edit: Here is a photo of the weights ( I used all 3) but it appears they are unavailable on Amazon right now. I’m sure other companies sell the exact product. 

49889837068_2afb77625c_b.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I hear ya. Last year I added counterweights to my 9 foot SS  to help balance the 360 camera’s end weight. 

I purchased the camera weights on Amazon. The 1/4-20 threaded stub was already attached. I then wrapped the two shiny weights in black velcro to remove any possibility of reflection while filming. 

Edit: Here is a photo of the weights ( I used all 3) but it appears they are unavailable on Amazon right now. I’m sure other companies sell the exact product. 

49889837068_2afb77625c_b.jpg

I bought those same weights. They certainly make it easier to ride with a 9-foot stick, but I'd prefer something shorter. I just can't find anything with an intermediate length (say 6 foot).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jon Stern said:

I bought those same weights. They certainly make it easier to ride with a 9-foot stick, but I'd prefer something shorter. I just can't find anything with an intermediate length (say 6 foot).

I don’t want to get off topic too far but you could  use a single wrap of artist’s grade black masking tape. When applied around the telescopic regions you can adjust the stick to any length you wish. This tape does not leave a residue so you can quickly remove it to collapse the stick. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I don’t want to get off topic too far but you could  use a single wrap of artist’s grade black masking tape. When applied around the telescopic regions you can adjust the stick to any length you wish. This tape does not leave a residue so you can quickly remove it to collapse the stick. 

To get back on topic can't you share one of your old goofing around videos. We have so many reruns on the TV anyway. Might as well get some quality entertainment 😁

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

To get back on topic can't you share one of your old goofing around videos. We have so many reruns on the TV anyway. Might as well get some quality entertainment 😁

I’ll work on one sir. :) I’ve been preoccupied preparing a spot in my basement for the 96  wheels I pick up this Friday.:confused1:  (That’s the number of tone wheels that drives my new Hammond B3.) :)

Edited by Rehab1

7 hours ago, travsformation said:

Love your videos BTW! Your spontaneity and non-family-friendly vocab is refreshing! Back when you were wondering whether to voice-over your videos or not...just do it! :D

I must admit when @ShanesPlanet first started posting I had him down as a bit of a miserable, cantankerous and somewhat confrontational old git if I am honest. However, after reading his further posts and seeing his vids I have grown to like the guy. He reminds me a bit of our UK comedian Jack Dee - I find humour in his deadpan delivery with the occasional cuss :)

Keep up the good work Shane! And re your tyre - I am surprised you felt that hop. It didn't look too bad in the video but theres no arguing with what you can feel yourself. The 5102 is a lovely tyre and my OCD has trouble dealing with a slight misalignment on my MSX (I measured it at about 1mm runout) but I am buggered if I can feel it when riding - it's smooth as a babys bum at all speeds.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I’ll work on one sir. :) I’ve been preoccupied preparing a spot in my basement for the 96  wheels I pick up this Friday.:confused1:  (That’s the number of tone wheels that drives my new Hammond B3.) :)

Oooh very nice indeed :) do you have the rotary speaker too?

• Like 1