THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

7 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Sadly, I need to crash soon, or go somewhere new, as my neighborhood footage is getting past monotonous.

Nice new scenery. :)

49893825233_9c26bcb578_b.jpg

• Like 2

Hey Shane- send me a message on how you got the covers off etc. I wont be working on my wheel soon I hope but its nice to know if something happens and I need to. So you changed the direction of rotation again?? Power button in the back now, tread the right direction? Maybe take a pic of your tread and indicate which way its to spin? 

I still am not positive mine is spinning the right way but I put mine back to stock, button in front, nuts in the back. Where's you get your spoons?

• Like 1

On 5/13/2020 at 11:55 PM, ShanesPlanet said:

Not a fun video, but HOORAY 50 subscribers. Im quite shocked and I'd bet 2 or 3 of them arent spammers. This was me being ocd about my tire not facing the proper direction and not rolling smoothly. I still am adamant that the 18L is meant to have the power button on the back!

sorry @travsformation no incriminating ranting in this one. I'll have to review my voiceover video and try to figure out why the he** anyone would like it. Sadly, I need to crash soon, or go somewhere new, as my neighborhood footage is getting past monotonous.

Nice. And of course you can do everything you did without removing the tire. It's only if you have OCD that you have to turn the tire around :lol:

• Like 1

On 5/13/2020 at 1:18 AM, ShanesPlanet said:

Just tryin out my new 9' selfie stick. What a pain in the ass to ride with it!

That was great, and hilarious. Welcome to the 9-foot club :cheers: There are not many of us, but I love the perspective it provides.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Nice. And of course you can do everything you did without removing the tire. It's only if you have OCD that you have to turn the tire around :lol:

Yeah, I hope most people would realize that a hop can be remedied (attempted) by just deflating, soaping, reinflating, and what not. If the rim is true, turning the tire on the rim is fairly pointless (unless you want the lettering to line up...ocd much?) Sometimes turning the tire on the rim can help  with balance issues on heavier tires, if you keep rotating it around until the heavy spot of the tire, aligns with the light spot on the rim. Then of course, theres the weight missing from the material they take out for the valve stem. Usually the weight of the valve offsets this.  ON a unicycle rim, the tire is so light in relation, I doubt balance by rotating the tire, helps much. I rode today at tiltback and it was smooth. Before I did this, my feet would hop and you could see/feel it. I was shocked it wasnt more visible when i inspected it. Fwiw, i like my light sensor on front, as my headlight dims and stays when cars tailgate me.  Oncoming traffic only temporarily turns it off. Im too lazy to hit the button, mine stays auto...

Apologies for name dropping you on the 9' vid, w/o asking. You just came to mind first. The 9' view is amazing, but I'll let you provide most of those. I mean holy crap, offroad, for long distance with 9' pole and low trees? People dont like my vids that much and Im selfishly in it for the ride, more than everyone else's viewing pleasure. I gladly recognize that I am not a contender in the 9' club! Graphite conducts electricity doesnt it? :blink:

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

Went to the river to ride a path. Wound up back on the street. Minimal ranting, mostly mindless bullshit.. . Got my wheel unlocked and got some sun! Showin off my new haircut. I aint seen a barber in over a decade. Being this ugly takes a lot of thought.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Minimal ranting, mostly mindless bullshit.. .

'I'm upset at not being upset' haha :D spoken by a true misery guts lol

Looks like a nice place in the world though. So much so I looked up your area in google maps. My geographic knowledge of the US is shocking, so I like to have a nose in google maps/earth every now and then. Did the same with Martys area (which didn't really work as it just made me incredibly jealous so I got pissed off and stopped looking).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Went to the river to ride a path. Wound up back on the street. Minimal ranting, mostly mindless bullshit.. . Got my wheel unlocked and got some sun! Showin off my new haircut. I aint seen a barber in over a decade. Being this ugly takes a lot of thought.

I love your free spirit, no-holds-barred attitude.  :cheers:  

• Like 1

On 5/14/2020 at 8:55 AM, ShanesPlanet said:

sorry @travsformation no incriminating ranting in this one. I'll have to review my voiceover video and try to figure out why the he** anyone would like it. Sadly, I need to crash soon, or go somewhere new, as my neighborhood footage is getting past monotonous.

Next time them, no worries :efee612b4b:

And keep the crash as a last resort. Same goes for the 9-foot-pole induced electrocutions 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

:roflmao:

In just a short ride, you introduced a number of entertaining variables no one would have thought of, including goose-chasing and playing "inappropriate music" in a Church parking lot, not to mention the abundance of very quotable phrases (my favourite being "If you want something to worry about, COVID ain't shit, get you a cup of that")  :efee612b4b:

I'm pretty sure you'll have no trouble finding new ways to surprise and entertain us without having to resort to personal injury ;) 

On another note, how'd you add the overlay for power and wheel battery? Nice touch! And AFAIK, the GoPro doesn't include those among the telemetry is collects...

Also, I really like the purple cover, looks great!

Keep the videos coming! 

2 hours ago, stephen said:

Quite enjoying your videos tbh Shane 👍

I stayed the 9ft selfie pole to my insta back bar😬 , got a good done effect though , not used it for a bit I'll have to do more but with the normal stick

Here's the effect i got

Nice :thumbup:

Here's a tip. When you set your Keyframe's, pay attention to the Tilt Angle setting. For every Keyframe created, reset the value to 0.0  This will keep the horizon from curving (everything will look flat) and thus minimize the distorted 360 look.

FYI.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, travsformation said:

On another note, how'd you add the overlay for power and wheel battery? Nice touch! And AFAIK, the GoPro doesn't include those among the telemetry is collects...

Also, I really like the purple cover, looks great!

Keep the videos coming! 

OMG the overlay is a total pain in the ass. I dont use my gopro telemetry (it records some) as I find it WAY inaccurate. I pull my stats off EUCW (seba rocks!) and then import it into race render via csv. EUCW collects TONS of stuff and I can make dials for any of it. Then I export that as a video with green (purple actually) screen. I try to get the telemetry done while gopro exporter is doing its slow thing. Then I lay the entire hud/euc track down in the editor. THEN I import the gopro video. The telemetry goes for as long as eucw is recording, so its always longer than the camera video as I stop/start the camera a lot. Matching up the speeds with the video is a total pain, so i do it BEFORE I edit and cut video even further. Doing it in this order makes it easier, as I can cut the hud and vid track in same places. Adding hud is pretty much having to do the movie twice. I used KMH in the last vid, as I was feeling like a turtle when watching othe hud in kmh. 40-50kmh seems faster than 20-30mph, especially for those unfamiliar in both. But, using Kmh makes me feel like a traitor, so I'll go back to my mph layouts in the future. Im on a pc desktop, and i dont think 'relive' works on my platform. I have added mapping to one of my videos, but it was a nightmare in itself and why would i want everyone to know where to come beat my ass and steal my shit :).  *purple is my favorite color and the cover DID NOT disappoint. You have no idea how I agonize over cutting ranting or not. I always seem such an asshole and say such wrong things. I am quite shocked Im not getting death threats and hate mail. I guess some people aren't as sensitive as I assume. I have this vid in another cut (w/o the church and gear comment) and had to flip a coin to decide. It does worry me, as I dont intend to piss people off, I just like to bitch and bitch.

@Rehab1"I love your free spirit, no-holds-barred attitude.  :cheers:  "

We only live once (at least THIS body does) and some never 'live' at all. I already know that if I died today, I've managed to live a full lifetime. My wife agrees, so i call MY life a win, especially because of the losses too. Some of lifes greatest adventures to tell, are started by mistake and random errors.  Even a 'bad' event is still an adventure.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

When you said at the beginning of your video that you still needed to unlock your wheel - I'm a little confused. KingSong wheels, for a long time now, are unlockable after 1km (or some very small number like that).

From your comment it looks like it's unlocked. Just mentioning this for any others who see your video and may have the same question.

16 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

When you said at the beginning of your video that you still needed to unlock your wheel - I'm a little confused. KingSong wheels, for a long time now, are unlockable after 1km (or some very small number like that).

From your comment it looks like it's unlocked. Just mentioning this for any others who see your video and may have the same question.

I got my wheel with 100miles on it fw 2.0.   Eucw and DB would not allow me to set the speed above 27mph.  I rode it until around 140miles and NOW i can set it to 31mph. I found it odd, as I thought KS changed how that worked. At any rate, its unlocked now and theres no way in hell Im opening up that bs KS app. You can see in the video, that tiltback is around 44kmh or so. Not anymore, its 50kmh/31mph(inflated but verified) now. Fwiw, I use DB when at the house, as my crap Ipad mini sits here and is WAY easier to muck with than the lemfo. I also use db to check charge/batt %. Of note, wheel reported voltages are NOT accurate in these apps. one wheel When at 84.1, db shows my wheel at 84.5, the other shows 81.3v even tho I KNOW my chargers are stopping at 84.1V

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Nice :thumbup:

Here's a tip. When you set your Keyframe's, pay attention to the Tilt Angle setting. For every Keyframe created, reset the value to 0.0  This will keep the horizon from curving (everything will look flat) and thus minimize the distorted 360 look.

FYI.

Cheers Marty thx for the tip👍 

• Like 1

On 5/15/2020 at 5:05 PM, stephen said:

Quite enjoying your videos tbh Shane 👍

I put the 9ft selfie pole on my insta back bar😬 , got a good drone effect , not used it for a bit I'll have to do more but with the normal stick

Here's the effect i got

nice one, i need to try it sometimes :)

On 5/15/2020 at 12:29 PM, travsformation said:

Nice video and excellent choice of music! 

Enjoy the empty streets while you can! 

:thumbup:

• Like 3