THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

On 4/19/2020 at 12:34 PM, ShanesPlanet said:

If gopro ever fixes their windows software, MAYBE I'll be able to at least start off with 5.6k (before chopping to shit), instead of the 4k limit the  exporter currently has for 360 windows vid.

The Windows version of the GoPro Player is coming.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

The Windows version of the GoPro Player is coming.

Yup, so they have been saying since the gopro max release. Somewhat of a sore spot for me for sure. They better, as my only 3 cameras are gopro's and the newest was REALLY pushing my brand loyalty. If it were'nt for them having local stock and hardware insurance.. I would have waited and rolled the dice with insta.  It was just bad timing that my insta order had to be cancelled. Gopro better get off their asses. This seems a common theme in everything software related now...   roll out the hardware and sell...sell...sell.. and after a while, MAYBE we'll get around to the software side of it. Even a few euc manufacturers seems to have this problem at times. It DID only take a month of back and forth from gopro customer support, to verify what i already knew, and to also say "we're working  on it". How odd, they took so long and acted like they didnt recognize my issue/complaint...

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Yup, so they have been saying since the gopro max release. Somewhat of a sore spot for me for sure. They better, as my only 3 cameras are gopro's and the newest was REALLY pushing my brand loyalty. If it were'nt for them having local stock and hardware insurance.. I would have waited and rolled the dice with insta.  It was just bad timing that my insta order had to be cancelled. Gopro better get off their asses. This seems a common theme in everything software related now...   roll out the hardware and sell...sell...sell.. and after a while, MAYBE we'll get around to the software side of it. Even a few euc manufacturers seems to have this problem at times. It DID only take a month of back and forth from gopro customer support, to verify what i already knew, and to also say "we're working  on it". How odd, they took so long and acted like they didnt recognize my issue/complaint...

Yes, this is very poor. I'm sorry it's taking so long. I'm not allowed to publicly provide the date, but the last time I checked (because so many people on here were asking), I was given a date that's not too far away. Hopefully, covid-19 hasn't slowed things down.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

Yes, this is very poor. I'm sorry it's taking so long. I'm not allowed to publicly provide the date, but the last time I checked (because so many people on here were asking), I was given a date that's not too far away. Hopefully, covid-19 hasn't slowed things down.

Salt in the wound... I even purchased a new video card from their list (replaced a sli setup that was just fine), before my camera arrived. They claimed if my card was capable, I'd be able to do it. I do like the new card (video), but it obviously didnt need purchased. I don't know why YOU should apologize at all, surely you arent taking this on as some form of responsibility of yours? Don't fret, I had 30 days to decide and I KNEW they wouyldnt have their shit together and kept it anyhow. In fact, I snagged a hero 7 on sale (woohoo) just the other day, as its also covered under insurance. Even without 5.6k 360 video, the internal mic is awesome enough to compensate for the defect.

14 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Salt in the wound... I even purchased a new video card from their list (replaced a sli setup that was just fine), before my camera arrived. They claimed if my card was capable, I'd be able to do it. I do like the new card (video), but it obviously didnt need purchased. I don't know why YOU should apologize at all, surely you arent taking this on as some form of responsibility of yours? Don't fret, I had 30 days to decide and I KNEW they wouyldnt have their shit together and kept it anyhow. In fact, I snagged a hero 7 on sale (woohoo) just the other day, as its also covered under insurance. Even without 5.6k 360 video, the internal mic is awesome enough to compensate for the defect.

I'm apologizing because, while I'm on this forum in a personal capacity, I work for GoPro. I'm on the hardware side, so I don't have much influence on what happens on the software front, but I've raised this question several times.

Edited by Jon Stern
  • Like 2

luvs me some gopro hardware! Tell em to quit f**ing up and changing the shape from hero 7 to 8. I wonder if they anticipated so many lost hero 8 sales for it not having a replaceable lens as the 7? Again, if i didnt like the hardware i wouldnt have it. So far ALL of my euc videos have been gopro only, in one form or another. Editing one to upload later right now. Waiting for a Gopro that has a bigger sensor for night use. WITH replaceable lenses for those nightly crash tendencies. Im still using a hero 3 with backpack, since the front screen quit years ago. It can take a damn hit and has and WILL again. :)

Edited by ShanesPlanet

1 minute ago, ShanesPlanet said:

luvs me some gopro hardware! Tell em to quit f**ing up and changing the shape from hero 7 to 8. I wonder if they anticipated so many lost hero 8 sales for it not having a replaceable lens as the 7? Again, if i didnt like the hardware i wouldnt have it. So far ALL of my euc videos have been gopro only, in one form or another. Editing one to upload later right now. Waiting for a Gopro that has a bigger sensor for night use. WITH replaceable lenses for those nightly crash tendencies. :)

The situation with the HERO8Black lens cover glass is very well understood.

Bigger sensors don't make a lot of sense for a pure action camera. It's all down to physics. An action camera should keep everything from selfie to infinity in focus (selfie distance includes your hands, bike handlebars, etc.). A larger sensor means a longer focal length lens. A longer focal length lens means shallower depth of field. To compensate, you need to shrink the lens aperture (increase the f-number). But that reduces the amount of light, to the point where you're not really improving low light.

If you're willing to break the action camera use case, and lose selfie focus, you can use a bigger sensor. This is what Sony did with the RX0, and Insta360 did with the 1-inch module for the One R. In both cases, they compromised by shrinking the aperture losing some of the low light benefits, but not so much as to allow selfie to infinity always in focus. Having done that, how do you explain the use case trade-off to mass market customers (including people who just walk in to Best Buy and don't really know what they're buying)?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Yup, so they have been saying since the gopro max release. [...] This seems a common theme in everything software related now...   roll out the hardware and sell...sell...sell.. and after a while, MAYBE we'll get around to the software side of it. Even a few euc manufacturers seems to have this problem at times. 

Insta isn't much better. We do have a Windows app, but it's pretty meh if you ask me: You can't move forwards/backwards on the timeline with the keyboard, the timeline doesn't autoscroll to follow the playhead, there's no undo function, you can't natively speed up/slow down video (which you can in the Android app), etc., etc., etc. It gets the job done, but considering that all they make are cameras, one would expect better software. It's solid enough considering it's a Chinese company, but not up to the standard one would expect.

Good support is getting harder and harder to come by...

18 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

For the  Speed Freaks, Gotway MSS ;)

15:38 we are with you Adam i feel you pain. I have tears in my eyes see that. You are hero ! If i no lose my job i be you patreon i promise!

6 hours ago, RoadRunner said:

For the  Speed Freaks, Gotway MSS ;)

I’m sorta tempted by it if I’m honest.

MSP does mostly what I need, but I hate having to try and listen for the beeps on my 84v and I believe they cut in around the same speed.

I’m not desperate to go 40mph+ I just want a way bigger safety margin.

• Like 2

I’m quite tempted by all the power and Wh displayed by Gotway lately, but have the impression I’ll burn it all on hard and fast riding, while range is supposedly my main interest.

Edited by null
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, null said:

I’m quite tempted by all the power and Wh displayed by Gotway lately, but have the impression I’ll burn it all on hard and fast riding, while range is supposedly my main interest.

This is so true. 3 of us have 100v 1865wh MSX's now and we are rinsing them in 30 to 40 miles tops. It's nice to have it there for sure though.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Planemo said:

This is so true. 3 of us have 100v 1865wh MSX's now and we are rinsing them in 30 to 40 miles tops. It's nice to have it there for sure though.

It must be a lot of fun and also handy for city trafic :)

2 hours ago, Henrik Olsen said:

I took my Electric Unicycle during my Lunch Break around the local royal castle (Fredensborg) to meet up with my son for a bagel :-) Get a glimpse of the guards around the royal castle :-)

Looks like a great place to ride and relax. Do you go there often? :)

49807454111_477582f8e0_b.jpg

• Like 2

On 4/20/2020 at 7:40 AM, Mike Sacristan said:

Great vid Trav! The insta really makes it look floaty.
Like Shane said maybe some close wheel shots interspersed in there so we can get a feeling for the terrain, the wheel, texture, etc.
Those trails and paths look amazing. Oh if I only would have had an EUC back in the days when I lived in Cieza.
Loved the music as well. The colour was just fine.

I try to keep my whole workflow down to max two hours. Otherwise it just becomes hell and I don't want to do it as often.
Everything after two hours is adjusting small details and it becomes diminishing returns quite quickly.

Also I have learned that no matter the length of the clip people will fast forward anyway. The timeline in YouTube is always the same length haha.
Some people also just like to have the clips on in the background and then some nice tunes make it more enjoyable.
So you should try to just upload a long version.. then it''s done... and you can go out and ride and record more, and more, and more and find new topics, challenges, routes, songs, etc.

My clips are way too long... but even if I post a one minute clip on instagram people will just watch the first seconds and then keep scrolling.

I did a short version of yesterday's adventures. It took around 10 minutes to shorten down the 40min clip to a 6 minute clip. 10 minutes to render. 10 minutes to publish.

I like watching longer videos at night. Your funny comments and the way you just blurt shit out, keeps me entertained. I usually am doing other things, so i just toss your long vids on a spare screen and it makes for a random chuckle for sure. I must admit that Petra's long as hell blonde hair is somehow mesmerizing. That, and the contrast in girls and boys is strong in this one. At any rate, I sadly have to watch content very late and in low quality. Still, I enjoy these vids and the way you guys tend to just go for it. Keep em coming!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I like watching longer videos at night. Your funny comments and the way you just blurt shit out, keeps me entertained. I usually am doing other things, so i just toss your long vids on a spare screen and it makes for a random chuckle for sure. I must admit that Petra's long as hell blonde hair is somehow mesmerizing. That, and the contrast in girls and boys is strong in this one. At any rate, I sadly have to watch content very late and in low quality. Still, I enjoy these vids and the way you guys tend to just go for it. Keep em coming!

Thanks Shane!
That is more or less my thought.. than it can just be on in the background. Then if people are actively watching they can always fast forward.
If not just let it roll.. maybe some good tunes will pop up.. or some way too high tyre on asphalt noise from the 16X.

Long, thick hair is mesmerizing to us men.. down to our very core haha.
Glad you enjoy and thanks for the feedback!
Today there is some hill climbing scheduled in the afternoon so I will see about joining the others or maybe just chilling in the sun.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Looks like a great place to ride and relax. Do you go there often? :)

49807454111_477582f8e0_b.jpg

Well Denmark have no mountains but there are other sweet places to ride. I can't really say why. But the old Danish castles they ooze history. They are not big compared to other EU countries but they surroundings are lovely and in general open to public. There are a few private quarters and some restrictions but many places would be perfect for EUCs if only traffic laws allowed it. 

• Like 1