THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

16 hours ago, Nic said:

Anyone riding in UK is great ... good to see that your daughter is wearing proper protection including full face helmet. PLEVs are a great way to spend more time with your kids which is another reason for them to be legalised.:)

I do hear you on it being a good way for fathers and particularly young daughters to spend time together (lets face it Dads we do struggle to find things to do with 12 y/o girls sometimes!) but I do get torn with the whole ethics around it being illegal. As a parent I am always looking to do the right thing by the law and bring my children up accordingly but this is one area where I feel I am pushing the limit. Both my children know that EUC's are illegal as well. It's a difficult one. I guess we feel it's not in the same bracket as a criminal offence but nonetheless, illegal is illegal. As for safety, yes we do try to keep on top of it and a lot of that is having kit that they are comfortable in but theres no getting away from the fact that if she falls at 15~20mph she is likely to be hurting somewhere. Again, this is something that as a parent I struggle with sometimes. I know we cant wrap them up in cotton wool but ultimately I am far less concerned when say out on a bicycle ride than on an EUC. As I say, it's tricky for me to deal with mentally sometimes, but she gets so much enjoyment from it, as do I when we are riding together.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Planemo said:

I do hear you on it being a good way for fathers and particularly young daughters to spend time together (lets face it Dads we do struggle to find things to do with 12 y/o girls sometimes!) but I do get torn with the whole ethics around it being illegal. As a parent I am always looking to do the right thing by the law and bring my children up accordingly but this is one area where I feel I am pushing the limit. Both my children know that EUC's are illegal as well. It's a difficult one. I guess we feel it's not in the same bracket as a criminal offence but nonetheless, illegal is illegal. As for safety, yes we do try to keep on top of it and a lot of that is having kit that they are comfortable in but theres no getting away from the fact that if she falls at 15~20mph she is likely to be hurting somewhere. Again, this is something that as a parent I struggle with sometimes. I know we cant wrap them up in cotton wool but ultimately I am far less concerned when say out on a bicycle ride than on an EUC. As I say, it's tricky for me to deal with mentally sometimes, but she gets so much enjoyment from it, as do I when we are riding together.

I have to admit that I am not riding much at all ... I am waiting for the legislation to change (this year it will happen) before putting my EUC to regular service.

I don't feel comfortable breaking the law either, but it is necessary in this case as laws only change when there is a demand due to people riding PLEVs illegally as that is when ministers look at whether changes are appropriate. If there is no apparent demand then no one bothers and these vehicles never get legalised. The government does not want hundreds or thousands of people criminalised, which forces it to act. 

I also purchased a scooter in preparation for when I do grocery shops as I feel safer in traffic on one of those. Maybe when I have enough hours riding my EUC I will feel different, but my skills are not there yet. A scooter is definitely safer than an EUC and its still a lot of fun.

1 hour ago, Nic said:

I have to admit that I am not riding much at all ... I am waiting for the legislation to change (this year it will happen) before putting my EUC to regular service.

I don't feel comfortable breaking the law either, but it is necessary in this case as laws only change when there is a demand due to people riding PLEVs illegally as that is when ministers look at whether changes are appropriate. If there is no apparent demand then no one bothers and these vehicles never get legalised. The government does not want hundreds or thousands of people criminalised, which forces it to act. 

I also purchased a scooter in preparation for when I do grocery shops as I feel safer in traffic on one of those. Maybe when I have enough hours riding my EUC I will feel different, but my skills are not there yet. A scooter is definitely safer than an EUC and its still a lot of fun.

It’s the same situation as when the bicycle first appeared in the U.K.

we need to keep using these PEVs, and work to ensure sensible legislation is introduced.

I’ve been nervous too, but when the new wheel arrives I’m just going to go for it. I’ll make sure I’m as visible and protected as possible inc a hand mirror.

as far as breaking the law is concerned - the law you’re breaking is from 1835 🤷🏼‍♂️ Putting two tyres on a pavement when parked is technically breaking the law as you’re driving on the pavement, but it’s not hurting anyone and you wouldn’t feel any guilt doing it.

You can’t ride it without insurance, but you can’t insure it. So.....no alternative.

One of the standard elec scooters is in no way safer than an EUC once you’ve got it down.

Edited by HippoPig

16 hours ago, stephen said:

Because I can't go far due to lockdown I thought I'd buy one of these little fellas😁 ,, pocket rocket 😁 

Rained today so thought I'd do a quick video of my first ride and test

Pedals seem to be small but I'll see how it goes before I decide on bigger ones

Turns on a dime , pendulums are super easy and also going from forward and a quick turn then reversing is quite good ,,, solid little motor

Thanks to https://www.erides.co.uk/product-page/gotway-mten3-512wh-84v well with the £695 👍👍

IMG-20200430-183544.jpg
IMG-20200430-174846.jpg

My first ride 👇

mten3 it's awesome :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EMA said:

mten3 it's awesome :D

What I love about Mten3 is that whenever it’s mentioned people talk about how fun and goofy our uniting hobby is instead of its specs.:)

Edited by UniVehje
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Good specs too, when you consider the price, the weight, the durability and stupid fun... or I guess basic transport too..

My reverse 360 entry. I dont think Im winning this time around. I screwed up and put 30 seconds in the video, rather than 1 minute. I really don't think an extra 30 seconds would have helped a whole lot.

Great attempt. You’ll get it. Just don’t destroy your Mten3 in the process. I blew a board after a few wheel dumps during my attempts. I  may try it again. I need 6 additional reverse revolutions to steal pico’s trophy. 20 is tough to beat.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Great attempt. You’ll get it. Just don’t destroy your Mten3 in the process. I blew a board after a few wheel dumps during my attempts. I  may try it again. I need 6 additional reverse revolutions to steal pico’s trophy. 20 is tough to beat.

The life of my mten has already been chosen. It is going to be hammered and hammered and beaten until it can't take anymore. Hopefully parts remain available. I keep bugging RollNZ to make an mten cover, but I think its a little expensive in relation to the mten itself and they worry it may not sell to be worth the effort. Valid concern. Me, I'd like a cover, just so those shin bites from the top of the wheel, are milder. My mten and rough asphalt are close friends... Its played in mud puddles a lot too. my sks18 will suffer the same fate, tho I plan on hosing it off for testing.

@stephen You're such a ball of energy.  I'm too scared to hang out at a school anymore. Maybe once I'm older it won't worry me so.  Beat that mten, once its a done deal, youll feel better about it :D 

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Rehab1 said:

Not the correct thread but this is my Mten3 ‘s body and pedal covers I molded out of silicone.

49847042846_837fd4e852_b.jpg

I've made silicone molds using Oomoo, which comes out purpley pink. What did you use to make clear silicone?

p.s. I used Oomoo to make molds for this project. I 3D printed the four original parts, then made a mold for duplicates.

n2A6hCEa6ubCPCtKfKVA2x4yuy9SPbgnrZdz0JuLcdTiABKDvByAO5-aw1Gv7cJJ1mYX_YgYiyHKG2Jkwl7wF-OvZiURPF-FNtrCeI8nDsTOyTuZTX9hIHrYMMqseXcVAMxgtZJpOwKV6mOX8CqgUBKot5cykB3PYROmqb_zjgB9tN2RKyLjT6lFiFUUOAdLUi34sCeULcMvxr_ezYvUnH3MW0L_P2obGQKHgRp4otnGAVZodBUsSJVqWvN4skZMNydvXJ2z09weCNqv7LDLOO-Scx1JV-j4s2lYBxrmUyOUemDtEx6hj2w_X-lYLKivXWC_IPX26QrkQIbTMa1lInAmU7EJDFQASq8vF1w-4kL1i18E-TUqKHKi_QLBkSbGiat0X2JK8r_cqxFSmG3R0jwwSXS-ffMqXWivEOs6jibUCbZwZRKXk0pSMWc-GSUTSvfAWezUAhAok4uEpqlDBISEU3y-X3HCzWUOpqWPyIOcWwnQGTmu---bKq2mnBDOeocKCFVXc4oSxDEjBAflOG4HGE3kDjuqdtTz3pPDEKvSl5W1fE1ZQsC2m1QbhyvE6XsgrX5WV7hAI9zZ9YEZRHS4inaI1pYWCveyXQv1qSK4ROQ99kAN7Qnott4wozGZKjUdXo6SqRHmYz_E3r35Ur2xp0si5a0E38xj7qqBg_u6Fs7nLRdVy_Z9n7a0GA=w1826-h912-no

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

You're such a ball of energy.  I'm too scared to hang out at a school anymore. Maybe once I'm older it won't worry me so.

Lol the school was closed its the only time I go ""honest 😁" and I also told the judge that 😂😂

Roll NZ cover would be good for the mten3 ,it's got loads of scratches now so it's too late lol , I'm not a bad rider I'd just rather let it fall than bend down quick lol , the wheel is pure fun though 👍

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

I've made silicone molds using Oomoo, which comes out purpley pink. What did you use to make clear silicone?

p.s. I used Oomoo to make molds for this project. I 3D printed the four original parts, then made a mold for duplicates.

n2A6hCEa6ubCPCtKfKVA2x4yuy9SPbgnrZdz0JuLcdTiABKDvByAO5-aw1Gv7cJJ1mYX_YgYiyHKG2Jkwl7wF-OvZiURPF-FNtrCeI8nDsTOyTuZTX9hIHrYMMqseXcVAMxgtZJpOwKV6mOX8CqgUBKot5cykB3PYROmqb_zjgB9tN2RKyLjT6lFiFUUOAdLUi34sCeULcMvxr_ezYvUnH3MW0L_P2obGQKHgRp4otnGAVZodBUsSJVqWvN4skZMNydvXJ2z09weCNqv7LDLOO-Scx1JV-j4s2lYBxrmUyOUemDtEx6hj2w_X-lYLKivXWC_IPX26QrkQIbTMa1lInAmU7EJDFQASq8vF1w-4kL1i18E-TUqKHKi_QLBkSbGiat0X2JK8r_cqxFSmG3R0jwwSXS-ffMqXWivEOs6jibUCbZwZRKXk0pSMWc-GSUTSvfAWezUAhAok4uEpqlDBISEU3y-X3HCzWUOpqWPyIOcWwnQGTmu---bKq2mnBDOeocKCFVXc4oSxDEjBAflOG4HGE3kDjuqdtTz3pPDEKvSl5W1fE1ZQsC2m1QbhyvE6XsgrX5WV7hAI9zZ9YEZRHS4inaI1pYWCveyXQv1qSK4ROQ99kAN7Qnott4wozGZKjUdXo6SqRHmYz_E3r35Ur2xp0si5a0E38xj7qqBg_u6Fs7nLRdVy_Z9n7a0GA=w1826-h912-no

Great job! The product I used is called Duraflex sold by Guard Industries. It is 1/8” thick. The material is primarily used in the orthotic & prosthetics industry..

49846566213_f4fc59d984_b.jpg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, stephen said:

Lol the school was closed its the only time I go ""honest 😁" and I also told the judge that 😂😂

Roll NZ cover would be good for the mten3 ,it's got loads of scratches now so it's too late lol , I'm not a bad rider I'd just rather let it fall than bend down quick lol , the wheel is pure fun though 👍

tell RollNz that you want one too. Its not going to be a hard design to make and I'd spend the $$ for one. It aint like the euc crowd is full of penny pinching paupers (obviously). I would think a cover would be great on an already beaten wheel. Itll hold it together and make it look new again. Me, I AM a bad rider and loving every moment of it.

6 minutes ago, stephen said:

I'm not a bad rider I'd just rather let it fall than bend down quick lol , the wheel is pure fun though 👍

It does take a quick hand to grab it. Be careful of continuous falls as my Mten blew a board.