THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

2 minutes ago, Maseo54 said:

Thanks,

trying to match both the starting points  from the vid and  gpx files can be a pain...have to see how to get the map view for the stats so i can match the vid to a certain reference area.

You aint freaking lying! A huge pain when you cut the video a lot during filming, but the telemetry from eucw keeps rolling on. I try to use 0mhp (start/stops) for locators. Mapping is something I know nothing about. Good layout tho, looks great.

25 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Haha one of the best beaches on Stockholm lmao!
And yes.. she totally destroyed me.

Yeah... in the end I made the classic mistake. I changed to a new firmware and it did not feel enough like the old one.
THESE NEW SHOES DON'T FEEL LIKE MY OLD ONES!!! Damn you Hugo Boss!
So I tried FW 2.02 for 2 days.. then 1.05 for 2 days.. then FW 2.02 again today.

Today I did 64km and had 30% battery left.
I set my alarm to 45 kmh and tried to hit 45 kmh every chance I got.

So the beginning of the ride looked like this:

image.png.9a3b9b805dfbf243ae919ae2d26bfc32.png

2.02 feels very solid and stable. I never got 4 beeps no matter how hard I pushed it.
It is a very refined and steady firmware and I felt very safe on it.
I eventually got voltage beeps at around 30% battery / 70V doing 38 kmh.

1.05 is sketchy as hell compared to FW 2.02.
I feel very constrained on it. I checked my notes from before and this was the same reason I changed to FW 1.07 for 4500km after upgrading from 1.05.

1.05 is awesome at climbing though. I tried a climb today.. steeper than i've ever tried. Failed horribly and left it at that.
Then I enjoyed the rest of my awesome cruise carving freely and pushing and playing as much as I wanted and the wheel limited me accordingly.

image.png.1f4d387e96cffae706cbbceb2f663bec.png

But of course my average was 20 kmh. The magic number!

Very useful info. Thanks. This will give me confidence with 2.02 when I pull the 16X into rotation on my next ride.

:cheers:

P.s. Work on your self-confidence in the next video. Enough of this wishy washiness. Be assertive dammit  :laughbounce2:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Very useful info. Thanks. This will give me confidence with 2.02 when I pull the 16X into rotation on my next ride.

:cheers:

P.s. Work on your self-confidence in the next video. Enough of this wishy washiness. Be assertive dammit  :laughbounce2:

Haha and here I have been working on being humble and open to new ideas for the past year.
And failed at both. :roflmao:

I am interested in hearing your opinion on 2.02. The firmware changes are very easy.
The upgrade to 2.02 introduces the auto shutdown timer adjustability and it defaulted to 1 minute. I changed it to 1 hour.
At one point I had to recalibrate the wheel since it started dipping forward when turning left and dipping backwards when turning right.
So the gyro was off. We have probably all been there.
Downgrade to 1.05 was painless as well.
It's great to finally have access to these firmware changes!

• Like 3

On 5/18/2020 at 4:46 AM, Marty Backe said:

I love the belle super 3r! Currently in search of a good wrist mirror. Any suggestions?

• Like 1

On 5/18/2020 at 4:46 AM, Marty Backe said:

Sorry, I couldnt resist. ALL the gear ALL the time, yet you break it down to a list of what gear you wear and when? Shouldnt it be more like... Some of the gear sometimes and all of the gear sometimes? Just poking fun, but surely you see the irony? I know, its just for effect, but it makes me chuckle to see when Im not the only ironic fellow around here. I really need to make a video to promote riding naked... maybe itll catch on?

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Nimbus2000 said:

I love the belle super 3r! Currently in search of a good wrist mirror. Any suggestions?

I'm an advocate of the helmet mounted mirror so I'm afraid I have nothing for you regarding the wrist.

46 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Sorry, I couldnt resist. ALL the gear ALL the time, yet you break it down to a list of what gear you wear and when? Shouldnt it be more like... Some of the gear sometimes and all of the gear sometimes? Just poking fun, but surely you see the irony? I know, its just for effect, but it makes me chuckle to see when Im not the only ironic fellow around here. I really need to make a video to promote riding naked... maybe itll catch on?

I hear what you're saying. My main point in the video is to establish some minimum level of gear that will always be worn. Sometimes you'll wear more, but never less (unless it's you and you're riding naked - waiting for the video :popcorn:)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Haha and here I have been working on being humble and open to new ideas for the past year.

I am interested in hearing your opinion on 2.02. The firmware changes are very easy.
The upgrade to 2.02 introduces the auto shutdown timer adjustability and it defaulted to 1 minute. I changed it to 1 hour.
At one point I had to recalibrate the wheel since it started dipping forward when turning left and dipping backwards when turning right.

I really need to play with this. They implemented a shutdown timer :o and set the default to 1 minute :shock2: Wonder why they didn't use 15-seconds? The Z10 auto shuts down (after something like 5+ minutes) and it always annoys me when it does (it generates a loud alarm sound as it shuts down too - what fun when you're waiting in an eatery for your food).

As I recall, KingSong has always recommended that the wheel be recalibrated after a firmware update. The calibration tables must reside in the memory that gets overridden during the re-flash.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I really need to play with this. They implemented a shutdown timer :o and set the default to 1 minute :shock2: Wonder why they didn't use 15-seconds? The Z10 auto shuts down (after something like 5+ minutes) and it always annoys me when it does (it generates a loud alarm sound as it shuts down too - what fun when you're waiting in an eatery for your food).

As I recall, KingSong has always recommended that the wheel be recalibrated after a firmware update. The calibration tables must reside in the memory that gets overridden during the re-flash.

The firmware changes are very easy.

I've been changing firmwares allot lol just to see difference in riding 202 seems very fast and smooth I like it better than 1.05 but my overall favourite is  still 1.07 which I've gone back to 

Firmware changes takes few minutes which I have been changing even when out on a ride sometimes to test in real-time and same conditions on the same trails 

What I don't like is the chaoyang tyre I put on☹️ I much prefer the cx321

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Haha yes lately when I have been hanging around with one of the Z10 riders I have been yanking his Z10 by the handle every 5 minutes lol to keep it alive. Sometimes we take chat breaks at the skate park.

Yes I remember KingSong saying that it should be recalibrated as well. Out of 5 firmware changes I have only had to do it once though. So I figured I would try to NOT calibrate instead of throwing salt over my shoulder after every FW change. :lol:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stephen said:

I've been changing firmwares allot lol just to see difference in riding 202 seems very fast and smooth I like it better than 1.05 but my overall favourite is  still 1.07 which I've gone back to 

Firmware changes takes few minutes which I have been changing even when out on a ride sometimes to test in real-time and same conditions on the same trails 

What I don't like is the chaoyang tyre I put on☹️ I much prefer the cx321

I have yet to change FW while out and about but I am sure I will soon. Perhaps I should try 1.07 again.

The chao yang struggles. I know what you mean man... it's like a little bit of the 16X magic is gone.

• Like 1

@stephen  I really do like your style!! The way that rail wags.... priceless! Next time try beating him with a riding crop, get that xtra couple mph outta the beast! Or for the animal lovers, dangle a carrot?

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

@stephen  I really do like your style!! The way that rail wags.... priceless! Next time try beating him with a riding crop, get that xtra couple mph outta the beast! Or for the animal lovers, dangle a carrot?

I did get asked if that was a wip nobody new it was a selfie stick lol so I just looked weird 😁  thanks

4 hours ago, Flyboy10 said:

My damage report after my 35 mph cutout. Long story short, I didn't realize how low my battery was and cutout. Suffered no road rash and broke my collar bone. My gear saved my life.

Holy smoke. If ever there was an argument for wearing a helmet, this is it. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Flyboy10 said:

My damage report after my 35 mph cutout. Long story short, I didn't realize how low my battery was and cutout. Suffered no road rash and broke my collar bone. My gear saved my life.

glad to hear ur safe!

is that the titan armor or the chinese knockoff?   what would you upgrade from this experience?

5 hours ago, someguy152 said:

is that the titan armor or the chinese knockoff?   what would you upgrade from this experience?

I have all Chinese knock off gear. As far as what I would upgrade. I've been thinking about that. My gear did its job. My doc said that collar bones break so easily because as your shoulder goes down there comes a point when the collar bone touches your rib cage and then snaps because your ribs are stronger. Doc said it only takes 7 lbs to break the collar bone. I think the only thing that would have prevented my break would have been football shoulder pads. I have yet to see body armor that prevents shoulder movement or in other words, the shoulders and chest pieces are connected and can't move.

In my video you can see that the mesh in the shoulder area was destroyed and the straps were loosened. Maybe i just needed tighter straps? Not sure. I honestly don't remember landing on my left side. My armor shows that I landed on my right. The wheel did fall on top of me while I was sliding. How funny would that be if that is was broke my shoulder! I wish I had had a 360 camera on. I'm really curious to see how I fell.

Edited by Flyboy10
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, seage said:

I made a thread about EUC youtube channels and a lot of people weighed in one what they like. I took a lot of that into consideration and finally started my channel with the official content. I hope you guys will enjoy my style of storytelling! This isnt a one off video, its an ongoing thing, so if you like it, if you sub, you'll get more, lmao. 

That was very entertaining to watch. Your dad is fearless :D

• Like 2

That was very entertaining to watch. Your dad is fearless :D

Thanks so much, Marty! Yeah, he really is XD. Hes currently riding my brothers wheel, but you'll be pleased to hear hes buying a Nikola as his first personal wheel! haha. 

• Like 1

On 5/20/2020 at 1:32 PM, stephen said:

Just out for a little ride on the mten3 and seen  a toy horse 🏇  and thought I might have a little fun ride with it 😁 lol it looked good from behind 😁

Anyway here's the video I captured 😂

Hilarious :D Great music selection.

Have you lost weight? Looking good :thumbup: