THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

6 hours ago, Camenbert said:

Hello Marty,

On motorcycle, wobble can happen when bearing start to get some play.
I had that time to time to see failure of the bearing 20.000 km later. Maybe a good idea to check this on your wheel.

Otherwise I start to see the airbag jacket like an obligatory option... Anyone use these already here ?

I looked at motorcycle airbag jackets. They all seem to require a tether, which isn't ideal. Also none of them seem to offer shoulder protection.

1 minute ago, RayRay said:

Not tethered.

Uses Irken technology for deployment.
Irken_logo.jpg.0a757f46a1d65047d59f1a0aaeca06a0.jpg

Okay, then the next question is will it trigger for normal EUC crashes?

Then there's the $700 price tag I see on their website!

Not for EUC's, but may start seeing on bicycles once prices come down further due to increased interest and competition... 

(It looks like the competition is heating up in the smart-jacket market with the Dainese D-air system and Alpinestars Tech-Air 5 going head-to-head.)

Edited by RayRay
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Jon Stern said:

I looked at motorcycle airbag jackets. They all seem to require a tether, which isn't ideal. Also none of them seem to offer shoulder protection.

Watching the video would have explain all (yeah, a little too promotion style but it's short), no tether required, this is so 2010.
It works now by gyroscope and accelerometer, all integrated in the jacket. Technically it would also work if you fall in the stairs.

This airbag jacket is said to protect as 7 back protection, so the shoulder should be fine, and the airbag goes under your jacket if more is required (but can be used alone if it's too hot out there)

8 hours ago, Ben Hatfield said:

EUC curbs and stairs: taking some curb jumps and stair descents on the Kingsong 18XL

Good stuff, but where can i find such sloped curbs and gentle steps. Around here, those curbs are called handicap access ramps... Smooth as hell on the 'stairs' tho. Proof that a suspension isnt required to handle basic street needs. Well done! You do realize that now I have to try this on my 18L and will surely blame you for when it goes horribly wrong. What psi and weight you running? Obviously you're dialed in just fine.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Good stuff, but where can i find such sloped curbs and gentle steps. Around here, those curbs are called handicap access ramps... Smooth as hell on the 'stairs' tho. Proof that a suspension isnt required to handle basic street needs. Well done! You do realize that now I have to try this on my 18L and will surely blame you for when it goes horribly wrong. What psi and weight you running? Obviously you're dialed in just fine.

I'm pretty light at 150lbs/68kg - psi around 40, but I like to keep it a little higher than that at 42.  That gives it a bit of bounce, but that is good for the curbs.  The pad I've put above my feet is useful for jumping and keeping leverage going down stairs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ben Hatfield said:

The pad I've put above my feet is useful for jumping and keeping leverage going down stairs.

How about a picture of your jumping pad?

Bruce

• Like 1

On 6/18/2020 at 8:32 AM, Alien Rides said:

it comes with the ACM pedals, which I think is what they used on the Nikola? Ewheels provides this upgrade, so maybe it doesn't come this way from all sellers.

The Nikola comes with "Nikola" pedals, the largest pedals that Gotway makes (much bigger than the ACM pedals)

• Like 2

On 6/18/2020 at 11:12 PM, ShanesPlanet said:

@Marty Backe Doh, that sucks. Quite a rush I bet... nothing like that adrenaline time warp when shit goes south. Glad you're okay. Was going backwards a decision you made, as I heard you decided to bail? I always assumed a bad wobble would en up with a broken jaw and front damage. Good to see there's choices. Hate to see a man with so many miles under him, come off a wheel with so little outside variables or equipment to blame. Tick tick tick, the clock is running and falling down is on the schedule somewhere it seems. Hope you arent too sore tomorrow, thanks for sharing!

Yeah, it was a rush :D Got my heart going for sure, particularly at the moment I had to let go of the wheel. Your countdown timer is surely clicking away ;)

• Like 1

On 6/18/2020 at 11:17 PM, stephen said:

What wheel was you riding not your new shiny tesla ?

when you started to wobble they are a bit controllable ,,,moving posture moving feet, leaning a bit forward (you know) BUT when your holding a 10ft selfi stick it's hard to do any of that, plus the selfie stick itself gives you wobbles when the wind hits it those are big sticks 

Glad your ok and thanks for the footage

Your 360 lens seems ok you might get a bit of glare from it in a certain spot, I've scratched mine to when it fell over in the wind on a stand 🙁

without holding the Selfie stick i think you could of rode it out maybe

Anyway your ok and it will happen to most of us👍👍👍👍👍 thanks

As others have said, the MSP. It does look like my camera will be usable after. Still deciding. But I got over a year of "action" footage with it, so not too bad :)

• Like 2

On 6/19/2020 at 8:28 AM, erk1024 said:

Hey Marty! Scary stuff. I'm glad you didn't get too banged up. :(

Wheels are trending up in size, and maybe that's a good thing? Certainly the Monster / Monster Pro has more wobble resistance with the larger diameter. The issue with the current Monster is low end torque / responsiveness. But if the Monster Pro handles that with a ridiculously powerful motor...

I've been riding my V3 a lot lately because the top end performance and stability is so fun.

It's looking like the Sherman is super-stable - like driving a semi apparently. Not super in the acceleration or braking department, but fast and steady.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, stephen said:

The feeling going backwards on the 16x is like ice skating 😊 wasn't going to film so i just got phone out and rested it on fence 

You're so smooth and comfortable doing that, I think I hate you

:P

:cheers: :cheers:

• Like 1

On 6/19/2020 at 8:45 AM, RayRay said:

@Marty Backe Good to see you stand-up right after falling. :efefc8626c:

That sort of fall will knock the wind (and confidence) out of you.

We hope you recover soon; (now that the adrenaline has worn off).

Since it wasn't the wheels fault I felt comfortable continuing the ride afterwards. After a little break to catch my breath :)

Thanks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

You're so smooth and comfortable doing that, I think I hate you

:P

:cheers: :cheers:

Aaaw that's cute😊 i hate you to🤗

I can't do it as smooth as that on my other wheels apart from the z10 Ooh and Mten3 😁  the 16x with the cyt tyre on is harder,the CX tyre really helps  on reverse carving👍

Hope your ok after the fall i still blame the 9ft selfie stick why you couldn't regain balance, them things are a menace sometimes especially in the wind 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, stephen said:

Hope your ok after the fall i still blame the 9ft selfie stick why you couldn't regain balance, them things are a menace sometimes especially in the wind 

I say.. VERY LIKELY. I just made a short bs ride vid with my 9' selfie, and it really does mess with you. Its not a BIG deal most times, but when you get to swaying it, it likes to flex a lot. I can TOTALLY see how a case of slight wobbles, gets magnified in an exponential way, with that damn telesin carbon stick in the mix. I noticed that it was worse if the stick was in front or behind me. Having the stick directly overhead helped, but its still a damn menace! With as many miles and as much conditioning as Marty has, its gotta be a failure of equipment or unforseen change in variables. I find it unlikely that Marty just 'forgot' how to ride out wobbles. Geez, the things Marty goes thru to bring us all good content!

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I say.. VERY LIKELY. I just made a short bs ride vid with my 9' selfie, and it really does mess with you. Its not a BIG deal most times, but when you get to swaying it, it likes to flex a lot. I can TOTALLY see how a case of slight wobbles, gets magnified in an exponential way, with that damn telesin carbon stick in the mix. I noticed that it was worse if the stick was in front or behind you. Having the stick directly overhead helped, but its still a damn menace! Geez, the things Marty goes thru to bring us all good content!

It's not too bad in front , behind is somewhat ok but you have to have strong wrist to keep it off the ground as it droops over time , try putting it at the side when still riding and the wind hits it 😬 puts you off balance but you do get good footage from it 👍,,,, you uploading your bs ride 😊

• Like 2