THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

37 minutes ago, stephen said:

Maybe my new intro any comments good or bad welcome to get it any better 👍

Nice intro ... for a movie!

Because this is something you will be adding to every video you upload then there is a problem with it ... its far too long!

People that have already seen the intro several times will be bored and just want to skip straight to the action. If you are going to have an intro, then it should be as short as possible ... 5 seconds maybe? The only exception to this is if there is a different intro on every upload and then that intro could be short clips of what is coming up in the video ... then its fine to have a longer intro as people won't get bored waiting for the video to start.:popcorn:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nic said:

Nice intro ... for a movie!

Because this is something you will be adding to every video you upload then there is a problem with it ... its far too long!

People that have already seen the intro several times will be bored and just want to skip straight to the action. If you are going to have an intro, then it should be as short as possible ... 5 seconds maybe? The only exception to this is if there is a different intro on every upload and then that intro could be short clips of what is coming up in the video ... then its fine to have a longer intro as people won't get bored waiting for the video to start.:popcorn:

Cheers nic i was also thinking it was too long for an intro but enjoyed doing it either way , appreciate the comment and love feedback 👍

Hope you enjoyed the mini film then 😊😊

• Like 1

15 hours ago, z3n said:

Another Z10 ride under the New Normal life in Jakarta, Indonesia. Cheers and stay safe guys! :cheers:

Holy smoke! What an amazing vid to show how things are in Jakarta. Probably the only video I have seen where I spent the entire duration watching it with a wince on my face and one eye closed. Man that was scary :o

The funny thing is, I can't help feeling that to ride in such conditions dictates that everyone is probably more alert and reactive than the myopic idiots we have over here. Pro rata, I wonder if there are actually fewer collisions. That said, there must be quite a few road rash victims given no one seems to wear any protection!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Holy smoke! What an amazing vid to show how things are in Jakarta. Probably the only video I have seen where I spent the entire duration watching it with a wince on my face and one eye closed. Man that was scary :o

The funny thing is, I can't help feeling that to ride in such conditions dictates that everyone is probably more alert and reactive than the myopic idiots we have over here. Pro rata, I wonder if there are actually fewer collisions. That said, there must be quite a few road rash victims given no one seems to wear any protection!

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it man! :cheers:

Welcome to the third world LOL... Yes, we are mostly forced to be more alert whenever we are on the road here in Jakarta, but idiots do exist as well here. Many considered the weather is too hot for wearing enough protection, but actually most Indonesians just don't care enough. Life is cheap here. :facepalm:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Planemo said:

The funny thing is, I can't help feeling that to ride in such conditions dictates that everyone is probably more alert and reactive than the myopic idiots we have over here. Pro rata, I wonder if there are actually fewer collisions.

Indeed, some sources seem to corroborate this! https://bigthink.com/want-less-car-accidents-get-rid-of-traffic-signals-road-signs

Having grown up in 'third world' countries. I can also confirm that I seem to see traffic accidents more frequently around here than in my youth, though that might be completely biased as I probably also spend much more time on the road as an adult, than I did as a kid.

Edited by Tazarinho
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, stephen said:

What pedals are those ,,nikola or tesla

it comes with the ACM pedals, which I think is what they used on the Nikola? Ewheels provides this upgrade, so maybe it doesn't come this way from all sellers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm really glad you escaped with very minor injuries. Destroyed another 360 camera though!

That looked like a really nasty wobble. I'm not sure I could have had the presence of mind to do it in that situation, but when I was getting a lot of wobbles on my new 16x (especially before I changed tire), I would lock my knees. Might that have helped in this case?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jon Stern said:

I'm really glad you escaped with very minor injuries. Destroyed another 360 camera though!

That looked like a really nasty wobble. I'm not sure I could have had the presence of mind to do it in that situation, but when I was getting a lot of wobbles on my new 16x (especially before I changed tire), I would lock my knees. Might that have helped in this case?

There are so many variables, who knows what would have helped. I won't be the last person that crashes due to a wobble.

The lenses are scratched but on the side pointing away from me. So if I keep the POV towards me I may be able to salvage the camera :thumbup:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

What wheel was you riding not your new shiny tesla ?

when you started to wobble they are a bit controllable ,,,moving posture moving feet, leaning a bit forward (you know) BUT when your holding a 10ft selfi stick it's hard to do any of that, plus the selfie stick itself gives you wobbles when the wind hits it those are big sticks 

Glad your ok and thanks for the footage

Your 360 lens seems ok you might get a bit of glare from it in a certain spot, I've scratched mine to when it fell over in the wind on a stand 🙁

without holding the Selfie stick i think you could of rode it out maybe

Anyway your ok and it will happen to most of us👍👍👍👍👍 thanks

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

There are so many variables, who knows what would have helped. I won't be the last person that crashes due to a wobble.

Thanks for posting that up Marty. Just goes to show it can happen to any of us at any time. Glad you're not too busted up bud.

I really, really thought you were going to ride that one out though. I was waiting for you to either speed up a bit or shift weight around but I guess you made the decision it was beyond saving. Sometimes its just impossible I guess. I have had one that bad before (I have only had wobbles under braking) but I was in a position where I had started my braking early and all I did was lean forward a bit - prob not deliberate but more of an 'oh shit' reaction and sub consciously stopped braking - which stopped the wobble immediately, then re-started braking whilst carving and all was good. It looked like you were going downhill though so options for backing off were probably limited, plus carrying a big ass stick which as we know can be a bit of a nightmare. Really happy for you that you geared up!

@stephen looks like it was the MSP mate going by the twin headlights.

• Like 2

Hello Marty,

On motorcycle, wobble can happen when bearing start to get some play.
I had that time to time to see failure of the bearing 20.000 km later. Maybe a good idea to check this on your wheel.

Otherwise I start to see the airbag jacket like an obligatory option... Anyone use these already here ?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Hey Marty! Scary stuff. I'm glad you didn't get too banged up. :(

Wheels are trending up in size, and maybe that's a good thing? Certainly the Monster / Monster Pro has more wobble resistance with the larger diameter. The issue with the current Monster is low end torque / responsiveness. But if the Monster Pro handles that with a ridiculously powerful motor...

I've been riding my V3 a lot lately because the top end performance and stability is so fun.

• Like 2