Monster Pro video with some internal shots... the control board is above the battery and there’s now equal weight distribution side to side. 

• Like 3

I’m “pretty sure” the couple of mp24’s we have seen in the wild are pre-production. Begode has ceased work on all hollow motor wheels (for a few weeks) to get a better understanding on the bearing failure problem. 

Edited by Mrd777
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, EUC Addict said:

I know of at least 7 production Monster Pros. Six of which are in the States and another in the UK.

Nonetheless, production has halted for a couple of weeks to sort out the bearing issue.

Holllyyyy I had no idea of how huge the MP24 is until I saw @Afeez Kay vid pic in direct size comparo with M3. Are we getting to the practical limits of wheel size at least interms of form?

Otherwise, ebikes will be might be as valid a choice as a commuter/rec PEV & arguably, perhaps with more real world practicality on terrains, weather, etc & last but not least, ease of learning. Plus there'd be much many alot more choices. IMO ofcos 

5 hours ago, Mrd777 said:

A review with some action with Chris!

haha, "it's like riding a bear" Gotta love grumpycat @houseofjob I wholeheartedly DISAGREE with evX assessment this wheel is for Monster lovers because it rides nothing like the old Monster.  I would say this wheel as-is appeals to heavy riders, slow range guys, MSX guys looking into riding a wheel with a larger tire, but certainly NOT original Monster lovers or anyone who already owns a Veteran Sherman.  Like I said earlier, it rides more like an MSX than a Monster, whereas the Sherman rides more like a baby Monster.  

• Like 2

How much of this truly is "tuning"/"hollow-bore vs non"/etc that everyone keeps talking about, versus actually just being physics? (Leaving aside pedal stiffness which of course is a firmware tuning decision.) The Monster Pro is the heaviest, largest diameter EUC ever made--over 20-25 pounds *heavier* than even the previous Monster! In the same way that the Sherman doesn't have the best 0-30 mph but people ride it for top speed, weight distribution & stability at speed, range, etc--isn't an even larger, heavier EUC like the Monster inevitably doomed to have an even worse 0-30, etc? Barring a major technological breakthrough like for example lighter batteries that would help offset the weight of these beasts. Or to put it in reverse, in what universe could we hope to make such a large & heavy EUC have the performance of wheels 20-25+ pounds lighter without some kind of advance in the underlying tech?

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AtlasP said:

How much of this truly is "tuning"/"hollow-bore vs non"/etc that everyone keeps talking about, versus actually just being physics? (Leaving aside pedal stiffness which of course is a firmware tuning decision.) The Monster Pro is the heaviest, largest diameter EUC ever made--over 20-25 pounds *heavier* than even the previous Monster! In the same way that the Sherman doesn't have the best 0-30 mph but people ride it for top speed, weight distribution & stability at speed, range, etc--isn't an even larger, heavier EUC like the Monster inevitably doomed to have an even worse 0-30, etc? Barring a major technological breakthrough like for example lighter batteries that would help offset the weight of these beasts. Or to put it in reverse, in what universe could we hope to make such a large & heavy EUC have the performance of wheels 20-25+ pounds lighter without some kind of advance in the underlying tech?

it’s not as hard as you think, it’s as simple as they need to make the tilt angle more sensitive (or allow for more pedal dip) so it can pour more current into the motor, as it stands it takes a LOT of force to feed the Mpro the current it needs to “go fast”. Manageable, but exhausting. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Someone can correct me here, but I'm pretty sure I recall that riders back then were frustrated by Gotway naming their wheels in mysterious BMW-sounding acronyms, so the Monster moniker was one of the suggestions for wheel names on here or FB, either prior or upon release.

I do 100% remember the v1 Monster coming out a month before international in China, and their name on many leaked videos for it was Titan, not Monster.

I don't think it was Facebook because I was barely active there at the time. @Jane Mofirst referred to it as the Monster here, on Nov 3rd 2016. In October I can't find references to it. It went into full production first week in December.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I don't think it was Facebook because I was barely active there at the time. @Jane Mofirst referred to it as the Monster here, on Nov 3rd 2016. In October I can't find references to it. It went into full production first week in December.

They've always been more active on FB (barely). This Jane Mo FB post pre-dates your Nov 3rd date by about 2 weeks:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GotWay/permalink/1228436687214651/

The name polling I referred to wasn't specifically regarding the Monster 22", it was Gotway in general. Unfortunately, FB search sucks, gonna be really hard to find that post if it was actually there that I saw.

• Like 3

I believe that this type of power pad is not suitable for this size of wheel.  The front and rear supports should be farther apart to allow more forward and backward swinging motion.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2020 at 6:49 PM, Ben Kim said:

it’s not as hard as you think, it’s as simple as they need to make the tilt angle more sensitive (or allow for more pedal dip) so it can pour more current into the motor, as it stands it takes a LOT of force to feed the Mpro the current it needs to “go fast”. Manageable, but exhausting. 

Exactly this, I learned to ride on an RS19 I recently was able to try another wheel for the 1st time the 16x. The 16x pedals felt way looser and had more floatiness to them better enabling me to actually leverage, and it is by no means feel like an underpowered wheel. I have  a feeling gotway just applies a blank ride feel to all their wheels without any consideration to wheel size or motor power...