2 minutes ago, Jia Liu said:

Yep, just email sales@ewheels.com and they will send you the invoice.

What is the ETA and price?   I would like to see some info on it before I commit my preorder dollars.

9 hours ago, Petrus said:

So does the watt affect the acceleration too? 

In general, motor wattage numbers say pretty much nothing.

Usually, more W = more oomph. That's how it has been till now. But you cannot predict anything concrete from the motor W number (like 2500W vs. 3000W) as long as it is big enough (2000W and above), and whether "more W" makes a stronger wheel or just coincides with a new model with better firmware or motor construction I'm not sure. In the end, the battery and the firmware (and the electronics) decide how much power can be pumped into a motor (motors can take a ton of power) before battery usage gets too crazy high (not efficient to accelerate a big tire hard) or the battery can't give more or the board fries. Motors are the strongest link.

So you need concrete experiences to tell you how a wheel and its motor turn out. Anything above 2000W seems to be "big enough", and how a specific new motor behaves isn't really told by its W rating (which is a very vague concept anyways as far as I can tell). You need to look what people say about a specific wheel compared to its predecessor with a "weaker" motor, for example.

I'm certainly no expert on this though, that's just my impression how it works.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

In general, motor wattage numbers say pretty much nothing.

Usually, more W = more oomph. That's how it has been till now. But you cannot predict anything concrete from the motor W number (like 2500W vs. 3000W) as long as it is big enough (2000W and above), and whether "more W" makes a stronger wheel or just coincides with a new model with better firmware or motor construction I'm not sure. In the end, the battery and the firmware (and the electronics) decide how much power can be pumped into a motor (motors can take a ton of power) before battery usage gets too crazy high (not efficient to accelerate a big tire hard) or the battery can't give more or the board fries. Motors are the strongest link.

So you need concrete experiences to tell you how a wheel and its motor turn out. Anything above 2000W seems to be "big enough", and how a specific new motor behaves isn't really told by its W rating (which is a very vague concept anyways as far as I can tell). You need to look what people say about a specific wheel compared to its predecessor with a "weaker" motor, for example.

I'm certainly no expert on this though, that's just my impression how it works.

@Petrus

Yep. I agree. And any numbers coming from a Chinese company are suspect.

In physics, wattage is a measure of "power" which is an acceleration times mass. So more power can accelerate faster or accelerate more mass (or both). 

The wattage of an electric motor is usually the maximum continuous output of the motor. But the maximum power of the motor for a short duration can be much higher. All this depends on how much voltage and current is available from the batteries, and as @meepmeepmayer says, it has to go through the control board.

So higher numbers are generally better, but whether an inMotion 2200 watt motor is more powerful than a Gotway 2000w motor is anyone's guess. Better to rely on real-world experience at that point.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, eve said:

Definetly. I mean Sherman has 2500W motor. Its not a number that turns eyes but the motor is a beast.

There also seems to be a tradeoff between torque and speed. In other words, you have wheels with lots of torque (Gotway MSX Pro -- aka MSP) and wheels with high speed (Gotway MSX Pro Speed -- aka the MSS) The Sherman is a high speed motor, but lower torque than the MSP.  

Edited by erk1024

On 9/17/2020 at 12:35 PM, erk1024 said:

I wonder if this also affects the Gotway EX? Both wheels could have the same motor.

Unfortunately, it does ....but latest I heard it could resume by end of September...well it is hard to say...they are now concentrating on RS19  which is more popular model line as of now

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I've heard production begins the week of Oct. 26. Don't confuse my specific date with what the actual production date will be. Some time during that week. Keeping my fingers crossed for a December delivery to California, but the pessimists are saying January 2021.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, shwinston said:

I've heard production begins the week of Oct. 26. Don't confuse my specific date with what the actual production date will be. Some time during that week. Keeping my fingers crossed for a December delivery to California, but the pessimists are saying January 2021.

It’s impressive how late this is, zero news on it from Begode.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2020 at 3:45 PM, Jia Liu said:

You don't have to commit anything by emailing them, just show some interests and they will send you all the info. For the price, since this is my 5th wheel bought from them,  they might give me some discount, so before they post the official price on the website, it may not be appropriate for me to post it here. I'd say it's cheaper than I expected, and worth the upgrade from Sherman for the bigger battery pack and more powerful motor. ETA I got is early November.

bigger battery pack with poorer discharge performance on the Monster Pro, the motor nominal rating means almost nothing as it is strictly the rating the motor can run “indefinitely”. 

your ETA is dead wrong as well considering they aren’t even producing the monster pro yet! 

Hehe, cant wait for the first wheel with Tesla 4860 cells. No parallel configuration needed for those puppies, just twenty cells in series and they can put out at least as many amps as five or six of the best 18650 or 21700 cells in parallel. the only downside I see is that they may be too thick to put them on the sides of the wheel so they may be usable in a Nikola/Inmotion V10 "on top" configuration only.