On 9/13/2020 at 12:36 PM, Paradox said:

What is the ETA and price?

The price at eWheels will be $3490. ETA has been a moving target, but the latest from my communication with Gotway has been production will start this week. One other member here commented they heard the second week of November. Right now they are producing the EX, so whenever they're done with that they'll move on to the Pro.

There a couple guys from Hong Kong testing the wheel right now. Initially reactions are the torque feels good. Breaking is also good. The wheel is heavy and requires using your body weight a lot more at higher speeds.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, shwinston said:

The price at eWheels will be $3490

This price seems high compared preorders on Ali, Chicway and such that come in around $2,900. Speedy feet is selling them around $3,175 .

13 hours ago, Mrd777 said:

This price seems high compared preorders on Ali, Chicway and such that come in around $2,900. Speedy feet is selling them around $3,175 .

Remember that the tech for EUC, or I should say the EUC itself, is patented here in the U.S. eWheels is licensed to sell EUCs by Inventist. According to Inventist, eWheels was licensed in 2008. I have no idea how much the licensing costs, but I'm sure it's passed on to the customer in the price.

Remember that the tech for EUC, or I should say the EUC itself, is patented here in the U.S. eWheels is licensed to sell EUCs by Inventist. According to Inventist, eWheels was licensed in 2008. I have no idea how much the licensing costs, but I'm sure it's passed on to the customer in the price.

Believe me I love ewheels,  I am a HUGE supporter and fan, and take nothing away from them, their service and support is top notch.  Im just stating open market prices which are always relevant to us. Having several choices as consumers keeps the market healthy.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, shwinston said:

The Monster V1 was released end of 2016 with a 1600W motor set in a 22" wheel and an optional 84v 1600Wh or 2400Wh battery.

Just keep in mind the the current monster's tire is actually 23.2" outer diameter and the new Monster Pro is 24" inches in outer diameter. So only 0.8 inches bigger in terms of the wheel. Also the shell seems to be a bit wider. 

Edited by erk1024
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, erk1024 said:

Just keep in mind the the current monster's tire is actually 23.2"

EUC tire measurements are a mess. Just for take of conversation I make it simple and go with published tire size. I'm aware that most if not all tires are not actually the size the company's say they are.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shwinston said:

EUC tire measurements are a mess.

We seem to be transitioning from a measurement that doesn't have a direct correlation to outer diameter, which is a good thing. At least it's true for the Sherman and Monster Pro.

1 minute ago, shwinston said:

I say we just go by the rim dimensions. That's simple enough for me.

It's not up to us, of course. I think the manufacturers want to make their wheels sound bigger, so they are using outer diameter. Seems reasonable.

I say we just go by the rim dimensions. That's simple enough for me.

2 hours ago, erk1024 said:

It's not up to us, of course. I think the manufacturers want to make their wheels sound bigger, so they are using outer diameter. Seems reasonable.

This is the reason why proper motorcycle tires list in either [Width (in)] - [Rim Diameter (in)] or [Width (mm)]/[Sidewall Height in % of Width] - [Rim Diameter (in)] formats, since outer diameter fluctuates tire model to tire model.

• Like 3

eWheels increased the price of the Monster Pro from $3490 to $3590 to bring parity between the Pro and EX. The price increased because of the changes and improvements eWheels requested from Gotway on the EX. An 8 amp charger, fender and power pads will be included in the new pricing.

• Like 1

Gotway's Monster Pro hits 65 mph in spin test

A video recently surfaced of a spin test for the Monster Pro. Earlier attempts by Hong Kong based 852 Electric O didn't work because the Monster Pro hadn't been configured yet to connect to any of the apps including Gotway's own app. The spin test topped out at... (Read more)

• Like 1

On 11/5/2020 at 5:31 PM, erk1024 said:

Just keep in mind the the current monster's tire is actually 23.2" outer diameter and the new Monster Pro is 24" inches in outer diameter. So only 0.8 inches bigger in terms of the wheel. Also the shell seems to be a bit wider. 

i think it’s the same way veteran claims their sherman is 20 inches compared to 18/19 for conventional wheels on 14 inch rims. 

• Like 2

On 11/5/2020 at 5:18 PM, EUC Addict said:

It's November, and Gotway still hasn't started production of the Monster Pro, but Gotway representatives are hopeful production will begin within the first half of Novembe

Actually, according to Begode, production starts at the beginning of December now. Realistically I don’t think we will see them stateside till 2021.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mrd777 said:

Actually, according to Begode, production starts at the beginning of December now. Realistically I don’t think we will see them stateside till 2021.

The last I heard was late November with delivery in mid-January. And when I say heard I mean heard from Gotway. They obviously don’t know when they will start as it keeps changing constantly. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EUC Addict said:

Gotway employee rode the Monster Pro 541 miles from Gotway factory to San Ya City. Rider weighed 132 lbs. and carried a 22 lbs. backpack. His average speed was 18 mph and the ride took him 28.5 hrs. He was able to ride about 100 miles on one charge with 10% (79.9v) battery remaining.

Quick math says this would have required a 35mph ish average while moving and a 12-15A charger with not doing anything else.  So seems legit!  Impressive.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EUC Addict said:

Gotway employee rode the Monster Pro 541 miles from Gotway factory to San Ya City. Rider weighed 132 lbs. and carried a 22 lbs. backpack. His average speed was 18 mph and the ride took him 28.5 hrs. He was able to ride about 100 miles on one charge with 10% (79.9v) battery remaining.

Thats impressive. What really catches my attention is how small they are making people nowadays :) Almost looks like he wont have to sit much to use the seat.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

On 11/19/2020 at 6:58 PM, ShanesPlanet said:

Thats impressive. What really catches my attention is how small they are making people nowadays :) Almost looks like he wont have to sit much to use the seat.

Yeah this photo of rider and wheel caught my eye for size comparison too. Can't tell how far back the rider is standing from the wheel. I have my heart set on this wheel, but I'm only 5'4" so I'm also concerned about maneuverability and comfort. I had a Monster and that was no problem, but this one at 100lbs and taller than the Monster has me waiting and watching before I buy. Well the size and long-term reliability of the hollow motor bearings both have me waiting.

Here is a size comparison of all Gotway wheels:

Edited by Michael Tucker
  • Like 2