• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ronin Ryder said:

Are the honey comb pedals included in the MonsterPro? Seems every online video has them installed already. 

braking... can firmware fix this?

feel of the wheel likely can change dramatically with different tires.

a weak rim structure is very concerning. What are rims made of? Are they like bicycle rims or motorcycle? Never paid much attention... but will start to when looking at EUC.

Begode should just do a UStride and start making pedal hangers with a detachable attachment point below the pedals for a cage to be outfitted. An accessory market to boost revenue.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kekafuch said:

Are the honey comb pedals included in the MonsterPro? Seems every online video has them installed already. 

braking... can firmware fix this?

feel of the wheel likely can change dramatically with different tires.

a weak rim structure is very concerning. What are rims made of? Are they like bicycle rims or motorcycle? Never paid much attention... but will start to when looking at EUC.

Begode should just do a UStride and start making pedal hangers with a detachable attachment point below the pedals for a cage to be outfitted. An accessory market to boost revenue.

firmware: probably? but will it be? no idea.

Pedals: these were the chicway pedals.

Rim: It should be ok if you dont abuse it. But that's a shame for such an expensive wheel.

Cage: I believe splyce will make one for the Monster pro, according to his live on thablackcobra show.

Edited by Ronin Ryder

3 hours ago, EUC Addict said:

Well Monster Pro production appears to be happening now. I was told by my dealer that my wheel was on the production line and would ship next week. With a projected 35 day shipping time, I may get my while Feb. 15-19. Hopefully there won't be any port delays.

Congrats. Just dont jump with it though :

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CJrjmMOgFTn/?igshid=1d0sh2f0sivdh

Edited by Ronin Ryder

14 hours ago, EUC Addict said:

Kuji has the Monster Pro. I’ll be very interested to see him ride it and what his thoughts are about it.

From where he is, he could ride to Thailand with that kind of range! Kuji’s riding ability is on another level. His original Sherman video makes the wheel look like it can handle offroad, jumps, speed, agility. But yeah, definitely waiting on a Kuji video thats for sure.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Kekafuch said:

From where he is, he could ride to Thailand with that kind of range! 

Kuji moved to Dali in Yunnan province. He's much closer to northern Myanmar aka Burma & Tibet than anywhere in Thailand. It's a good place to be if one wants to be a Buddhist monk😄. Wonder why he moved from Beijing to Dali. Its literally like you moving from Van to Newfieland 🤔

One would think Shenzhen would be the place for reviewing new Chinese PEV gadgets. Regardless I'm glad he's back. For a while there, I thought he was "recruited" by the CCP for higher "education" in one of 'em famed camps.

10 minutes ago, Scottie888 said:

Kuji moved to Dali in Yunnan province. He's much closer to northern Myanmar aka Burma & Tibet than anywhere in Thailand. It's a good place to be if one wants to be a Buddhist monk😄. Wonder why he moved from Beijing to Dali. Its literally like you moving from Van to Newfieland 🤔

One would think Shenzhen would be the place for reviewing new Chinese PEV gadgets. Regardless I'm glad he's back. For a while there, I thought he was "recruited" by the CCP for higher "education" in one of 'em famed camps.

Likely for healthy lifestyle. Yunaan has always been popular for  domestic Chinese tourism. It has blue skies and favourable “spring” weather for most of the year. Kunming capital is now a tier 2 city and with it alot of new economic focus that benefits the entire region. With the new airport in Kunming, it interestingly has approved direct flights to YVR (Vancouver) of all places. 

Kuji obviously has a private life outside EUC. I am kind of curious too why the move and what official work he does for any EUC manufacturers.

The Monster Pro: SoCal's perfect cruiser

I rode the Monster Pro today for a whopping three miles up and down Production Avenue just outside of EUCO, a San Diego based electric unicycle (EUC) dealer. EUCO employee Nicholas McCutcheon promptly met me at the store front at 11:00 a.m. on his newly restored Veteran Sherman. He had lent it to Adam Christensen (Flyboy) for one of Marty Backe's Sherman only rides and unfortunately Adam crashed it going 35 mph on his way home from work. Marty and Adam talk about the crash here at minute 4:43.

I waited a few minutes while Nick went inside to get the Monster Pro. Admittedly, I was beginning to feel a tad intimidated by the rumored size. He wheeled it out the front door. (Read more)

Edited by EUC Addict
Updated link and added video
  • Like 3

@Hsiang"Despite its vast potential, this wheel seems to suffer from a distinct lack of testing and refinement" Well it's a Gotway;)

Too bad Gotway went into panic mode due to the Sherman. The parts unaffected by this are great - I just love the big, visible, cool-looking running lights on this and the RS. So they're certainly capable of better things if they keep their calm.

• Like 3

This was going to be my next wheel because of the 24” tire size, but I’m going to wait for what Veteran comes with next, be it an 18” or 24” version.

Monster Pro is just terrible in every way, except the ride feel of the quiet motor and smooth tire tread.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mango said:

This was going to be my next wheel because of the 24” tire size, but I’m going to wait for what Veteran comes with next, be it an 18” or 24” version.

Monster Pro is just terrible in every way, except the ride feel of the quiet motor and smooth tire tread.

Rumors says it will be 16',nothing confirmed. 

Yeah speedyfeet was quite explicit on how he disliked the mpro😅

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

@Hsiang"Despite its vast potential, this wheel seems to suffer from a distinct lack of testing and refinement" Well it's a Gotway;)

Too bad Gotway went into panic mode due to the Sherman. The parts unaffected by this are great - I just love the big, visible, cool-looking running lights on this and the RS. So they're certainly capable of better things if they keep their calm.

This was even worst than the usual “Gotway” it really feels like they simply scaled up their design without taking into consideration the ramification from having a significantly larger motor and power supply system.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, EUChristian said:

Had this pegged as next wheel. Didn't read this entire thread but can the braking issue be fixed through firmware?

It certainly can be improved with better firmware. Question is, how much is the firmware responsible for the braking behavior, and how much is it just the wheel's geometry which doesn't change?

So it remains to be seen how much a future iteration of the Monster Pro improves. We'll see...