24 minutes ago, erk1024 said:

There's another thing to consider and that is with a larger diameter wheel, you're less likely to get a "death wobble" like Kuji experienced going fast on the Sherman (with the street tire). This wheel should have more stability. But people say the Sherman is remarkably stable (esp with the off-road tire) so who knows? But TBH, going that fast on an EUC doesn't seems like a great idea.

there's no match in stability between a 24' and a 20' wheel, not even comparable, even the actual 22' monster overkill any other wheel on this point.

60km/h on the monster is like 50km/h on msp and similar

(but you probably know becouse you have one :D )

BTW 24inch is godlike :ph34r:

Edited by EMA
  • Like 3

I cant wait for your beta tes-  early adopters to get the wheel! I just purchased a monster V3 (still waiting on gotway for 3 months to send it, lol) after waiting quite some time, for them to refine it and all that nonsense. Im going to do the same here. Gonna keep my Monster in good condition and wait and see what happens with the pro. Its gonna be crazy. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/11/2020 at 10:08 AM, erk1024 said:

There's another thing to consider and that is with a larger diameter wheel, you're less likely to get a "death wobble" like Kuji experienced going fast on the Sherman (with the street tire). This wheel should have more stability. But people say the Sherman is remarkably stable (esp with the off-road tire) so who knows? But TBH, going that fast on an EUC doesn't seems like a great idea.

Zero stability issues on the Sherman even speeds north of 40 mph with the off-road. I’m not a particularly skilled rider or anything but it’s so easy and effortless to push it and push hard. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, eve said:

how likely is it that moster pro can go as fast as Sherman?

It has a free load speed of 106 km/h ... so I assume it will go the same speed. I’m hoping it has faster acceleration. Gotway obviously put this out to compete with the Sherman, so I expect it to be the King.  ( and I’m not referring to Kingsong).  I believe it’s currently in production.

3 hours ago, Mrd777 said:

It has a free load speed of 106 km/h ... so I assume it will go the same speed. I’m hoping it has faster acceleration. Gotway obviously put this out to compete with the Sherman, so I expect it to be the King.  ( and I’m not referring to Kingsong).  I believe it’s currently in production.

I didn’t see this as a direct competitor to The Veteran...

We can always compare.  But for GMP a free speed of 106 klm / h is higher than the sherman.

A 3500 watt motor is much better than the Sherman.

A 24 inch wheel is more stable than Sherman.

A 3600 watt hour battery is always more than a sherman.

😉

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, GothamMike said:

Gotway needs to improve durability. 

Some of their wheels are pretty durable actually, Nikola is a tank, the Mten3 and MCM5 can also take a hit.  It's the larger more popular wheels (mSuper, Monster) that split on impact. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

1. Sherman’s have a 107 kmh no load speed. 

2. 3500W is nominal rating, the power level the motor can run indefinitely, not an indicator of how fast it is, see #4 for more detail  

3. 2.75” vs 3”, but likely true. 

4. 3600Wh with only 8p, hence will have more voltage sag, and lower sustained power output than the Veteran Sherman (7.3A *8 vs 10A *10). Not to mention, Gotways are dead at 3.3V vs 3.1V on Veteran, so in terms of “more range” I would argue the difference will be of the 3-5 mile variety. 

Voltage sag is a function of ESR of the batteries.  If you look at the ESR or a 21700 cell in 8p, versus 18650 cell in 10p, you'd see the resistance, and hence sag, is lower in the 21700.  The cells themselves have lots more surface area in them.  

In general, you can barely compare 2 cells of the same size like you did as they are highly dependent on other choices that relate to capacity, much less cells of differing sizes.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GothamMike said:

Gotway needs to improve durability. 

GotWay just needs to improve, period!!!

• Like 1

recent msx/msp shell do take a hit, a lot actually, if you're able to split a shell in 2020 you've probably crashed at 40mph :cry2: 

(i don't see this kind of use with others wheels ... )

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bryon01 said:

Voltage sag is a function of ESR of the batteries.  If you look at the ESR or a 21700 cell in 8p, versus 18650 cell in 10p, you'd see the resistance, and hence sag, is lower in the 21700.  The cells themselves have lots more surface area in them.  

In general, you can barely compare 2 cells of the same size like you did as they are highly dependent on other choices that relate to capacity, much less cells of differing sizes.

You fail to mention lower resistance is if you are comparing a single cell to a single cell. If you compared resistance of an 18650 pack to a 21700 pack with equivalent Wh, you’d see the difference is significantly less. 

Now when you compare the internal resistance of a single daisy-chained 8p 21700 pack like Gotway historically does to the 2x 5p setup of a Veteran, the Veteran will have lower overall resistance than the Monster Pro. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EMA said:

recent msx/msp shell do take a hit

Nah, it's still the same construction that MSuper's have been since MSV3.
Our locals have blown MSP shells apart on two separate occasions in the last month from crashes at ~25mph.

Wrap it in pads, then it can really take a beating.

Edited by RagingGrandpa
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, EMA said:

recent msx/msp shell do take a hit, a lot actually, if you're able to split a shell in 2020 you've probably crashed at 40mph :cry2: 

(i don't see this kind of use with others wheels ... )

Mine is rock solid (2018)

I’ve had to replace pedals and pins but the shell is basically as it was when I bought it (not quite seamlessly together - but not a gap that I’m concerned about).

• Like 2

On 8/31/2020 at 9:35 AM, Ben Kim said:

You fail to mention lower resistance is if you are comparing a single cell to a single cell. If you compared resistance of an 18650 pack to a 21700 pack with equivalent Wh, you’d see the difference is significantly less. 

Now when you compare the internal resistance of a single daisy-chained 8p 21700 pack like Gotway historically does to the 2x 5p setup of a Veteran, the Veteran will have lower overall resistance than the Monster Pro. 

Pretty sure I directly stated you are incorrect and used the terms 8p and 10p.  Still true that you are incorrect.  I have an excess of battery data in my head from my day job.  I don't intend to do your homework for you though as you can easily dig up the data online and prove this to yourself.

• Like 1