8 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

What do you think of the (sharply criticized) braking? Did they improve on that?

don't know if the first demos has a different firmware but this one brake absolutely well for it's size/wheight.

it's not soft as my EX but works pretty nice, i was impressed

all the latest firmware has improved braking a lot, i've the EX and EXN and they are awesome

Edited by EMA
  • Like 1

On 4/15/2021 at 6:32 PM, Killian253 said:

Mine will be here tomorrow.  Free motion shop has them in stock. I was told its the latest revision with battery fuses, new control board, new bearing manufacturer,and controller completely covered up under the case. Will report back tomorrow.  

I'm wanting to get one later in the year. I'm riding my RS daily in Steilacoom park. It usually overheats a few times a session. They're some very steep trails I take it on. It overheats going down and up hill. PM me if you want to ride together. 

Edited by Unipilot69
Spelling
  • Like 1

On 4/16/2021 at 4:32 AM, Killian253 said:

Mine will be here tomorrow.  Free motion shop has them in stock. I was told its the latest revision with battery fuses, new control board, new bearing manufacturer,and controller completely covered up under the case. Will report back tomorrow.  

Still waiting for your feedback :D

My monster pro got out of production last Friday and it is expected to ship for 50-60 days (China>Europe/Bulgaria)..
I`m so excited. 

• Like 2

On 4/23/2021 at 2:04 AM, Doug Hnut said:

Had my monster pro for about a month now. ordered from ali in august. put 1000km on it. V2 board i think(<75v tiltback and oscillations while seated over uneven roads and higher speeds)

Its a great highway wheel, probably the best. super stable at high speeds. during a test run i recorded, i hit 83 kph(euc world wheel speed) and did not hear beeps in the video.  its needs pads. with the right pads, bigger pedals and weight shift it will accelerate quite fast, its just slow from a dead stop. braking requires a fair amount of body weight against the power pads to stop. it is something im getting use to. initially its was unnerving and dangerous. carving at low speeds is easy, but at high speeds it's difficult. the wheel wants to stay upright. turning at high speed is challenging, but the seat helps me to leverage the wheel a bit more. i think i just need more practice. comfort over small stuff is not noticeable. but the big bumps really kick you up, more so than my MSX by a lot. the wheel bounces like a basketball, my least favorite part of this wheel. i think it has to do with the shitty thin walled tire. its a grippy tire but compresses easily. i run it at 35psi where i run 25 psi on my MSX. i received a Michelin pilot street 90/90-18 and will install that in the future. it has a much thicker carcass and hopefully it will reduce this basketball effect. 

this wheel needs waterproofing done to it. i got stuck in the rain for 45min. opened the side panels and water poured out from both sides. water ingress was mostly from the RGB led lights. i believe with the cooling fan exhausting air out of the case , it creates a vacuum inside. sucking in dust dirt and water from any available ingress point. i will remedy this with a bunch of silicone sealant. the last problem ive have with this wheel is the chinesium rim. regular trail riding with dip and bumps i ended up with a ~8in chunk of the rim flying off.  i will be getting a new motor from my seller, it just sucks i wont be able to ride this wheel until then. 

i feel this is a purpose built wheel, awesome at one thing and shitty at others. i still love it for what it is, a fast smooth highway wheel. besides the problems ive had with it, i wish this wheel would have a larger battery in the future

it’s not the rim that sucks, it’s the tire. When your new rim comes, install that Pilot Street immediately. that stiff sidewall will offer some significant protection from rim cracks/dents. 

When you can fold a tire like a piece of paper, you know it isn’t the right tire for a 90+ lb wheel. 

• Like 1

On 4/28/2021 at 4:25 AM, Ben Kim said:

When your new rim comes, install that Pilot Street immediately.

Exactly, I just installed a 70/90-14 "Pilot Street 2" on my MSP and its fantastic. Some may find it twitchy as it does turn quickly, however I love it.

Edited by Mrd777

I ride the pro monster with a 90 / 90-18 tire and only 18 pounds of pressure.  To avoid the rebound effect.  My weight is 150 pounds.  This type of tire seems to need less pressure.

IMG_20210428_161219_044.jpg

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Brian Scheuring said:

Does anyone know of a place that stocks a Monster Pro seat?  I'd hate to have to wait a month to get one through Ali.

Contact Wheeltech through message on Aliexpress, request a quote with DHL shipping.  His DHL shipping rates are pretty reasonable for smaller items like seats and control boards, I've used him multiple times for parts, never had an issue.  

• Like 1

On 4/28/2021 at 11:59 PM, Ben Kim said:

Just got my wheel today and YES they improved it dramatically. 

Well im glad I have a fresh updated main board on the way from begode! I'm 100% certain I have the first firmware that was on demo units. It oscillates when seated or leaning hard on the power pads, pedal dip is ridiculous, and breaking requires immense pressure on the breaking pads with your upper body! 

I have already installed my pilot street tire. What a difference! No more rim smacking and tire folding under on hard carves! And no more stupid tube!

On 4/18/2021 at 10:01 PM, Unipilot69 said:

I'm wanting to get one later in the year. I'm riding my RS daily in Steilacoom park. It usually overheats a few times a session. They're some very steep trails I take it on. It overheats going down and up hill. PM me if you want to ride together. 

Id love to ride sometime. Although I'd rather ride on the asphalt honestly.

I have the HS version. It's the second batch. My motor covers have Begode stamped on them but the bearing flange covers most of the bearing. I drilled water drain holes and put real grease in the bearings when I removed bad bearings. If I blow the motor I will try and replace it with the C38 and matching controller. I'm not sure if the difference is in just the rim magnets or if the stator is wound different.

On 4/30/2021 at 4:01 PM, Killian253 said:

Well im glad I have a fresh updated main board on the way from begode! I'm 100% certain I have the first firmware that was on demo units. It oscillates when seated or leaning hard on the power pads, pedal dip is ridiculous, and breaking requires immense pressure on the breaking pads with your upper body! 

I have already installed my pilot street tire. What a difference! No more rim smacking and tire folding under on hard carves! And no more stupid tube!

i’m hearing conflicting info. some people say the pilot street is awful on the monster pro on the turns, some say it’s great. i have the tire in my possession along with a Vee Rubber VMR054 (very similar to the original Monster C117 tire), not sure which to install. 

Yes, my V2/3 board is reasonably easy to brake and the forward pedal action is similar to the original Monster (not exactly). Sherman is still much easier though, i overall think it’s a more responsive wheel in general. 

I tried the Pilot on my MSX, didnt like it at all. Way too twitchy and harsher than the 5102, prob due to the stiffer tubeless construction. So twitchy in fact that I didnt have the Kahunas to even try it at speed. I took it off after 4 miles.

YMMV though, the Monster is gonna be less twitchy in general, and I will caveat that I did fit the 80/90 size which tbf is too wide for the MSX rim as it pulls the tyre beads in, making for a profile which is pointier (and therefore twitchier) than it should be. I would have liked to try the 70/90 but I still think it would be harsher than I would like. I am not convinced that MC (tubeless) tyres are ideal on euc's, certainly on non-suspended wheels.

• 3 months later...

Anyone else having disappointing range from the Monster Pro ?

My Monster arrived this week at my local dealer place (he will send it to me tomorrow) he did a range test with the following results:

His weight (68kg geared):

Monster Pro is equipped with the Gotway offroad tire, 2.75 r18

tndb2as_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=gra

AVG speed  - 50km\h 
Max speed 78 kmh - he said he couldn't push more lol he felt that the wheel would cut off | some gyro rumbling |

He rode for ~45 km and the battery dropped from 94% to 13%
LyXmjkL.png

1 hour ago, Nivel said:

AVG speed  - 50km\h

this is something pretty high to compare on, btw don't know the algorithm you are using on EUC World but 86V is not 13%, should be around 35%

it's better to use custom voltage on EUC World with a range 79.2V-99V 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EMA said:

86V is not 13%, should be around 35%

Agreed. And I've observed new Gotways discharging to 3.25V/cell before tiltback, so a little more discharge than their old standard of 3.3.

3 hours ago, Nivel said:

He rode for ~45 km and the battery dropped from 94% to 13%

Since we don't necessarily trust the bluetooth-reported values, better to 'range test' by riding a full battery all the way down to tiltback.
I think you'll be surprised how long it lets you continue ;) 

I would say that this is ok.

Reportedly, riding a Tesla (1000Wh) near full speed (50kph) from full to empty gives 20km range. So 45 km for 50kph average, starting at 94% (which is less than full, full would be something like 110% on paper as 100% is not at the full voltage) and going to 3X% (apparently), seems fair even for the huge Monster Pro battery.

Wind resistance at high speed kills range like nothing. 50kph average and 78kph(!) max is fast. And he lost the range from not having charged to full and not riding down to the tiltback.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Agreed. And I've observed new Gotways discharging to 3.25V/cell before tiltback, so a little more discharge than their old standard of 3.3.

all newest firmware has 0% tilt back at 78V, 3.25V/cell ;)

btw comparing range with different riders is almost impossible, too many factors implied 

• Like 1