19 minutes ago, Will R said:

Looking forward to the 4kwh, 4500w v2 with tri-headlight and 45° pedals coming out as soon as all the preorders are in for the v1.

Jokes aside though, I can't wait to see that motor tech drip down to Gotway's next gen of 18's.

Unfortunately I think we need more batteries to properly feed a 4500-watt motor. There's room in a 24-inch wheel. 18-inch? Not so much :(

• Like 3

Why do you have to be so right 😭

I see fantomas ride with an external pack almost exclusively now though, I wonder if backpack expansions are just the way things will go until we have a huge breakthrough in density.  

• Like 2

The negative Nancy in me thinks this wheel will suck simply because it will be SLOWER than the current gen Monster, but I’m hoping it’s equally as fast (89-90kmh freespin) because it’s an instant buy for me if it is. 

I really dislike where Gotway is heading with more torque and lower top speed. Those of us in more suburban areas with pristine road conditions would appreciate higher top speeds. 

• Like 2

Just now, Marty Backe said:

If the motor is indeed >4000-watts then I think that power will greatly help to overcome the limitations of a 24-inch wheel. After all, the Tesla car has bigger wheels but it's not exactly slow.

Gotway released one wheel with reduced speed (still a very fast wheel - faster than any KingSong or Inmotion or Ninebot) and increased torque. 1 does not a trend make.

After their president face planted on that dten scooter they’ve trended “safe” and i am afraid the MSpro is a sign of things to come. I hope i’m proven wrong because i’m ready to buy it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

After their president face planted on that dten scooter they’ve trended “safe” and i am afraid the MSpro is a sign of things to come. I hope i’m proven wrong because i’m ready to buy it. 

So what's the slowest wheel that you'll buy? Would 40-mph be unacceptable?

23 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

So what's the slowest wheel that you'll buy? Would 40-mph be unacceptable?

Given top speed is battery, slope, weight, and skill based, Ill compare apples to apples and reference the freespin speeds; If it freespins to what the current Monster does, that is acceptable to me. Ideally, more would be nicer but i’m not asking too much. 

4 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Is this an official picture?

Looks like it is the same size as the Monster, just they give the real diameter instead of "22 inch".

3600Wh:w00t2:

I don't know... with 4x 900wh battery packs, the board is probably top-mounted, so it's gonna have to be different...

Edited by Arbolest
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Is this an official picture?

Looks like it is the same size as the Monster, just they give the real diameter instead of "22 inch".

yes it's official and it's real 24 inch, they need the 2 inch more to put the 4th battery pack into ;)

• Like 2

Just now, meepmeepmayer said:

Not sure if you are joking or serious. Isn't the Monster close to 24 inches real diameter?

i'm serious and i mean it's bigger ;) 

monster right now has 17' rim and a 23 inch outer diameter (if i remember correctly)

• Like 2

Looks like it will have the handle finally - check the rounded ends shape below the main handle - this seems to be retractable handle...  

Edited by Lukasz
  • Like 2

• Marty Backe changed the title to Gotway Monster Pro