9 hours ago, Dancer said:

The 3.00-18 would make ik 24.7 inch overall.

That's just one inch smaller than a triathlon road bike wheel. Big motor, big rim/tire, 3400wh ... what's the weight going to be?! 

• Like 1

I’m getting very excited for this wheel! I’ve been wanting Gotway to redo the monster for along time...and I like what they have done! This might be my first Gotway. Hope they are able to compete with the Sherman, otherwise I might have to flip for the veteran.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fuerte said:

This might be my next wheel, I hope they don’t limit the top speed...

they never have

12 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

they never have

Maybe @Fuerte is hoping they won't use a motor that's slower than the current speed kings to increase torque, as was done on the MSP. I'm hoping this as well! I'm very enticed by the Sherman's 50mph top speed, but I'd definitely need to save up a bit before committing to a new wheel purchase and I still want to wait and see how this wheel turns out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

Maybe @Fuerte is hoping they won't use a motor that's slower than the current speed kings to increase torque, as was done on the MSP. I'm hoping this as well! I'm very enticed by the Sherman's 50mph top speed, but I'd definitely need to save up a bit before committing to a new wheel purchase and I still want to wait and see how this wheel turns out.

50 mph "claimed"

https://m.facebook.com/groups/819824711409186?view=permalink&id=3191394047585562

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

Maybe @Fuerte is hoping they won't use a motor that's slower than the current speed kings to increase torque, as was done on the MSP.

4000W motor power.... well, when truck goes out of fuel (power), with Monster Pro, driver can push his truck to gas (power) station :efee8319ab:

11 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

Ugh, look at those flimsy screw posts.

After I saw the picture on FB this morning I thought the same. But I decided to keep my mouth closed. I didn't want to look like a Gotway basher. 

My hope to buy a Gotway this year, preferably with suspension, goes more and more to zero when I see that the quality gets worse rather than better. :crying:

As the weight of the EUC goes up it doesn't appear that Gotway is increasing the thickness of the shell to match.  I expect that crashing this guy will lead to the shell being destroyed.   I suspect that the original monster suffers the same fate.  It isn't that the shell is different, it is the fact that the wheel weighs more and is larger that gives rise to why it is so damage prone.  If they increased the thickness and supports in the shell it could take more of a pounding.

I'm also not sold on the veteran approach of wrapping it in metal.  That will just bend but not really prevent damage.  Plastic is better at absorbing the energy and springing back to shape.  (If thick enough)

14 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

Ugh, look at those flimsy screw posts.  They're not any beefier than the ones on the Monster V3! 

I thought the ones on the Monster 3 were OK. They were plastic posts with brass inserts. The screws were machine screws (instead of the woodscrews they used to use). The brass inserts do a decent job of distributing force to the plastic.

CopperScrews.jpg

Edited by erk1024
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

Ugh, look at those flimsy screw posts.  They're not any beefier than the ones on the Monster V3!  Add on 3600Wh of battery this shell is gonna split in half after one crash.  After looking inside the Veteran Sherman fit and finish, my standards have gone up tenfold.  

Yeah, unfortunately it does appear to be a scaled up version of what they've been doing all along. There needs to be a lot more hardware in this new wheel to make it survive.

If I get one, which I really want to, I highly doubt that I'll take it on any trails or places where I might drop it.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, bryon01 said:

I'm also not sold on the veteran approach of wrapping it in metal.  That will just bend but not really prevent damage.  Plastic is better at absorbing the energy and springing back to shape.  (If thick enough)

While plastic does indeed spring back due to its elasticity, bending metal is a considerably better way to absorb energy than bouncing plastic. Absorbing impacts is the whole point of crumple zones in cars, they reduce the energy going to the delicate bits (your body, or the PCB/batteries). I personally completely embrace the softish metal bar approach to high-speed crash-protection.

2 hours ago, EMA said:

new pics, including the new bigger pedals

nice

pic.1 -  I have feeling I see MSuper shell enlarged by inflation - like overblown air mattress.

pic.2 - are they really bigger? I can´t compare them on this pic, because of bad placement for comparison

image.png.e7b2baa83ea88e921e227537d60c2cec.png