4 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The front/back corners of the shell look like there is not much ground clearance.

It seems not to be different from Sherman´s metal bars at the same place.

4 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

It does indeed look like a scaled-up msuper. Not spectacular, but not bad either.

There is speaker cover (?) instead of MSuper´s handlebar. I can´t see then any difference in shape.

For me it has very similar design

Edited by Esbu

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The front/back corners of the shell look like there is not much ground clearance.

Maybe there is due to the sheer size.

It does indeed look like a scaled-up msuper. Not spectacular, but not bad either.

• I noticed the clearance at the corners as well. My guess was the huge rectangular battery pack needed the space. Hopefully the body wouldn't come in contact if you hit a curb hard enough? 
  • The speaker up high is better placement for hearing it, and keeps it out of harm's way, but also exposes to rain. 
  • The pedal looks a half inch wider and longer, hard to say if that's equivalent to Nikola pedals

In terms of being 24", they just went up from a 17" to an 18" rim size, so not really two extra inches you'd expect from going from a "22 inch" to "24 inch" wheel. The Monster was actually 23.2" outer diameter. So not crazy big, just a bit bigger than the current Monster.

Edited by erk1024
  • Like 3

On 6/24/2020 at 2:39 PM, Rudy Sijnke said:

No trolly handle? 🙄😢

Not sure. It might have a trolley handle. One of the pictures shows a handle that comes out of the side, like the Tesla, maybe? Hard to tell from the rendering. I think somebody mentioned that it had a handle. The handle wouldn't have to be that tall, as the body itself is already tall.

I'm a little surprised they are making another Monster. I wonder how many of the previous ones they sold? I love mine because of the roadworthiness. And if it had more torque, could be an amazing wheel. As it is, the Monster climbs surprisingly well all things considering. I have a Frankenstein Monster (forgive the pun). It's a 100v V2 with a V3 shell on it. The V2's were actually supposed to be a bit faster than the V3's for some reason. Shrug.

I don't know if I like the design or not yet, as we've only seen renderings and a handful of shots that look like unfinished prototypes. The design aesthetic of many of the Gotway designs is "briefcase with a big wheel sticking out the bottom", with the Nikola being the obvious departure. Form follows function and battery packs are square. The Nikola was criticized for having too big of a shell.

Handle.jpg

Edited by erk1024

On 6/24/2020 at 3:15 AM, EMA said:

new pics, including the new bigger pedals

104495663_575448833400056_7150150661340683152_n.jpg

105421459_270421707612015_1467074296507931014_n.jpg

looks like something id buy for a kid at toysrus, especially with that speaker lol.. stop reusing old designs

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Delmeekc said:

Google hollow bore motor, no little spindle and bearing, probably a much larger bearing with the structural supports that can be seen.  This probably mean less or no wheel flex and case rubbing etc.  I'm guessing the cables also no longer have to be jammed through the axle either which must be another good thing.

Very cool!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, fbhb said:

This post from Facebook says they are using a hollow motor and the old monster column/shims/loosening nuts issues have been resolved!  No real explanation as to how it all works, but the totally New redesigned motor is obviously the key!  

"Fei Che Biao

GotWay Intelligent Transportation 科佰艺智能交通工具

1 hr  · Dongguan, China  · 

Super beast !

24 inch wheel,It's not as big as you think !

It has a powerful hollow motor !

The problem of column instability has been solved !

Powerful engine makes riding smooth!

GW black technology has arrived!"

Now that mysterious "hollow motor" comment is making sense.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Delmeekc said:

And a proper app control for the addressable LEDs instead of a handful of settings.

Let's not go crazy now ;)

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

02c12cba-b27e-4999-a78a-00c2ba5b8be8

Is there some reason we aren't seeing solid aircraft aluminum pedals on these wheels? I'm wondering if a cnc lathe and some good aluminum stock, would be the end of broken pedals? Maybe the honeycomb design IS a better alternative? Just curious and its not really just a monster question. I do see that my pedals are solid, but of potted metal material. Havent broken one yet, but every curb makes me wonder....

9 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Is there some reason we aren't seeing solid aircraft aluminum pedals on these wheels? I'm wondering if a cnc lathe and some good aluminum stock, would be the end of broken pedals? Maybe the honeycomb design IS a better alternative? Just curious and its not really just a monster question. I do see that my pedals are solid, but of potted metal material. Havent broken one yet, but every curb makes me wonder....

It's a valid concern. Pedals have snapped off (including KingSong), but it's rare. Appears to be manufacturing problems. If you like to ride with your feet on the outside edge of the pedals you increase your risk :)

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

yea it costs more.. thats the reasoning behind any decision lol

Probably due to weight, the extensions I've added are from billet aluminium and are weighty, the whole pedal would be quite a heavy I think. They may be some kind of magnesium too, when I drilled and tapped the threads they didn't feel like steel or alloy.

I'm starting to get exciting about the Monster now. Sherman for the summer and Monster for the fall.

I'm good B)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stephen said:

Do you even have different seasons it just always looks sunny 😁 i hate you:D

:roflmao:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Delmeekc said:

Probably due to weight, the extensions I've added are from billet aluminium and are weighty, the whole pedal would be quite a heavy I think. They may be some kind of magnesium too, when I drilled and tapped the threads they didn't feel like steel or alloy.

they are a somewhat brittle magnesium alloy... probably the worst metal you could choose to use for the pedals lmao as it has zero flex and if it develops even a hairline fracture that can lead to it shearing very quickly

• Like 2