This is looking good. I like the seat too, with its little 'flip up' at the back which may well improve comfort. Certainly better than the current Monster 'breeze block' lol. Yes its still unmistakably a briefcase Gotway but I do prefer the MSX design cues over the current monster. And the axle setup is soooo much better. Nice.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Planemo said:

I think it would live up to its 'Monster' name better if they had gone with a 3" width :)

it's almost the same as the 3.0 bike notation ;)

They did no favors standing the new Monster Pro next to the Nikola in that one photo.  The seat for the Monster Pro is an absolute joke.  It doesn't extend all the way to the nose of the wheel making acceleration seated a massive chore, and the total top to pedal distance is actually LESS than the old Monster + seat.  Did anyone observe how easily the seat flops around in that one video Gotway posted?  It's the MSX fly-away seat all over again.  It's Gotway, they won't change anything.  More roundabout seat hacks because they can't do it correctly themselves! 

On the plus side, the new axle design appears to be promising; no more threadlocker and jb weld to keep the axle nuts from turning.  They should do away with bluetooth music to simplify the board and focus more on reliability because it's no secret their track record in the past few months has been miserable.  

I hope this 97 kmh freespin number is accurate for the Monster Pro though - won't be a downgrade like the MSpro was to the MSX. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EMA said:

don't know if already said, new tyre is 2.75-18 :thumbup:

I was hoping for the 3.00-18 tire. Maybe it will fit.

The 2.75-18 will make it 24.1 inch overall.

• Like 2

On 7/1/2020 at 11:45 AM, Dancer said:

I was hoping for the 3.00-18 tire. Maybe it will fit.

The 2.75-18 will make it 24.1 inch overall.

probably yes

the 2.75 motorcycle notation could be norrower or wider compared to the 3.0 bike notation we have on msx or similar, depend on the tyre itself.
for example stock monster 2.75 is a bit narrower compared to 3.0 msx but i have a 2.75 metzeler on my monster actually wider 

Edited by EMA
  • Like 3

I have been seeing reports on this Monster Pro 24" tire with 4000W motor and 3600wh battery. I have also been watching all the most recent you tube videos on the Veteran Sherman. I am still waiting to watch Marty do the hill climb test and range test on the Veteran Sherman when he gets it. I have a Nikola 100V that I purchase from eWheels back in August 2019 after watching Marty's review and recommendation. I love the wheel and now I am looking for a cruising wheel. Does anyone know when this new GW Monster Pro will be coming out or if? I am also curious if there has been any word on when the Veteran Sherman will have a phone app for Android and Apple?

Appreciate your feedback from new member.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, EMA said:

probably yes

the 2.75 motorcycle notation could be norrower or wider compared to the 3.0 bike notation we have on msx or similar, depend on the tyre itself.
for example stock monster 2.75 is a bit narrower compared to 3.0 msx but i have a 2.75 metzeler on my monster actually wider

The tire on the pictures is the cst c6532. It comes in both 2.75-18 and 3.00-18 (even 3.25-18). Are you sure about the 2.75? Looks wider to me.( wishful thinking )

On 7/1/2020 at 11:11 AM, Bvoland said:

I have been seeing reports on this Monster Pro 24" tire with 4000W motor and 3600wh battery. I have also been watching all the most recent you tube videos on the Veteran Sherman. I am still waiting to watch Marty do the hill climb test and range test on the Veteran Sherman when he gets it. I have a Nikola 100V that I purchase from eWheels back in August 2019 after watching Marty's review and recommendation. I love the wheel and now I am looking for a cruising wheel.

There is a lot to think about right now. I'm also tempted to pick up another wheel. The current Monster is a great cruising wheel for sure, with all the extra stability. Awesome for night riding! In Florida, it's crazy hot and humid during the day, and so I ride at night when temperatures drop a bit. Visibility is not at good at night, even with the wheel's light and a headlamp. you can come up on bumps that you barely see before you're on top of them. The Monster's extra roadworthiness is a big help in those cases. The Monster seems to be getting more attention lately.

M-Super Pro (MSP)

This has the same wheel size (18") as the Veteran. Once you get the tire on it, the outer diameter is actually 19.5". That's why the Veteran says it's a 20" wheel. But both have the same rim size, and use the same tires. I don't care about top speed. I limit myself to 50kph for safety reasons. I'm 120kg, so the extra torque of MSP would be great fun, and the stock 3" tire on the MSP is the same model as on the Nikola, which is a really comfortable tire to ride. The 18 wheel would have more stability than the Nikola+ 16". Seems like a good choice for me. Has an excellent light. 

The Veteran Sherman

We have few reviews / low experience with this wheel at this point. What we've seen is pretty exciting though. Hsaing called it a "next generation" wheel. Supposed to have amazing range, acceleration and top speed. The build quality looks great. Better trolley handle. The spongy off-road tire looks looks good for ride quality. There is some question as to how much torque the wheel has. It appears to be more like MSX amounts of torque. Veteran might make adjustments in the firmware. Much heavier than the MSP at 77 pounds.

Monster Pro

We know even less about this wheel. The teaser pics have motor and battery specs, but that's hardly definitive. The rim is one inch bigger than the already very big Monster wheel. That increases the outer diameter from 23.2" to 24.1" This thing could be really heavy. As @meepmeepmayer pointed out, just the batteries would be 30 pounds. The current Monster is 60 pounds. The larger rim with larger motor is sure to add weight. 

One thing people worry about with the current Monster is torque. The motor is fine, but with a bigger wheel it's in a "higher gear" so more torque is needed to get going. (Once it's rolling, you have good top end power though for getting back up to speed.) There was a recent video where Wrong Way Guys actually used the Monster to climb a 35 percent grade, which is nuts. Incredibly steep. They liked it better than the Nikola+ for climbing--which feels like a weird conclusion. The Nikola+ climbs really well and fast. But with the Monster Pro, it has an even bigger diameter and that needs even more torque. If it actually has a 4000w motor, then hopefully that power means extra torque. It could feel zippier and more responsive, better braking, etc. That would be amazing for a wheel this size. Super interesting about the apparent hollow core motor, and what that could mean.

Edited by erk1024
  • Like 1

I appreciate your feedback. It looks like you are leaning toward the MSP you can't go wrong with that wheel either. I was thinking about the MSP but was not sure how much different it would feel than my Nikola 100v. I love the Nikola it is a great wheel and has been a nice all around wheel I do street riding as well as some off road riding and it  has been great for both. 

I was not to sure about the Veteran Sherman until I started seeing all the videos on it from Hsiang, Tishawn and U-Stride. Since this is there first wheel I was going to wait to see if there were any quality control issues or bugs. In one of the videos the guys were mentioning that the pedals would dip on acceleration and that braking was not great. But, I heard by the end of the video that Veteran already had a firmware update for the pedal dip. I know they use the tried and tested Panasonic GA 3.5AH 18650 cells but Gotway has been making the Monster for several years now. I know both wheels will be heavy I believe the Sherman is 77lbs and the new Monster Pro will probably be even heavier.  In watching the videos the guys indicated that the wheel once up to speed was maneuverable. I am interested in hearing Marty's feedback he gets the wheel tomorrow and will be doing the range test on Friday. I hope he does the stress test I would like to see how it does on the hill climb compared to the other wheels. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, erk1024 said:

There is a lot to think about right now. I'm also tempted to pick up another wheel. The current Monster is a great cruising wheel for sure, with all the extra stability. Awesome for night riding! In Florida, it's crazy hot and humid during the day, and so I ride at night when temperatures drop a bit. Visibility is not at good at night, even with the wheel's light and a headlamp. you can come up on bumps that you barely see before you're on top of them. The Monster's extra roadworthiness is a big help in those cases. The Monster seems to be getting more attention lately.

M-Super Pro (MSP)

This has the same wheel size (18") as the Veteran. Once you get the tire on it, the outer diameter is actually 19.5". That's why the Veteran says it's a 20" wheel. But both have the same rim size, and use the same tires. I don't care about top speed. I limit myself to 50kph for safety reasons. I'm 120kg, so the extra torque of MSP would be great fun, and the stock 3" tire on the MSP is the same model as on the Nikola, which is a really comfortable tire to ride. The 18 wheel would have more stability than the Nikola+ 16". Seems like a good choice for me. Has an excellent light. 

The Veteran Sherman

We have few reviews / low experience with this wheel at this point. What we've seen is pretty exciting though. Hsaing called it a "next generation" wheel. Supposed to have amazing range, acceleration and top speed. The build quality looks great. Better trolley handle. The spongy off-road tire looks looks good for ride quality. There is some question as to how much torque the wheel has. It appears to be more like MSX amounts of torque. A rider mentioned low torque under braking. Veteran might make adjustments in the firmware. Much heavier than the MSP at 77 pounds.

Monster Pro

We know even less about this wheel. The teaser pics have motor and battery specs, but that's hardly definitive. The rim is one inch bigger than the already very big Monster wheel. That increases the outer diameter from 23.2" to 24.1" This thing could be really heavy. As @meepmeepmayer pointed out, just the batteries would be 30 pounds. The current Monster is 60 pounds. The larger rim with larger motor is sure to add weight. 

One thing people worry about with the current Monster is torque. The motor is fine, but with a bigger wheel it's in a "higher gear" so more torque is needed to get going. (Once it's rolling, you have good top end power though for getting back up to speed.) There was a recent video where Wrong Way Guys actually used the Monster to climb a 35 percent grade, which is nuts. Incredibly steep. They liked it better than the Nikola+ for climbing--which feels like a weird conclusion. The Nikola+ climbs really well and fast. But with the Monster Pro, it has an even bigger diameter and that needs even more torque. If it actually has a 4000w motor, then hopefully that power means extra torque. It could feel zippier and more responsive, better braking, etc. That would be amazing for a wheel this size. Super interesting about the apparent hollow core motor, and what that could mean.

I am new to the EUC Forum and mean't to reply to you and realized you have to click quote to reply directly.

I appreciate your feedback. It looks like you are leaning toward the MSP you can't go wrong with that wheel either. I was thinking about the MSP but was not sure how much different it would feel than my Nikola 100v. I love the Nikola it is a great wheel and has been a nice all around wheel I do street riding as well as some off road riding and it  has been great for both. 

I was not to sure about the Veteran Sherman until I started seeing all the videos on it from Hsiang, Tishawn and U-Stride. Since this is there first wheel I was going to wait to see if there were any quality control issues or bugs. In one of the videos the guys were mentioning that the pedals would dip on acceleration and that braking was not great. But, I heard by the end of the video that Veteran already had a firmware update for the pedal dip. I know they use the tried and tested Panasonic GA 3.5AH 18650 cells but Gotway has been making the Monster for several years now. I know both wheels will be heavy I believe the Sherman is 77lbs and the new Monster Pro will probably be even heavier.  In watching the videos the guys indicated that the wheel once up to speed was maneuverable. I am interested in hearing Marty's feedback he gets the wheel tomorrow and will be doing the range test on Friday. I hope he does the stress test I would like to see how it does on the hill climb compared to the other wheels. 

5 hours ago, Bvoland said:

It looks like you are leaning toward the MSP you can't go wrong with that wheel either.

I'm just going to wait and see what happens. We have an embarrassment of riches at the moment. So much innovation.:popcorn:

The Monster Pro is getting more interesting with each new bit of information we get. An even more stable and powerful Monster would be awesome! Very tempting. The Veteran looks like fun, but I want to see what Kuji and Marty have to say about it. If the Veteran has crazy acceleration, that could be a reason to give it a try. If the thing that's compelling about the Veteran is top speed, then I wouldn't be interested because speed is better and more usable combined with the stability of the Monster IMHO.  ;)

Edited by erk1024
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, erk1024 said:

I'm just going to wait and see what happens. We have an embarrassment of riches at the moment. So much innovation.:popcorn:

The Monster Pro is getting more interesting with each new bit of information we get. An even more stable and powerful Monster would be awesome! Very tempting. The Veteran looks like fun, but I want to see what Kuji and Marty have to say about it. If the Veteran has crazy acceleration, that could be a reason to give it a try. If the thing that's compelling about the Veteran is top speed, then I wouldn't be interested because speed is better and more usable combined with the stability of the Monster IMHO.  ;)

MSP has the best acceleration on the market right now, it's simply crazy :)
but veteran is very close ;) 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, EMA said:

absolutely:

106135554_591134238476619_7959651116533731782_n.jpg

I guess the silver lining on the tire choice is that the 2.75" will have less rotational inertia (moment of inertia) than a 3" tire, so less torque to spin up. On the current Monster, there is enough clearance to go with a 3" tire. I saw some pics of Chinese riders running them. Maybe we'll be able to run a 3" tire on the new one as well. 

Edited by erk1024
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, erk1024 said:

I agree, let's see what Marty and Kuji have to say Marty got the wheel today and will be doing the range test tomorrow and hopefully he will do the hill test. That will give us a nice perspective if he does the hill climb on torque and ride comparison against the other wheels he has tested. If you ever get out to the Philadelphia area please hit me up on the forum and we can plan a ride. 

Follow up with me and let me know what you decide. My decision will come down to Marty's and Kuji Rolls feedback and how long it takes GW to come out with the New Monster Pro.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bvoland said:

I agree, let's see what Marty and Kuji have to say Marty got the wheel today and will be doing the range test tomorrow and hopefully he will do the hill test. That will give us a nice perspective if he does the hill climb on torque and ride comparison against the other wheels he has tested. If you ever get out to the Philadelphia area please hit me up on the forum and we can plan a ride. 

Just FYI, the Kuji Rolls review of the Veteran is up now! Short answer: he loves it! Check the Veteran thread for the link...

And it would be great to go on a ride! (Stupid pandemic is making travel not very feasible.)

• Like 1