1 hour ago, chulander said:

100% of Gotway wheels do not brick from firmware updates just like 100% of iPhones do not suffer from microSD issues common in Android phones. ;)

Ah the old "it's not a bug, it's a feature". Hahaha

• Like 1

On 7/4/2020 at 10:42 AM, Michael Tucker said:

The  new Veteran is on eWheels for $1000 less than this Monster Pro quote, but it has the same battery. What will Gotway offer that is worth $1000? Lights? Speaker? Seat? Mudguard?....Extra glue on MOSFETS!? Who will buy a $4000 first batch wheel with the most silly build quality flaws like misaligned tires, or spare pieces of wood for shims, random sized screws holding the board or fan, pedals with mismatched angles, used 21700 batteries, oscillation in firmware, fires!? It would be no surprise if the next reviewer opened the New Monster Pro for inspection and found a dead rat used to hold the batteries from bouncing around.

The performance had better be epic to compete with the Sherman...but I fear it will be just a little bit better, then I'll have to decide if the law of diminishing returns is worth the pursuit of Gotway's performance lead.

The battery pack in the sherman actually costs MORE than the Monster pro. 240 cells vs 192 in the Monster Pro (the Sanyo/Panasonic GA cells in the Sherman also cost more at wholesale). 

And from what i heard, this wheel will actually have a slightly lower top speed than the Sherman (97kmh freespin is the rumor). With that said, Gotway is hoping you’ll part with your money because bigger is better... or is it?

Edited by Ben Kim
  • Like 2

On 7/2/2020 at 4:03 PM, Marty Backe said:

Unfortunately at the last minute FedEx decided to delay the delivery until Friday, even though it arrived near me this morning. Oh well. Looks like Sunday will be the range test day.

I have took the Monster up any hill tests. Sometimes you just know when certain situations (steep hills) aren't meant for some wheels (Monster). I only had the original 84-volt Monster.

I will be taking the Veteran to my mountain proving grounds (including Overheat Hill).

I watched you first video on the Veteran Sherman and it looks like you are enjoying the wheel. The more feedback I hear about the wheel the more I am leaning towards purchasing. I was curious if you notice any pedal dipping or anything like the NYC riders experienced. I watched Ian from Speedy Feet and he said he was not experiencing any problems. I will be waiting to watch your stress test and final thoughts. I also was interested if you have heard any time frame on the release of the Monster Pro. I think I have made up my mind and I am going to get the Veteran but if the Monster Pro is coming out this month may wait to watch the reviews. 

Thanks for your great videos.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Bvoland said:

I watched you first video on the Veteran Sherman and it looks like you are enjoying the wheel. The more feedback I hear about the wheel the more I am leaning towards purchasing. I was curious if you notice any pedal dipping or anything like the NYC riders experienced. I watched Ian from Speedy Feet and he said he was not experiencing any problems. I will be waiting to watch your stress test and final thoughts. I also was interested if you have heard any time frame on the release of the Monster Pro. I think I have made up my mind and I am going to get the Veteran but if the Monster Pro is coming out this month may wait to watch the reviews. 

Thanks for your great videos.

I'm capturing most of my Veteran thoughts in my dedicated Sherman thread over in the Veteran section of the Forum. Yes, this Sherman (the one I have) has pedal dip reminiscent of the Monster. It only manifests itself in tight turns (like making a 90+ degree turn. Kuji sees the same thing in his. It's annoying, but like the Monster, you compensate for it and life goes on. Certainly not a deal breaker for me.

I'm rather out of touch regarding the Monster Pro, but I'd be surprised if they reach people before October.

• Like 3

On 6/2/2020 at 4:30 AM, Marty Backe said:

Unfortunately I think we need more batteries to properly feed a 4500-watt motor. There's room in a 24-inch wheel. 18-inch? Not so much :(

What if they used silver-zink batteries? (uneducated question, I just heard SZ batteries are the bees knees)

Edited by Souleye
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Souleye said:

What if they used silver-zink batteries? (uneducated question, I just heard SZ batteries are the bees knees)

I do know that there's all kinds of fascinating battery technologies out there. But in our everyday world, all we have is lithium ion

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Yes, this Sherman (the one I have) has pedal dip reminiscent of the Monster. It only manifests itself in tight turns (like making a 90+ degree turn. Kuji sees the same thing in his. It's annoying, but like the Monster, you compensate for it and life goes on. Certainly not a deal breaker for me.

It has been confirmed that this will be remedied in a firmware update, however, so this will not be a characteristic of this wheel for much longer for those that chose to upgrade.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm capturing most of my Veteran thoughts in my dedicated Sherman thread over in the Veteran section of the Forum. Yes, this Sherman (the one I have) has pedal dip reminiscent of the Monster. It only manifests itself in tight turns (like making a 90+ degree turn. Kuji sees the same thing in his. It's annoying, but like the Monster, you compensate for it and life goes on. Certainly not a deal breaker for me.

I'm rather out of touch regarding the Monster Pro, but I'd be surprised if they reach people before October.

I will start checking the Sherman thread thanks for letting me know. It looks like the pedal issue will be resolved in a firmware update.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2020 at 11:02 AM, Jim Martin said:

I'm more in the camp of 30 to 35 mph and it's not about going 60 mph, but knowing the wheel is solid and won't dump me hitting 35 mph.  I like having the headroom, not actually hitting 60 mph

40+mph for sure.  Not all the time, but on tested roads under good conditions and when you want to enjoy the wind for few minutes.  If you lower speed, then walk? 

Im surprised to see people would rather a product not be firmware updatable due to the possibility of it breaking. 

In my opinion I would want more features, an updatable firmware is a big plus.

Updating the firmware is a user choice, if you are not experiencing any negatives then you don't need to take the risk by updating the firmware.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, irmatt said:

Im surprised to see people would rather a product not be firmware updatable due to the possibility of it breaking. 

In my opinion I would want more features, an updatable firmware is a big plus.

Updating the firmware is a user choice, if you are not experiencing any negatives then you don't need to take the risk by updating the firmware.

I agree and was taken off guard when I found that the mten couldnt be user updated, as it has pedal dip sometimes on rugged terrain. Then I hear the Sherman is also not user updateable. My kingsong wheel took a HUGE leap when I updated it. Still, I havent chosen to try their newest. You know, if it aint broke. . .  Having the CHOICE to upgrade/downgrade or neither, is aces in my book. I hear that with eucw, its almost a no brainer. True, disabling user upgrades is a way to make a wheel less likely to become corrupted (some people could screw up a wet dream!), but it also means a costly shipping service to have a shop to it for you. Compromises in the end, but i personally like having the ability.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, FullTilt said:

Just announced on FB Monster Pro will have a 3500W motor (down from 4000W). Same power as Gotway Ex suspension wheel.

I wonder if marketing got a little ahead of themselves, ha. I'm guessing it may very well be the same motor for both models. Very curious to see how it performs!

Just now, redfoxdude said:

I wonder if marketing got a little ahead of themselves, ha. I'm guessing it may very well be the same motor for both models. Very curious to see how it performs!

bs numbers per usual I'm guessing

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@EMA 

From what's in the photos...

• New / different tire than what they were running before
  • Two recessed buttons
  • It looks like the final plastic this time (not prototype panels like before)
  • Charge ports must be under the rubber flap, top front
  • Nice big voltage display
  • Can see the trolley handle extended
Edited by erk1024
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

LIFT SPEED OF 106kmh!! I may have to cancel my Sherman preorder, as the only reason I'm getting it is for the speed. I briefly looked at the EX, but the new spec release of an 86kmh lift speed left me a little disappointed, as I'm not after torque so much. The Sherman has a similar lift speed to this Monster Pro, but its alarm begins at 70% power instead of GW's 80%, so I imagine it would be difficult to discern how far you are into the "danger zone". I always respect the beep on my MSX100v and have thus never had a high speed cutout, but this speed is often 39-40mph for me at 100% even though I know I can "safely" push it to 45-46 before I'll begin to enter the cutout zone. Hopefully the Monster Pro will start beeping at those higher speeds! Or maybe I should just learn to read the wheel and watch out for pedal dip at higher speeds like some other riders have mastered...

There's another thing to consider and that is with a larger diameter wheel, you're less likely to get a "death wobble" like Kuji experienced going fast on the Sherman (with the street tire). This wheel should have more stability. But people say the Sherman is remarkably stable (esp with the off-road tire) so who knows? But TBH, going that fast on an EUC doesn't seems like a great idea.

Edited by erk1024
  • Like 2